It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of Thinker are you

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Intrapersonal thinkers:

* Spend a lot of time thinking about and trying to understand themselves
* Reflect on their thoughts and moods, and work to improve them
* You understand how your behaviour affects your relationships with others

Other Intrapersonal thinkers include
Sigmund Freud, Gandhi, Grahame Greene

Careers which suit Intrapersonal Thinkers include
Psychologist, Teacher, Pilot, Child care worker, Explorer, Drama therapist

Interesting..sounds like me. Although I would never be a pilot with my fear of flying..lol I have worked as a teacger and a child care worker. Neat thread! Thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Existential here which is what I thought it would say. Understanding that the way life is experienced is based on perception, I can use that. Every day brings something new, our life is unique. That uniqueness should be taken into consideration when we are making decisions. If a homeless man walks up to me I am more likely to give him money than donating it to a charity even though this does not necessarily follow logic or "bang for your buck" or the "greater good." I guess that is a way to describe existential thought. It is taking what happens right in front of you into consideration, what you can touch, what you can effect, and how that must be significant because it's the only thing you can really effect, spiritually...

you can impart your attitude and intentions to these situation, not just your productivity, your time, and your money. I took in a stray cat that showed up, never something I considered doing or even thought about before that morning, but the cat was there and it was like that "happened for a reason." Even though I know better. My efforts would be much more useful to the world if focusing on other things, but the cat was right in front of me. I think this differentiates existential thinking from other types. I'm not a philosophy major, but yeah.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Naturalist thinker.

The description was pretty much dead on. I understand myself enough to know that it's pretty accurate. Good find OP

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Musical Thinker.

Of coarse! My father is a musician, composer and recording engineer, my husband is a musician, composer and recording engineer, and I've been singing and playing music since I was a child. But I've always gone back and forth between music and visual arts. I can't concentrate on just one for too long.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Existential thinkers:

* Like to spend time thinking about philosophical issues such as "What is the meaning of life?"
* Try to see beyond the 'here and now', and understand deeper meanings
* consider moral and ethical implications of problems as well as practical solutions

Like existential thinkers, Leonardo questioned man's role in the universe. Many of his paintings explored the relationship between man and God. Other Existential Thinkers include
The Buddha, Gandhi, Plato, Socrates, Martin Luther King

Careers which suit Existential Thinkers include
Philosopher, Religious leader, Head of state, Artist, Writer

Funny think is that I am a scientist?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Musical thinkers:

* Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies
* Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
* Feel a strong connection between music and emotions

Like many musical thinkers, Leonardo loved to sing, and had a fine voice Other Musical Thinkers include
Mozart, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix

Careers which suit Musical Thinkers include
Musician, Music teacher, Sound engineer, Recording technician
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existential thinkers:

* Like to spend time thinking about philosophical issues such as "What is the meaning of life?"
* Try to see beyond the 'here and now', and understand deeper meanings
* consider moral and ethical implications of problems as well as practical solutions

Like existential thinkers, Leonardo questioned man's role in the universe. Many of his paintings explored the relationship between man and God. Other Existential Thinkers include

Philosopher, Religious leader, Head of state, Artist, Writer

Interesting...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Very fun post. It turns out I am an Existential thinker and I guess I have always thought of things as the results state. I've always had an inquisitive nature and look at everything objectively. Plus I have an insane quest for knowledge in just about everything I come across. I am never just happy with scratching the surface and am always willing to dig further.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Thinker quiz : what your results say about you

Some people have a strong preference for one style of thinking, and find some skills come more naturally than others. Other people tend to adopt different thinking styles in different situations.

This test gives you an idea of what your current thinking style or styles are. But remember - the brain is a very adaptive organ. You should be able to improve your performance in any one of these categories with practice. The Renaissance ideal

The leading thinkers of the Renaissance were not just experts in their own field. The renaissance scholar was expected to master all branches of knowledge.

With his insatiable desire to know everything, Leonardo da Vinci is often held up as the ideal Renaissance man.

