It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what or earth did I see???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Way way back in 1966 I saw something in the sky that I have never forgotten. I can see the image in my minds eye as clearly today.

I was 14 years old and at school in Liverpool England, it was around 7 pm, and we where having night school classes for technical drawing. It was brake time and it was in the autumn which meant by that time it was dark but a fairly warm pleasant evening all the same.

I was smoking along with about twenty other boys, I was ideally looking up at a perfectly clear sky. There where no clouds and the stars looked wonderful as they always do on nights like that. Then I noticed something very strange which drew my complete attention. Two quite ordinary looking stars or at least that is how it appeared where moving in parallel too each other. Not fast just slowly creeping across the sky perfectly in parallel to one another.

They looked for all the world like two satellites just as I had seen Telstart all those years before but two of them in unison. Now that was a bit strange but not that unusual in 1966 I guess. There certainly where satellites back then but not so many two together. As you hold your hand at arms length they looked to be about the distance between your thumb and forefinger apart, about 4 or 5 inches against the night sky. There was no moon in the sky at that time.

Then came the reason I am telling you about this, the one to the approximate north stopped or certainly appeared as thought it did. The other to the south moved in a perfect arc around the one at the north. They then moved off again creeping across the sky about 30 degrees to there original motion.

So back in 1966 what did I see??

As I said they looked like stars or as I said satellites that I had seen before. So we are talking white light. Not big just like an average star.

So not stars you can’t see a star move.

Not satellites they do not turn and go almost back on themselves.

There was no noise so what ever it was it was silent to my ears, which means either no noise or very high.

Not an airplane as that would mean one wing tip stopping and they can’t do that, well not back then anyway.

I couldn’t see anything between the lights but that doesn’t for sure mean there was nothing. It just means I didn’t see anything.

So what or earth did I see???

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Interesting story, I can't think of anything that wouldn't lead me to believe you saw a UFO.

Did you manage to get any photographs?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I would say you saw UFOs - why the powers that be deny their existence I really don't know.

Unless the UFOs are here to help us, and the powers do not want them to?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Let's get this straight because some on here get enraged with word definitions. You saw a UFO (maybe two) - they/it was flying and unidentifiable.
You'll probably get abused for providing no photographs but because your account is well written and well described I don't think you deserve this so hopefully you'll be fine.
It sounds like a huge spaceship performing some sort of direction change!!! Although all those years back it's easy to warp our memories. I hope someone comes on here who has seen similar.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Dear and14263

Can I remember what I was doing at exactly this time last week NO??

There is no need to as nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Do remember this was back in 1966 and I don’t even think my family had a camera back then. Let alone me attending night school.

This area was only about 6 miles for the local international airport so I surmised that they just might have had something on Radar. So the next night I checked the local news paper for any reports. There where not.

Not only I saw what ever this was about 10 or 12 other boys saw the same thing after I had pointed it out.

It looked as high as the stars so if it was at satellite height it was massive. This is assuming the two light where on the same craft. If not they flew in perfect unison.

It was not the wing lights of an aircraft there where only white light.

At that size if it had been a helicopter for certain I would have heard it.

In terms of earthly certainty I can only say what I think it was not.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Dear spellbound

From spellbound

“I would say you saw UFOs - why the powers that be deny their existence I really don't know.

Unless the UFOs are here to help us, and the powers do not want them to?”

For sure it was an Unidentified Flying Object at least by me.

My worry is not that they are here to help us but they are not here to help all of us. See my other threads.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Dear Scooby Doo

From Scooby Doo

“Interesting story, I can't think of anything that wouldn't lead me to believe you saw a UFO.

Did you manage to get any photographs? “

Sorry no photo’s in the UK in 1966 I don’t think everyone had a camera and even if I had one at the time from a still photo all you would have seen where stars. So unless you where an astronomer you would have seen very little.

Video cameras didn’t exist and cinycamras where very few and far between.

For sure it was an Unidentified Flying Object at least by me

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Gosh.. what an interesting story, too bad there're no documentation about it. I do believe you.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ponyo

Dear Ponyo

Back in 1966 we had been exposed to Flash Gordon back in 1959 & Dr, Who in the very early 1960’s but that is about all I can remember.

Certainly we had not been exposed to the idea that there could be craft that where extremely large as indeed what I saw may have been.

Anyway thanks for at least believing my story, people who make up hoaxes really get up my nose. My guess is that they have seen nothing in the lives and have to try to boost there inferiority complex some how.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Awesome story!! I enjoyed reading that, It seems it has sparked an interest in the paranormal for you as well!!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

--GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Dear GeminiSky

Well like with your story, what else could it have possibly been??

So therefore you have to go on maybe we need to start a thread that just lists what individuals have seen personally, however the problem will be that a lot will just make up a story to get on there.

new topics

top topics

join