It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you sacrifice your soul to save other souls?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
NOTE: we aren't debating about the reality of hell here. I just to know what are your take if you're faced with such very tough choices to make!! Also keep in mind that even good, law-abiding people can go to hell too!!!!

What if hell does exist (now don't kill me yet for saying it!). This hell is the Biblical hell - eternal suffering of getting burned forever in the lake of fire

Supposing you've discovered a way to permanently seal hell up and prevent more souls from being trapped in it. But to do it, you have to go to the bowels of the hell itself. You can't do it remotely by the way, an animal or robot won't be able to do it. The moment you've done it, there will be no more undoing it, it will be permanent. Sadly, the effect will be instant, giving you no time to escape, and trapping you forever in it.

You also can't trick another person to do it. It can only work if the person had full awareness of his/her mission, in addition to the knowledge of the mission itself.

Would you do it??

[edit on 22-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Maybe, but wouldn't I just be saving bad people? I mean, where would they go?

If they were good souls then I would, but since we're talking about the "Biblical" hell if you will, an analogy could be like, would you sacrifice yourself to close all prisons so nobody would could ever be put in prison again?

Well, where are you going to put the criminals then?

Besides, I don't think Hell works exactly like we think.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
No, I wouldn't as long as there are so many that wish to visit. To deny them their damnation would be far too selfish of me. Besides, if noone further wishes to go, then it really does not matter if it stays open or not.

[edit on 6/22/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
What if hell does exist (now don't kill me yet for saying it!). This hell is the Biblical hell - eternal suffering of getting burned forever in the lake of fire

Supposing you've discovered a way to permanently seal hell up and prevent more souls from being trapped in it. But to do it, you have to go to the bowels of the hell itself. You can't do it remotely by the way, an animal or robot won't be able to do it. The moment you've done it, there will be no more undoing it, it will be permanent. Sadly, the effect will be instant, giving you no time to escape, and trapping you forever in it.

You also can't trick another person to do it. It can only work if the person had full awareness of his/her mission, in addition to the knowledge of the mission itself.

Would you do it??

The idea of hell that you're talking about wasn't invented till the dark ages and all of it comes from "pagen" religions.

The Jews had no concept of this hell. Gehenna simply means Generation or Genesis.

The only way you go to Cell (what hell means and Kill) is to stop the blood line. When you are last in line or Chief of the house....1st & Last....the blood is on your head...you being the head. Keep the blood moving and keep a home. This new home is a NEWBORN...who Jesus went forth to prepare, so that where he is, you shall be also. This is why two or more need to be gathered in his name...."self existent salvation" or as you know it Jesus, because can't be making babies by yourself.

This is the New Jerusalem and the New earth.....A new born...."and a child shall lead them, and the government (guber ment...control of the mind) shall be upon....his shoulders...(where the mind sits on the thrown of the head).

As to the question. Jesus said you will follow him. He did exactly what you said....body surfed the muck for 3 human days and 3000 spiritual years...spirit being speaking. All get to do it....shoots and ladders....peace

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You two brought up very valid points!

I may have to edit my OP. But to answer you both now. When I meant Biblical hell, yes, it was mentioned that even 'good' people can go there.

For example, you have not committed a single crime your whole life but because you are disrespectful to your parents, you go to hell. Or simply because you didn't put God above everything you do, even if you do good all the time. So yes, good people can still meet their doom in the Biblical Hell.

But please, don't flame me for this! My thread is about a making a tight choice, not if hell is real or who goes there or not!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
No, I will definitely not do it. I am not a saint and sacrificing my soul is just not an option for me. I think it would be the ultimate sacrifice, but I am no hero and especially when it means that I will suffer for eternity - no thank you!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Hi ahn/

Well,It was done over two thousand years ago!
God took Flesh and became a servant of man.
He taught His Apostles all He had to teach.
He then told them what He came for........
When Thou hadst overcome the sting of death, Thou didst open the kingdom of heaven to all believers......By His Resurrection He freed all those before Him....Let's try this...
'the sting of death is sin' (I Cor. 15:56).
Adam, who received the sting, became at the same time an exile from the tree of life, from paradise and from God (cf. Gen. 3);
and this was followed by the body's death....

