It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS iphone app

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Just use our mobile site optimized for wireless devices:

m.abovetopsecret.com

It makes little sense to spend money developing an app for one device in order to browse a freely accessible website with a mobile version.

Agreed. I know ATS is popular, but I doubt more than a few hundred people would actually buy an app. when they can simply just surf here anyways.

Sold all my Apple stock today. I think the IPhone is facing way too much competition to keep seeing growth. If i was going to create an app I would create one for the Google Android instead.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I would pay the dollar for an ATS iPod app in a heartbeat.

I have an iPod touch at home and I had a Blackberry for work until recently - I hate browsing anything on the Blackberry. If you have only used a Blackberry, it's hard to describe how much better it is to use an app on the iPod. What the good apps do (like Facebook) is to simplify the clutter and make the navigation MUCH easier and faster loading for a tiny hand-held device.

That said, thanks ever so much for the mobile address!! I've been suffering along with a bookmarked RSS feed and while it simplified reviewing brief summaries, if I wanted to read more details it would take me all the way to the web site.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Jobs could poop in a nice box, slap an "iOops" sticker on it and sell a million in one day.

There is no competition for the iPhone / iPod other than the iPhone / iPod.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I recently got an iPhone, and I was shocked that there's no ATS app.; Coast 2 Coast even has one!

Safari doesn't load up this site too well, and the mobile site is extremely spare.

I'd plop down my .99 in a Motown Minute. Whomever suggested only a hundred or so would download an ATS app has little sense of the widespread phenomena that are, respectively, ATS and Apple.

BRING US THE ATS APP!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i dont' own an i-phone...i can't bring myself to switch to AT&T...but i do have a blackberry storm and it works perfectly on it.

If you're having trouble with your iphone...perhaps that says something about the iphone

An ATS application for iphone seems a little silly - what would it do? Allow you to take pictures and put spooky ghosts in them?

That was said with a grin, but my point is still there. There's nothing you can't already do on a standard phone with mobile web, creating an iphone app is just engineering bells and whistles.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
FIRST thing I used the search function for.

Damn, thought for SURe this would be a done deal. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Did you know that your iphone takes random screen shots and stores them for a few seconds on your iphones cache once you hit the home button.

Do you know it only takes 1.0 seconds +- to transfer that screen shot to your provider if it is requested ?

Was this mentioned to you when you purchased your iphone ?

Do you know you can access that screen shot even though its said to be erased without your knowledge or any physical evidence that your iphone is being accessed. ?

Interesting to note, the intense marketing and highly successful campaign to convert cell users to a specific model and in order to keep them from switching devices the invention of the iphone shop which tens of millions willingly download apps and install that serve no other purpose other than to entertain you for several days, or does it. ?

Then again people are so misguided that they are paranoid in downloading anything on their own computers. What many of you in here fail to understand that entering a private computer is not much use as entering and keeping surveillance on ones cell phone. Remember, with the appropriate knowledge it can be turned into an eye and ear with a simple download.

Why do you think that cell battery's are removed when high level talks are in progress ?

Are we paranoid ?

I think not ..!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I was always suspicious of this damn NON-removable battery. Grrrrrr

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
*bump*

Any chance at least new media will ever be made available?

(I guess there's PodCasts - just really interested in push notifications from ATS!)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
i dont' own an i-phone...i can't bring myself to switch to AT&T...but i do have a blackberry storm and it works perfectly on it.

If you're having trouble with your iphone...perhaps that says something about the iphone

An ATS application for iphone seems a little silly - what would it do? Allow you to take pictures and put spooky ghosts in them?

That was said with a grin, but my point is still there. There's nothing you can't already do on a standard phone with mobile web, creating an iphone app is just engineering bells and whistles.

Wow this is coming from someone who obviously doesnt have an iphone or has iphone envy. There is A LOT you can do with the apps the iPhone has. The mobile version is limited and when viewing from safari it can be a little annoying since it is a huge site it tends to load a little slow.

I have had a few friends of mine switch to the iphone after seeing mine and what it does. Sorry but it just sounds like you have iphone envy
also if you know the right things to do you can use the iphone on basically any network with a sim card.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I want one just for the beer drinking app!

Which is silly because I drink beer already...

But I want Iphone beer dammit!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
An iphone app would be awesome. For those who don't know, iphones are like alien technology! There are apps for anything you could think of pretty much. I was going to start a thread on this very issue, did a search and found this. For those who don't know, you can do whats called a jailbreak on the iphone in about 15 minutes and it will allow you to chose any carrier you'd like. Mine is currently PRE-PAID and with T-mobile. These phones are not like, they ARE computers! For $90 dollars a month I get full features and even tether it to my computer for use as a decent modem ofF my 3g connection. I havn't had an internet bill since. Please launch an ATS app, safari is cumbersome. If needed I could talk to a friend who might even design the app for this site pro-bono. Let me know!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just make a JAVA app, most phones can handle java, have the program link up with ATS and you can view just ats thru a app with ease.

But you can subscribe to a RSS of ATS im pretty sure, that updates, if not another idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by tristar

I was always suspicious of this damn NON-removable battery. Grrrrrr

You obviously have heard of the new trojan slamming Iphones legit syst and non legit syst. This is only the beginning, think of all those poor innocent users who have their whole life stored on a single pda/iphone.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I love my iphone. So much so that I rarely use the home PC anymore. Thus I rarely post on ATS anymore. I think they are really missing the boat on the iphone app. The app can be designed to work on anything, Blackberry, Iphone or any media device phone. Iphone tends to be the easiest because they provide you with the source code to build the app and a store to offer it for free or $$$.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Although old but current code is far more brutal and this code is still being widely used over hundred of thousands of sites, just make sure when viewing any site that has iphone enabled that such code is not present. This is just a fraction of what SHOULD NOT be present.

addr = 0x02020202;

Moderators please feel free to do what ever must be done to this post in accordance to T&C.

Thank You in Advance

tristar

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well I don't know if this will help you guys come along... But I say Aye!

DO IT! PLEASE...

Iphone applications make companies money... You can advertise on them or you can charge a nominal fee like a dollar (just think of how many members have the iphone), but once you create the app it can easilly be adapted for all other phone technologies!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ive already said id pay but i would pay up too £10 for a ats app for my iphone.iphones are amazing and once youve jail broken them they are out of this world

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I too think ATS should make an app. Think of the great advertising potential of just having an app in the app store. People would discover ATS by simply exploring the app store and downloading a free app.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It think it would be a worth while idea.

IMO it also would not be that costly to create an app for the Iphone & other devices such as RIM or Android.

I just think there is a HUGE market for that sort of thing as there are millions of Smarthphone users.

Even though I know ATS would not charge for it, I would pay the 0.99 cents for an ATS app anyday.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join