It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Plunges From The Sky In Turbulence Scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Jet Plunges From The Sky In Turbulence Scare

uk.news.yahoo.com

Terrified passengers were thrown around the cabin when the plane they were travelling in suddenly plummetted towards the ground.

Seven people suffered minor injuries when the plane struck "severe turbulence" while cruising over Malaysia in the dead of night.

The Qantas Airbus A330 had been en route from Hong Kong to Perth, western Australia and had 219 passengers and crew on board.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Another A330 falling rapidly - but this time , they recovered , after flying through `severe turbulence` - are the storms getting more violent? aircrew taking more risks? or the aircraft simply can`t cope?

quatas replaced the pitot probes (bf goodrich) after the last incident to the new thales type , the ones air france are swapping to.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit: spelling

[edit on 22/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Sounds like the crews are taking more risks. Maybe with the economy as bad as it is, they are being heavily pressured by the airlines to get from point a to point B no matter what. Or airlines simply are ignoring dangerous weather conditions and refusing to ground or delay flights.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
there are at least three other threads on this, and with each new thread it gets a little more sensationalist, "jet plunges from the sky"

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm about to post my thread: "Passengers bludgeoned as plane slams into UFO vortex turbulence"

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i couldn`t find any others in BAN and i looked on the first 2 pages back till the 20th.

but yes , it IS a rather sensationilist headline - but i didn`t write it!

join