On Death and Resurrection in Christ~ Old Testament...
And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live ...” (Ezekiel 37:12-14)
“0 Death, where is your sting? 0 Sheol, where is your victory?” (Hosea 13:34)

He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces . . . It will be said on that day, “Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him; let us be glad and rejoice in His salvation.” (Isaiah 25:8-9)

Come, let us return to the Lord: For He has torn,
that He may heal us; He has stricken,
and He will bind us up.
After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, that we may live before Him.
(Hosea 6:1-2)

Thus says the Lord God: “Behold I will open your graves,
and raise you from your graves, 0 my people ...(Before Jesus Christ)Prophecies For the Saviour of the World.

And you shall know that I am the Lord,
when I open your graves,
and raise you from your graves, 0 my people.

And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live ...” (Ezekiel 37:12-14)
All these have been prophesied and fullfilled.

How can someone living sacrifice their soul, when the body still occupies that soul?
Only the Lord Jesus Christ can and did this!

Hell was put in place for the Devil and his demons.
Let them free themselves...it is the place they want to be at.

Back to your O.Post....
I wouldn't do it because I hear people all the time on ATS saying that this is where they would want to be.
It is a free choice as to how one lives their life...

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
as said in previous posts, there are a lot of people who just don't deserve to be "saved".

if there really is a hell, then i believe there is also a pretty good system that decides who goes to hell and who goes to heaven. not just something like:

christians ---> heaven
everyone else ---> hell

but a system that really weights what have people done in their lives and chooses accordingly, no matter what religion did they decide to believe in.

now if it turned out that the system is really wrong and people that don't deserve to go to hell still end up burning there for eternity (or whatever they're supposed to do in here, depending on what religion you believe in)... i don't think i could do it myself, but i would probably tell other people how to do it, and maybe someday someone brave enough would actually do it.

of course, that would mean that thieves/murderers/american presidents would go to heaven, but i guess it is still better than good people ending up in hell...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Well, I thought it would be caught, but I guess I should just say. Good people go to prison and jail too. I mean the vast majority of first time offenders especially. I mean they can be wonderful people, but if they did something wrong they belong there.

Just like if they did something to go to Hell. So, the analogy still holds. Would you shut down all the prisons knowing there's some good people in there?

Then again there's only one thing you gotta do to get into biblical Heaven. All you have to do is believe that Jesus gave you a free ride in, and you get a free ride in. So, if you're going to Hell, I mean I really can't help you. It's not like they weren't warned really and it couldn't be any easier.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You're really going to bring out some crazies with a question like this.

My answer is hell no.

Good luck with this crazy-fest!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My soul? NO!
My life? Yes.

What else is there to say. I'm not willing to rot in hell for others.
And I highly doubt God would ask such a thing of anyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
.... I would do it. and show this Satan how awful, goodness is .

I would prolly pack up some sunscreen, marshmallows, and a satan costume, ..... to claim the other satan as imposter, and overthrow him. .... and my campaign slogan you ask ???

marshmallows for everyone !!!!

fortunately, this " hell" is purely a work of fiction.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

The soul is not inhabited by the body, but the body the soul. It is the body that bears our judgments, the Host, by which Yahweh meaning "Self existent" and "the existing one" governs blessings over men and light. These are bestowed in all men, each one "the only begotten"....One of a Kind.

"Gathered to his people"

Here's a question? Why a mourning period of 30 days when someone dies? Some due because of tradition, some because they miss the person. Like so,
"We are gathered here to day to pay tribute and to REMEMBER...so and so."

We RE-Member them. You ever notice how you become more like your parents, or your parents act more like your grandparents...especially if they are passed away?

We are in a relay folks, around the same track we have been on so long we can't remember. Generation to Generation....Forever....Aeon....Vanishing Point....MtTzion....Means Horizon....it always is level with the head...so the head must keep unfolding....generation to generation....forever.

The ones not taking forth the life, are the ones who've fallen and are the ones "self existent salvation" went out to seek....be he a hooker....be he a drunk.....be he a drug dealer...The son of man scatters seed EVERYWHERE...."Why do you call me Good, no one is good except the father IN Heaven...."is not the life worth more then the body?".....isn't it more important to give LIFE freely just as you have received it? Not by taking life...the self righteous cross, but by picking up the same cross that has always been here and always will be.....Crossing the Jordan.

Jordan means Descender, as in Descendent. To cross the Jordan means to cross in descendants. This is why it says, "Who can ascend into heaven, but he who first descended from it." Not floating down or up, but Generating.

