It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neda Soltani shot by an American Bullet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Just seems too co-incidental to me that a 16yr old girl would just so happen to be shot by Iranian Police, and then made as a Martyr as part of the uprising. We all know the US rigged the election so as to trigger this public revolution, but I personally think someone out there in Iran targeted her specifically as Americas role in this revolution. Would only take a sniper to take out 1 key activitist and thats exactly what happened, I'd like to see wether the bullet came from a American Sniper or has fingerprints on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It is what it is man, .... I dont see much coincidence here. Why fly in an american sniper to kill a 16 year old girl, ..... come on. Dont wrap your head around this one too much.

Now if you'll excuse me, .... I'm jet lagged, and have to clean my sniper rifle before I hit the sack.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
They killed Neda but not her voice

** Warning .. disturbing video.

I just read about this and watched the short video. It was VERY disturbing. It will take some time to get it out of my head. That was awful.

No I don't think it was an American bullet. There are plenty of real bullets being fired by the Iranian police. No one is going to have to make up something for an uprising. It's already happening.

The youth of Iran are tired of it all. God bless 'em.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh man. That video is so disturbing.

I'm with you FlyersFan. There's no need for the US to be sniping here. The Iranian guards are fine with doing that themselves. I hope the death of this innocent young girl inspires the people to keep on with their movement. The world is behind them and they can change things for the better.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That video is very disturbing!! How sad!!

If these are the type of videos that people need to see in the hope that it might save some life in the future then put it on the news!!

It is very easy for us sitting in the comfort of our homes to watch and listen to the news everyday about these innocent people being killed. It doesnt impact us directly and usually forget about it in 5 minutes.

We are helpless in the reality of things but positive thoughts and informing the people around us might just make some sort of difference and raise awareness.

STOP THE KILLINGS AND BLOODSHED PLEASE!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
CIA is all over this like a Fat Kid on Cup Cake -

If you can understand why, and see it clearly then you are able to see the worold for what it really is.

If you sincerely believe this is a popular uprising and the election was rigged - then you can also rest assured it was also 12 rag tag, dissaffected cave dwellers who circumnavigated the worlds most sophisticated air defense system to orchestrate the western worlds worst military attack since the second world war - and that three superstructure collapsed in a one in a million fashion from a one in a million cause......but America always was the land of dream(er)s.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
CIA is all over this like a Fat Kid on Cup Cake

But why do you think that? I haven't seen or read anything that implies the US is actually instigating or provoking these riots, apart from the accusations of the Iranian powers

These last few seconds of a girl's life are showing what is actually happening in that country -- people are no longer going to take being ruled by ambivolent, power hungry nutcases.

Is the US responsable? I don't think so. If anything, it's the world we live in that is responsable -- the change in attitudes, perceptions and the proliferation of the internet and media that has allowed this change.

Because people can now get their stories, opinions and plights across instantaneously to an audience of millions, they are no longer 'as alone' as they once were. They aren't cut off from the rest of us and no longer have to rely on 2nd-, 3rd- or Nth-hand stories to filter out into the world arena.

Now the world can really see what is going on and TPTB no longer have their talons embedded as deeply as they did.

I just hope they [the Iranian people] can go all the way with this. I not sure exactly what that means, but so long as they are not under the screw as they once were.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

The US didn't assassinate her, but it's partners in the corporate media world are using the hell out of it to turn Americans against Iran.

They tried turning us against Iran throughout 2003-present. Looks like they got lucky with this one. People won't be as upset when/if we go to war with Iran, now.

Edit to add: Any attack against Iran will be seen as liberation instead of invasion. When/if that day comes, you won't see anymore stories about people like Neda, even though just as many of them will be dieing -- probably by our hands, as well. Just like in Iraq.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Originally posted by audas
CIA is all over this like a Fat Kid on Cup Cake

But why do you think that? I haven't seen or read anything that implies the US is actually instigating or provoking these riots, apart from the accusations of the Iranian powers

These last few seconds of a girl's life are showing what is actually happening in that country -- people are no longer going to take being ruled by ambivolent, power hungry nutcases.

Is the US responsable? I don't think so. If anything, it's the world we live in that is responsable -- the change in attitudes, perceptions and the proliferation of the internet and media that has allowed this change.

