It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS iphone app

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Since you are bumping perhaps we should mention the Agency thread that no longer exists (or any of its many derivatives) that was displayed on the prototype model.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a326b1c18e2e.jpg[/atsimg]

Just sayin': It's funny!

-m0r

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have been using the RSS feed but the blurbs link to the regular site in Safari and the pages have to be zoomed in a LOT to be readable; the regular site layout is unwieldy on the iPhone. The live.php page is a little better, but restoring the mobile site would be better for me, or even better, an iPhone app. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So is there anything still in the works for an IPOD app? It would be nice when traveling to use the app to communicate and keep up to date with everything on ATS. I would gladly pay up to $5.00 for such an app. You guys would make money to support the site if you had one.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The "APP" (this doesn't just mean iPhone-compatible for the computer-illiterate) will be tough to create. Here are few reasons why.

Java is constantly being refuted by Apple because Steve Jobs thinks it's obsolete.
Flash is constantly being hammered by Apple because Steve Jobs thinks HTML5 is better (no plug-in).

The Applet would have to be designed via a Web-Browser, and probably run off of HTML5 since that's what's so "iPopular!" and "Androidelcious"

The Newest Android phones can run limited Java-Script (NOT THE SAME AS JAVA), although there was supposed to be an implementation of a JAVA ME SDK plug-in working for it.

That being said, HTML5 is the path, and it will most likely have to be web-browser based.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

I have no idea what all that means lol I don't speak computer
but I will say I view the full ATS via my droid that I have with verizion. I can even get into chat although right now it's having flash issues. I used the mobile version on my iPhone but I didn't like the options of only viewing the recent posts or home page, you also can't view your profile or messages or anything like that. I view ATS daily on my Droid and it works great.

I do know there are apps for the iPhone and iPad I believe but I don't know exactly what they are for. I believe one is the comics and I think the other is ATS radio.

An app would be cool though and I would definitely download it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Aye my friend, I too use my HTC EVO 4G every day to browse ATS. My droid OS shows everything on the site as well, including some of the flash ads, all in great clarity, but my screen is alot bigger than most phones so some people might not share the same glory.

I check my messages, my profile, my recent posts, even the ribbon at the bottom of the site shows on my droid. I simply wish there was a more mobile version that looked more graphically friendly, but I'm sure the top dogs are workin' on somethin like that.

If I new the way of the code, I'd be begging to help them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join