It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea threatens to harm US if attacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

hosted.ap.org

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- North Korea boasted of being a "proud nuclear power" and threatened Monday to harm the U.S. if attacked as tensions mounted over a possible crackdown on exports of suspected missile parts from the North.

President Barack Obama said the U.S. is ready to cope with "any contingencies" involving North Korea and vowed not to "reward belligerence and provocation."

South Korea's YTN news network reported Sunday that a U.S. Navy destroyer tailing a North Korean ship suspected of carrying missiles and related parts was headed toward Myanmar in what could be the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This just gets more and more ridiculous!

If N.Korea harms one American N.Korea will be toast.

Maybe that's what Kim Jong-Il wants. Some people do have a death wish don't they.

Anyway seems a stand-off in a port may be happening very soon. I did notice Obama's comments earlier, but didn't realise that he was actually responding to more rhetoric from N.Korea until now.

I have a bad feeling China will play a big part in this that won't go well with us, and possibly Russia taking sides with Iran.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Please, newsmedias, STOP REPORTING THE OBVIOUS.

Will they report that the sky is blue too? What the hell?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Please, newsmedias, STOP REPORTING THE OBVIOUS.

Will they report that the sky is blue too? What the hell?

I posted this news story as I felt the rhetoric has gone overboard now. I agree it was silly before but now it's just gone really crazy.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Well this will be the simplest post to reply to.... Then everything is good. Because the only one who has been threatening to ATTACK anybody lately over there is North Korea.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well this will be the simplest post to reply to.... Then everything is good. Because the only one who has been threatening to ATTACK anybody lately over there is North Korea.

What is N.Korea's definition of being attacked? Breathing near them!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This would be a great use of our spec ops units.

Get them all together. The Marine Recon, Green Berets, Rangers and seals. Every unit come together under one batallion. Send them to N Korea under the biggest black op mission ever planned and let them take out the whole government. A plan that would make the move on the Templars look like a boyscout scavenger hunt.

Once that is done unite North and South together and let the South Korean leader rule over all of Korea.

That would never happen though, just wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I agree that spec ops need to be used more in retaliation to threatening leaders rather than an all out war, but the problem is a large percentage of NK's population are quite fanatical about their leader.

I'm sure a combination of Delta, X-colour Berets and SAS (your US Generals seem to treasure our boys over in Afghanistan) could do the job, but then the bigger problem emerges.

Where some countries feared their leaders (such as much of Iraq, and as we see now a fair chunk of Iran too), the North Koreans don't seem to mind L'il Kim.

It is one thing to behead the government and install a puppet. It is another to convince the people it is a good thing.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Two words for North Korea.

BRING IT

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

They don't seem to mind him because they are afraid to voice their dislike. Kind of like Iraqi citizens were afraid to speak their minds about Saddam.

This is not to say they dislike him like the Iraqis disliked Saddam. The fact is that nobody really knows. North Korea has done a good job of keeping everyone in the dark.

Lets say they like him. What does that say about a people who support a person who hordes food while they starve? What does that say about a people who support a paranoid lunatic?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Two words for North Korea.
BRING IT

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db5ff0b5d72f.jpg[/atsimg]

You want some of me?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is where N.Korea finally decide if it's war they want, or if they don't have the guts to do more than name calling. I feel a standoff at a refueling port is their last chance for them to cooperate with the UN resolution.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

hahahahahahahahaha
That made me laugh, thanks for that brotha!

eDIT- oOH rAH!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Nothing bad will come of this, or any other Nork saber rattling.

They are prone to bombastic statememtns every time they feel they aren't getting enough attention in the world press.

Unfortunately they have cried wolf too many times since the 70s. Seems like these days another threat of utter planetary annihilation surfaces every week or so. Thsi is codespeak for begging the Int'l Red Cross to airdrop some more emergency rice or medical goods so the people can continue to work without starving and the presidential family can continue their debauched soirees in their 27 private mansions, palaces, and residences.

Business as usual, nothing to see here. The DPRK would be off their rocker to seriously fire any kind of nuclear or stongly conventional weapon; they would all be drifting cinders in five minutes. Everybody on all sides knows this but tough talk is the way of their propaganda shills because it keeps the already-terrified poppulation further cowed and seems to be effective in getting Red Cross handouts. IT'S also a way for the current president to appear tough to his dad's still-sitting, medal-encrusted elite geneals, most of whom must be well on their way to whaterver the North Korean eqyuvalent of happy-Fun Senility Acrews would be these days (probably a bullet behind the ear), given their ages. In their heyday they were hardcore. YOU try rebuilding a nation where 99% of urban infrastructure was destroyed. Mr. Pillsubury Dougboi in office now must seem a pale comparison to his "slaughter by the tens of thousands first, ask questions later) dad.

To be frank, I'm surprised the papers even bother printing anything they say but hey, its usually over-the-top dramatic and drama sells.

Silent "DPRK Chopra" Thunder

[edit on 6/22/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
We hear and sometimes see tapes from the villains in the sand. How come not one tape addressing "the enemy" from NK has surfaced since this rhetoric started?

Last time I checked the regime certainly had internet!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What happened to the America bashers? You know if the US stops that ship or boards it that America will be accused of starting something.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
you know what? F' em..... At first I was like awww N.Korea couldn't stand up to a fly. Then they started talking about how they would react if the U.S or anyone inspected one of their boats/ships. So seriously, turn that place to glass, the people are poor as dirt, kimmy doesn't care, so just do it already. You (U.S) are already the worlds bad guy, why not do something bad while you hve the title?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

hahaha, you know, normally I would be like "hey, thats not fair, we do our best"
but the way you said it made my day. . No matter what we do here in the U.S, its never good enough for anyone.

I remember what my dad used to always tell me...
"Dont talk S@@t unless you are ready to back it up"

I think N.K needs to hurry up and put up, or shut the hell up.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Im sick of this dwarfs threats.Maybe a couple of precision guided bombs thru his bathroom window during his morning dump would help.It put Ghadaffi in retirement.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
One of the weirdest things is when the people of North Korea finally connect with the people of the rest of the world. (Remember, internet connectivity there is almost nihil; the people have to go to these indocrtination readings of the Great Leader several times a week, where they learn the rest of the planet is in even more dire stratis. There media basically consists of transistr radios with one station ([i1984[ much).

When the inveitable opening comes and these poor sould are led blinking and squinting into the sunlighjt of relaity, its going to be like Paul's revalation on the Road to Tarsus when these folks finally realize that the standard of living in evne China is several dozen times as groovy as what they are used to, to say nothing of the developed world. If would be like as if the sky itself opened today and a voice said, "everything you know is wrong; please let us try to jel you," following which masses of aliens descended, some out to make a quick buck and some more concerned with actually helping us adjust.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join