Because people can now get their stories, opinions and plights across instantaneously to an audience of millions, they are no longer 'as alone' as they once were. They aren't cut off from the rest of us and no longer have to rely on 2nd-, 3rd- or Nth-hand stories to filter out into the world arena.

Now the world can really see what is going on and TPTB no longer have their talons embedded as deeply as they did.

I just hope they [the Iranian people] can go all the way with this. I not sure exactly what that means, but so long as they are not under the screw as they once were.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by noonebutme]

The US congress approved 400 million dollars for covert CIA operations in Iran to destabilise the regime - this was reported by the SAME reporter who broke the Abu Grahib prisoner abuse scandal Seymore Hersch - this is information is freely available in the mainstream media and has been available for months - why do you not believe that your most well paid section of your entire society would not be involved in the issue it is most concerned about ?

The military budget occupies 60% of total US expenditure and intelligence takes 70% of that . The CIA's specific mandate is propaganda and regime change and has been involved in two coups in Iran in the past several decades - it is considerably HARDER to believe they are NOT invovled that to believe they are involved.

www.thelondondailynews.com...

edition.cnn.com...

www.newyorker.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.alternet.org...:_iran-contra,_the_cia,_the_crs,_and_cheney%27s_assassination_squads/

Including Assisnation squads - ok.

So it is not some made up story - it is the truth, you were told this is what was doing before it happened, your congress approved it, it was said in clear and public terms that this is what they were planning to do - they have done it and now you are simply unable to believe what has been clearly and publicly admitted to.

Good luck with things.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, keep in mind they aren't "my congress" -- thankfully, I'm not American.

I'll agree that they have a hand in the liberation or the proliferation of a more freely accesable media outlet.

But i still don't believe that it's 'old school' tactics, whereby people/agents are inserted to destabilise the Iranian govt. That seems far too risky and prone to exposure.

It seems to me the easiest and more effective way is to provide the Iranian people the ability to broadcast and blog what's happening.

Now, if that's what you mean by CIA intervention/funding, ok - I stand corrected.

But if you mean agents physically there to help usurp their govt by enabling the peopel - then i still don't believe that. Just my opinion.. I'm happy to be proven wrong. And large fiscal budgets do not in themselves equate to physical actions by the CIA.

(I'm not a pro-CIA person, btw. I'm just not convinced they would risk the exposure)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
Well, keep in mind they aren't "my congress" -- thankfully, I'm not American.

I'll agree that they have a hand in the liberation or the proliferation of a more freely accesable media outlet.

But i still don't believe that it's 'old school' tactics, whereby people/agents are inserted to destabilise the Iranian govt. That seems far too risky and prone to exposure.

It seems to me the easiest and more effective way is to provide the Iranian people the ability to broadcast and blog what's happening.

Now, if that's what you mean by CIA intervention/funding, ok - I stand corrected.

But if you mean agents physically there to help usurp their govt by enabling the peopel - then i still don't believe that. Just my opinion.. I'm happy to be proven wrong. And large fiscal budgets do not in themselves equate to physical actions by the CIA.

(I'm not a pro-CIA person, btw. I'm just not convinced they would risk the exposure)

Um did you read the articles ? No ? They are not lying.

What do you think the CIA does - sit around in Virginia smoking ciggies ? ARe you mad - they are hands on field agents - thats exactly what they do.

Perhaps it is time for some "recommended reading" - starting with Tim Shorrock "Spies for Hire" -

The seven people who were shot were breaking into police and military compounds to break out guns - yes - CIA.

The articles will point you to CIA funding for operation AJAX which was used to train Iranian nationals who were part of the Iranian Moujahadin inside Iraq and then trasnfer into Iran for these elections - the CIA were showcasing their latest SIGINTELS and were spamming IRanian student SMS lists with the messages, Twitter was being spammed by Mossad and MI6 has already been signled out for its involvement with the foriegn ambassador - David Milliband would not have even bothered commenting on the allegations unless they were significant enough -

The question you probably need to ask is what makes you think the CIA packed up its bags and went home ? Becuase if you think that then you need to rethink.

cheers.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Most likely it was an Iranian bullet. We don't yet have the physics required to fire a bullet all the way into Iran, and it a target.