With out regeneration brought about by child baring, in the day you are whispering to children for help....they will say to the imaginary person...."Go away, I never knew you"....then you will truly see the savior for who he really is....you, him, me, her, them, us, we....but to the children belong the kingdom. they are neither taken or given in marriage, but are AS Angels IN Heaven....."To exist"....from Havah....Yahweh.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

There are actually many question that would probably need answering before such a decision was made,

for one, are the souls being saved? or just being stopped from going to hell?
Do all the souls effected get to go to heaven or are they stuck on earth?

If this is a biblical hell, then by stopping it do I stop the process that leads to everyones second chance that in the end is supposed to defeat the devil and bring everyone to heaven?

There are many more questions Im sure, but to tell you the truth, if it would save souls, and god let me sacrifice myself, I would do it.

Truthfully I already have, I traded my place in heaven with the a man who I think will only better himself if his soul experiences heaven so I plan to lead a good life in order for him to be allowed to go. I have excepted his sins as my own, because I think that even though he has made mistakes and still does, I think that he is a good person, and he just needs help.

I am willing to sacrifice my soul for one other soul, if it was everyones soul, and they were actually being saved, and not just stopped from going to hell, I would do it, because god will stop me when I make the wrong desicion.

I am christian I guess you can say, but I have a whole lot more faith in him, then most people ever have, he isnt cruel and mean as many as would portray him, he is just a lord looking for a kingdom to serve.

If we would just stop being so selfish and except this worlds beauty into us, there would be no arguments and no pain, God, the universe, the everything, what ever you believe in, it is all here for a reason, it is beautiful and happy whether the people in it except that or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is the cleverest thread I have read for a long time.

Its a trick, in order for life to exist there must be an equal balance, (black/white Light/Dark Good/Bad getting rid of all the negativity will only bring what we believe 'happiness' however, if we are to look back at all the spiritual teachings we will find one common theme.

To much of ONE good thing is bad for you in the long run

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
NOTE: we aren't debating about the reality of hell here. I just to know what are your take if you're faced with such very tough choices to make!! Also keep in mind that even good, law-abiding people can go to hell too!!!!

Would you do it??

if i believed in hell (and by default heaven would also have to be real in this hypothetical situation) i would never do anything to negate it's ability to serve the purpose in which it was created. after all, if you destroy hell, would not heaven be destroyed also.

if one god destroys another gods creation (even if it is hell) that would encroach on free will and is a big no no from the rumors i hear. not to mention, if someone is damned for their own actions, who am i to negate that decision?

on a side note-some believe that a person who is in a coma chose that state of being. this is due to work that needs to be in the subtle planes to help others. those who allow this in their world view believe this to be one of the biggest forms of self sacrifice.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

[edit on 3-8-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
if you do not want your thread to turn into a debate about the validity of a idea as intangible as hell i understand.

that said, how can you then say "Also keep in mind that even good, law-abiding people can go to hell too?"

seems like a counterproductive and purposefully confusing contradiction.

i'm just sayin...........

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
YES and the lake of fire is the second death for the non followers not eternia. attempting to seal it befor the bottomless pitz are open would not be a smart idea for the beast and his kind must be casted in order for it to really be sealed.

[edit on 8/3/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A lot of hypotheticals here make it kind of a tough thing to respond to, but I am reminded of the movie "What Dreams May Come"! Watch it, it is a wondrous story and artistic piece!

If I could sacrifice my soul to ensure paradise for my kids, wife, parents, etc. I would do it without a second thought. The knowledge that they were spending eternity in paradise would shield me from any repercussions of my decision. I could endure hell with the knowledge of my loved ones in paradise!!

Now for all the confusing stuff:
1. What if this were a final test to get into heaven? Only the people that make the right decision get in!

2. How could you be certain it wasn't a trick to seal all of mankind into hell?

I read another story about a man that died with his dog. At the gates of heaven they would not allow the dog in. He said he did not want to go to any heaven that did not allow dogs. Him and the dog wandered the streets of purgatory for awhile until an angel invited him and the dog into an "alternate" heaven. It was everything he ever imagined. Had he selfishly accepted the first choice, he likely would have found himself in hell!! (Very condensed version, lol.)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Your soul isn't yours to sacrifice

can't give away what isn't yours

top topics

<<   2 >>

join