You are an Interpersonal Thinker
Interpersonal thinkers:
Like to think about other people, and try to understand them
Recognise differences between individuals and appreciate that different people have different perspectives
Make an effort to cultivate effective relationships with family, friends and colleagues

Like interpersonal thinkers, Leonardo had lots of friends and contacts, and was a popular figure at the Italian court. Other Interpersonal thinkers include
Winston Churchill, Mother Teresa, William Shakespeare

Careers which suit Interpersonal thinkers include
Politician, Psychologist, Nurse, Counsellor, Teacher

You are an Existential Thinker
Existential thinkers:
Like to spend time thinking about philosophical issues such as "What is the meaning of life?"
Try to see beyond the 'here and now', and understand deeper meanings
consider moral and ethical implications of problems as well as practical solutions

Philosopher, Religious leader, Head of state, Artist,

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Logical-Mathematical thinker

Logic solves all

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
well i'll be the first

Kinaesthetic thinkers:

Think in movements.
Like to use their bodies in skilful and expressive ways
Have an aptitude for working with your hands

Other Kinaesthetic Thinkers include
Houdini, Rudolph Nureyev, David Beckham

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I'm a "You are a Naturalist Thinker" also.

Pretty cool test I agree with the results.

I'm always in tune with animals thats for sure.

fits me rather well I must say.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Existential Thinker.

Not really a surprise, and I'd say it was pretty accurate.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Interpersonal thinkers:

* Like to think about other people, and try to understand them
* Recognise differences between individuals and appreciate that different people have different perspectives
* Make an effort to cultivate effective relationships with family, friends and colleagues

Like interpersonal thinkers, Leonardo had lots of friends and contacts, and was a popular figure at the Italian court. Other Interpersonal thinkers include
Winston Churchill, Mother Teresa, William Shakespeare

Careers which suit Interpersonal thinkers include
Politician, Psychologist, Nurse, Counsellor, Teacher

freaky thing is am training to be a nursery teacher
lol

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Musical - naturalist and existential thinker.

I am the sound engineering astonomer head of state Buddah!

LOL
nice op

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Musical thinkers:

* Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies
* Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
* Feel a strong connection between music and emotions

Naturalist Thinkers:

* Like to understand the natural world, and the living beings that inhabit it
* have an aptitude for communicating with animals
* You try to understand patterns of life and natural forces

It's an interesting test. Maybe only a year or two ago, the results would be different? Guess it changes like we all change over time...cool.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The kind who thinks the statement "Your browser doesn't support our quiz" is backwards and dishonest. It should read "Sorry, we're too lazy/ignorant to support your browser".

I think too many folks look to externals for validation. What kind of thinker am I? A broader-based one than most, one who can think in original terms far more effectively than most.

For instance, the quiz treats education as an external, something given by others and doesn't seem to differentiate between formal schooling and genuine education. While I hold a college degree, that's merely paper. I didn't get much of an education in college compared to what I taught myself and learned from experience.

These sorts of things are fun, but as meaningless as the daily horoscope.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Spot on for me...

Naturalist Thinkers:

* Like to understand the natural world, and the living beings that inhabit it
* have an aptitude for communicating with animals
* You try to understand patterns of life and natural forces

Like other Naturalist thinkers, Leonardo longed to spend time in the countryside. He spent hours watching birds to understand how they flew.

Other Naturalist thinkers include Charles Darwin, Jane Goodall, Johnny Morris, David Attenborough

Careers which suit Naturalist thinkers include Biologist, Meteorologist, Forester, Farmer, Astronomer, Alternative therapist

So how did I wind up in Accountancy?

Well, my dream is to work with animals and the closest, realistic choice would have been to work in a vet's office and after enrolling in school, I decided I couldn't do it. I couldn't work with sick and possibly dying animals. I can't even squash a bug for God sake's. I would be an emotional mess all the time.

Guess accountancy was the next best thing. I like working with numbers.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

?

See 2 posts ahead....

Sorry....

[edit on 29-6-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

For instance, the quiz treats education as an external, something given by others and doesn't seem to differentiate between formal schooling and genuine education. While I hold a college degree, that's merely paper. I didn't get much of an education in college compared to what I taught myself and learned from experience.

I think that's why the first few questions ask, not only your completed level of education and the rate at which you like your job, but also how you think your education had a role in your knowledge to do the work.

For instance, I only completed high school, but I love my job. But my answers to the questions like, "do you think your education prepared you for your career" and things of that nature, I pretty much answered "No" or "very little" to all of those.

So it does take that into consideration.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

What kind of Thinker are you?"

An old one...

oldTHINKER out...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join