CX

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If it was a US shooter, i would like to think they would be more intelligent than to use a weapon/ammo that could be traced back to the US.

I don't think there would be a need for US intervention as far as killing people is concerned though, the authorities there seem to be doing a good job of that already.

CX.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Surprisingly theres these things called Planes which people travel in from A to B, and guess what, you can carry whatever luggage you want with you (being Bullets or Toothbrushes.)
An Iranian shooter must have had some damn good luck with not hitting anyone else apart from her in a crowded street, not to mention the fact theyd have been outnumbered and possibly being pelleted with missiles from the crowd.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I find the choice of target more telling than anything here. My bet is that the shot came from an outside influence.

Peace

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There are plenty of videos showing Iranian Guards firing into crowds. Besides, if the CIA did it, they would certainly use a Russian Made AK47. They have been at this a long time, they wouldn't make that silly of a mistake. We have entire black-op units outfitted with foreign made weapons.

Also, anyone claiming the CIA rigged an election in Iran is insane! We can barely get our elections right in the US! Iran is closed off to the US. We make diplomatic contact through Switzerland. Sure, we may have a few covert operatives, but no where near enough to pull this off!

If someone wants to claim we rigged an election in the Phillipines or Florida, I may buy that, but there is no way we have that kind of influence in Iran!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I find the choice of target more telling than anything here. My bet is that the shot came from an outside influence.

Peace

Easy money hey.....

Ill bet there are some people in Iranian jails right now wishing they never took that cash and are hoping like crazy their employers, the CIA, were only kidding about this "deny all knowledge" thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
the neda soltani shooting vid , seemed to be a fake to me ,

for the first 3 secs , her eyes are moving , but then suddenly blood starts coming out all over her face . there is no bullet wounds , on her face too .

seems like a fake , maybe CIA/mossad propaganda to whip up hate against Iran

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is not hard to figure out. Nearly 70% of Iran's population is under the age of 30, and they are controlled by a collection of aged religious conservatives who are only concerned with:

1. Controlling the way the general population lives and thinks
2. Figuring out ways to ruin a prosperous economy
3. Antagonizing their neighbors based upon the tenets of religious hatred
4. Punishing their own people for things we take for granted

The Iranian people are educated, modern, multi-cultural, and enlightened. They sit on some of the world's greatest sources of natural resources. They crave political and economic freedom just like everyone else. They have had 30 years of the Mullahs running the show, and they are as mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore.

Unfortunately, freedom is rarely free, and the price you pay is usually counted in the currency of blood. The CIA had nothing to do with this particular shooting. Or the dozens or hundreds we haven't seen. Money to fund propaganda radio broadcasts, underground political movements, and putting preferred people into important positions is what the CIA does.

The young woman in the video is just an unfortunate victim of the Mullahs and their muscle. Perhaps her senseless death will be a catalyst for something noble and good.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
There are plenty of videos showing Iranian Guards firing into crowds. Besides, if the CIA did it, they would certainly use a Russian Made AK47. They have been at this a long time, they wouldn't make that silly of a mistake. We have entire black-op units outfitted with foreign made weapons.

Also, anyone claiming the CIA rigged an election in Iran is insane! We can barely get our elections right in the US! Iran is closed off to the US. We make diplomatic contact through Switzerland. Sure, we may have a few covert operatives, but no where near enough to pull this off!

If someone wants to claim we rigged an election in the Phillipines or Florida, I may buy that, but there is no way we have that kind of influence in Iran!

There are that many threads and posts on this web site which totally refute this - if you want to know then look them up and read them - if you don't wan to know the truth then continue believing what you want.

Further - the CIA has already managed to influence the outcome of TWO elections in Iran - what makes a third so hard to believe - its their job.

Oh by the way it was widely and publicly reported in the press and mainstream media that Congress had given approval for the CIA to do this, had given them the money, $400 million, and that the CIA had special operation assasination sqauds operating - this was public, mainstream and prior to the the elections - so which bit do you think is unbelievable - the fact that they did what they said they were going to do ?

Search feature is at the top of the page - illuminate yourself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join