It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS iphone app

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just use our mobile site optimized for wireless devices:

m.abovetopsecret.com

It makes little sense to spend money developing an app for one device in order to browse a freely accessible website with a mobile version.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Especially...

When viewing and replying with an iPhone is easy enough... No Safari required...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think you may need to do a survey to find out how many people on ats use an iphone first.....

Mirthful me - what do you mean by no safari required.....thats the only way to get to ats via iphone isnt it....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

hey thanx for that link ....my man i owe u big time .....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by Mirthful Me

I guess that is...

Inaccurate... What I mean is that in the mobile configuration you aren't limited by Safari's shortcomings in it's iPhone version. The new 3.0 OS has done nothing to improve the browser's functionality (don't even get me started on the Fash issue).

ATS works just fine on the iPhone, even with my fat poo encrusted fingers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Found an interesting article on flash/apple..

www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Um IDK how you get on there with the iPhone but you have to open safari to go to the mobile site. I just did it. It's ok but a little cluttered. I will bookmark the mobile site though.

oops I read your other response...ignore me

[edit on 6/22/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I thought the new OS was supposed to support flash?
Darn! I am ordering my 3g S next week! I have a 2g and my internet connection works great. It is pretty quick and I never have problems with it really.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks! I did a search on here and found a thread on the mobile site but it had a different address that didnt work. I just tried this one and it works fine. It looks a little cluttered but it will work! Thanks....although the app would be great
but I will use the mobile version for now

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think its more of a matter of WHEN, not IF ATS develops an app of some sort. I actually see the future of computing to be more of an app style, instead of physically typing in web addresses to access websites. Granted, it may be a few years, but its proving to be a huge revenue stream for Apple, and the majority of companies that have one.

I know the folks here are getting tired of me pimping for one, but the mobile ATS doesn't come close to what an app can do. I don't even browse the site on my Ipod because it's so clunky. . but I DO understand there are initial investments involved in the app industry. . I mean why would you create an app when you have a mobile version of the website for free? The answer is simple. . it's the way technology is heading. You can't ignore one billion app downloads, I'm sorry. I would even think you could develop the app for apple, and make it compatible for all other brands of phones down the line.

All I know is I can't count how many times I've just BROWSED the app store for something that LOOKED interesting. . and either purchased it, or downloaded it for free and became hooked. Yes, I'd pay for an ATS app in the app store, and I don't think I'd be the only member on this site to do so. I can't help but think of the new, unknowing audience ATS would open up to, simply by stumbling upon. Not to mention, how many people in the US have either an Ipod AND/or and Iphone.

Amigos. . I am done with my efforts trying to get you to see the light. . lol. I do thank Springer for tolerating my needling, sorry my man!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
but the mobile ATS doesn't come close to what an app can do. I don't even browse the site on my Ipod because it's so clunky. .

I find the mobile version to be exceptionally easy and functional on my BlackBerry Storm... what is it that you're looking for it to do other than efficiently deliver threads?

At this point, I simply can't see the value in developing a application exclusive to one device... especially since we'd never charge for it... an ATS app would be a free download.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

but the mobile ATS doesn't come close to what an app can do. I don't even browse the site on my Ipod because it's so clunky. .

I find the mobile version to be exceptionally easy and functional on my BlackBerry Storm... what is it that you're looking for it to do other than efficiently deliver threads?

At this point, I simply can't see the value in developing a application exclusive to one device... especially since we'd never charge for it... an ATS app would be a free download.

have a look at the facebook app, its really handy and easy use. You have the main features such as updating your status, uploading pictures, videos straight from the phone. An ATS app which allows you to login, flag & star threads, upload pics/videos straight from mobile. Just think if somethings going on and people are capturing straight from mobile in almost realtime and uploading directly to the site.....often you get threads with people saying, have you seen this, Im looking in this direction and desribing it but dont get the chance to upload pics for a few days.....ats app will sort this out....pics/vid up instantly and feedback instant....and with the new iphone or 3rd party compass apps you have coordinates etc....

I definately think its worth thinking about and seeing if any ats'ers are capable of developing a beta app.....give them a gajillion points if its successful...just a thought....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Just use our mobile site optimized for wireless devices:

m.abovetopsecret.com

It makes little sense to spend money developing an app for one device in order to browse a freely accessible website with a mobile version.

Hey Bill - good point.

However it is really difficult to browse ATS on the phone itself or any phone in fact.

An ATS App would be great.

So it gets my vote if you have any spare cash......

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I would pay a £1 if it helps

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ATS and an Iphone app would go together like meat and potatoes

I want it bad

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
it be such a good thing to have a iphone app.as one person said you could down load pics/videos in real time.i'd pay for it no probs, it be an amazing app

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
and remember that iPhone apps work on the Ipod touches as well, so the same scenario for the m.abovetopsecret.com would go for all us iPod Touch users as well.. (I can't imagine a day without taking mine along)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Safari works just fine on ATS. I was able to waste a good hour today posting via iPhone.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I agree for posting and reading posts Safari works great. The only benefit would be to enable ATS media - flash does not work on the iPhone outside of being contained within dedicated applications, on Safari / iPhone you cannot view the videos posted on threads without exiting and using a dedicated youtube viewer and if the video is hosted on ATS - no chance. Same with the podcasts.

I'd be willing to develop an ATS dedicated browser and work out something on advertising rev as I'm sure any number of developers would, ATS could get the app and added revenue form it without investing a dime. (Just to present the opposing view). I'd like to see the ATS media / podcasts added to iTunes at a minimum which last I checked is free to do. That would enable them to work on the apple devices. (Though still not on Safari, I really wish they would enable flash and just get it over with).

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
flash is comming out for the iphone flash 10.1
think its out in 2010.i have an iphone 3gs and they are very good phones.
ats app would be amazing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join