It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS iphone app

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Agreed! I would love an ATS app! If I knew how to make an app I would make it for ATS but I can barely clean my hard drive out

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Apparently, a mobile app is on its way. This little *hint was just given by SkepticOverlord:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It was correctly redirected to the main ATS Issues thread. However, a "Editor's Choice" type forum is part of some new concepts being considered, so your core idea is one we've often discussed internally. Very-high flagged, or opening posts that are clearly the result of a significant effort would all be candidates for such a forum, which would likely be the primary feed for our up-and-coming mobile app.

It can be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is at least good to know.

--airspoon

[edit on 9-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I have no idea where to put this so move it if needed. I was looking through the apps and didnt see one. I see there is ATS mobile but it wont come up for some reason. I think a great idea would be an ATS app on the iPhone! WOW that would be great! Anyone else???

Flagged.
I'd star it but for some reason I can't ???????? More problems in ATS LAND?

In any case, I'd love to see an iphone/ipad app !!! I'd pay $.99 for it too !

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Just use our mobile site optimized for wireless devices:

m.abovetopsecret.com

It makes little sense to spend money developing an app for one device in order to browse a freely accessible website with a mobile version.

mobil version doesn't work worth crap for the iphone and ipad at least.

It may make sense to develop for a few devices such as iphone and android phones. It could increase the numbers to your website and increase the length of the average surfacing session which would increase viewing of ads which would result in pontentially higher profits not to mention the cost to download the app.

I think you're underestimating what a few apps could do for your bottom line.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
An ATS iPhone APP sounds amazing! I think this should happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We do have a person now on-board who is splitting his duties between video production and mobile app development. We're looking at several options, and will most-likely be deploying apps for the iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry devices.

If you have the iPad, I strongly recommend installing Flipboard (free) and subscribing to our Twitter feed. It's nearly as good as having an ATS app... for now at least.

Also, one page looks and works great on both the iPhone and iPad... the new ATS Live page (part of 2010): Real Time ATS. Bookmark it in your mobile Safari, it's like have a mobile content widget (some menu links might still be funky).

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

We do have a person now on-board who is splitting his duties between video production and mobile app development. We're looking at several options, and will most-likely be deploying apps for the iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry devices.

If you have the iPad, I strongly recommend installing Flipboard (free) and subscribing to our Twitter feed. It's nearly as good as having an ATS app... for now at least.

Also, one page looks and works great on both the iPhone and iPad... the new ATS Live page (part of 2010): Real Time ATS. Bookmark it in your mobile Safari, it's like have a mobile content widget (some menu links might still be funky).

Great News !!!!
This is GREATLY appreciated !!!!
I'll check out the ipad "flipboard...thanks for the heads up !
I have both an iphone and Ipad and can't wait for these apps !!!
Very excited !!!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This was a reply to Steve from another thread but it got closed before I got to the submit button:

reply to post by SteveZ

Hey there Steve,

I have noticed a huge amount of traffic coming from iPhones around the net and do think they are a worthwhile thing to account for.

However I hear a lot of people talking about 'Apps' and I just don't know where to begin with thinking of one for a website.

There is a mobile form of ATS which works a treat with the iPhone. Allowing members to view topics and reply to them without all the extra clutter that a desktop or laptop has due to screen real estate.

There are also various RSS feeds which can get fed into any number of existing 'Apps' for the iPhone which can keep members up to date with topics of interest.

So as for viewing the 'user generated content' ATS has it covered.

So I suppose my question to you would be what possibly could this 'App' do that would make it worthwhile for others to download and use and furthermore should ATS or its members dedicate time to a closed wall marketplace in light of the fact that ignorance is to be denied and not embraced? Why not an Android 'App'? or should we cater to both because Nokia Linux users will probably feel left out if we do and so that's at least 3 popular platforms to develop for with no idea of what to put in other than the already available data on the site which conforms to W3C protocols (as do tons of 'Apps').

I mean I am all for expanding the membership, getting fresh blood and ideas into the mix and making the place fun, and educational, for all - but what is the actual idea being the 'App'? All over the web I keep reading about people asking sites to make an 'App', an 'App' for what exactly?

Hopefully the Facebook thing will bring more people in (Of course I'll be staying well away from it of course) and perhaps through future avenues other ways of connecting us to the larger groups out there that don't know about us will become apparent.

It's just this 'App' thing that gets me.

To repeat myself;

An 'App' for what exactly?

-m0r

Seems like you guys got most of my thoughts covered by yourselves!

I still don't know what this 'App' can do though other than waste development time though - not to say you won't come up with something hugely original, intuitive and worthwhile - I just think that for reading a website there are already many 'Apps' out there.

Best of luck now that I know you are up to something and hope to see the finished product when it's ready!

-m0r

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchdog-Finland

Exactly. I don't have an I-Phone and don't want one. Just make a universal thing, whether it be just a mobile site that works or an app (or apps) that work on all major phones (Java, Symbian, Android...)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

There is a mobile version and it works fine, you are just limited to what you can read. You can't access certain threads or boards. You can view recent posts and then the top threads on the mobile version. I use it on my phone and it works fine, it use to have problems with the log in but it's fine now.

m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yay! Now I will never get any work done

I don't mind the mobile version, I use it weekly to read threads...

I look forward to seeing the app...I will sign up as soon as it's ready.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Excellent!! They have blocked ATS at work so I never get to spend much time here anymore
This will show em!! I miss you crazy people everyday

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I brought this up over a year ago and was told about the m.abovetopsecret.com site

I still think ATS should make an iPod app .

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm been mulling over this idea for quite awhile now, even though I have no programming knowledge when it comes to the Iphone/Ipod. I was thinking it would be nice to have an application that packed some of the MOST USED features of the ATS website into a form that's better formatted for mobile hardware. Trust me, when I'm browsing ATS on my Ipod Touch it's incredibly annoying having to zoom in super-far and it's VERY TOUCHY, often landing me on the wrong pages from accidentally hitting links.

I was thinking we could all perhaps throw together some ideas of what they'd like to see in a ATS Mobile app. I'd definitely like to push notifications perhaps even for "specific" forums. That way...say you're a big time fan/reader of the 9/11 Forum you can get a push notification with the Thread Title and a link to "view" the forum, any time a new one goes up.

My main concern though is formatting ATS' content in a way that is better usable on the IPhone/ Ipod Touch as it's definitely hard to navigate with Safari.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Not just an iPhone app, but also Android!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakeNBake
reply to post by Max_TO

Not just an iPhone app, but also Android!!

Yes that would likely be the counterpart to the Iphone app. From what I understand most developers put their apps on the Iphone first, then quickly port it over to Android. Would be nice to have an ATS 2010 Mobile though.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

We are working on one. Hopefully we'll have something available in the next couple months.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
First look here. Waiting on some credentials to clear in the app store. In the meantime it will give everybody time to polish off the droid app.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a326b1c18e2e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Sold all my Apple stock today. I think the IPhone is facing way too much competition to keep seeing growth. If i was going to create an app I would create one for the Google Android instead.

I bet you feel stupid now

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

bump

Maybe tittle should be changed to iphone and android app.
edit on 3-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join