It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new conspiracy?: 2010 census are from ACORN and will be able to sell our info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hi, everyone,

I was driving home tonight, listening to a talk radio show, and they were talking about the big problems that some people are having with the 2010 census.

One caller called in and said that this year, ACORN, will be doing the census, because they approached the White House and said "Hey, let us do this, because we can do it cheaper than you can." And the White House (which is now overseeing the census) said ok.

Well, I have a problem with that, seeing as how ACORN has been accused of many wrong-doings during voter registration. But that isn't the worst part....

The worst part is this: She said that although it is illegal for the government to sell census information to marketers, it isn't illegal for a third party (like ACORN) to turn around and sell our information to marketing companies.

Well, this is the first I've heard about ACORN doing the 2010 census. My question to all of you is this: Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? Can it be verified? Has ACORN been awarded a government contract to do the 2010 census?

If so, is it legal for them to turn around and sell this information to marketers? If so, I'm not answering the census this year!!

[edit on 21-6-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You might not have heard this but Rep Michele Backmann is going to refuse to fill out the census and is calling others to follow in her footsteps

washingtontimes.com...

EXCLUSIVE: Minn. lawmaker vows not to complete Census
Outspoken Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann says she's so worried that information from next year's national census will be abused that she will refuse to fill out anything more than the number of people in her household.

In an interview Wednesday morning with The Washington Times "America's Morning News," Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, said the questions have become "very intricate, very personal" and she also fears ACORN, the community organizing group that came under fire for its voter registration efforts last year, will be part of the Census Bureau's door-to-door information collection efforts.

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," she said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

Mrs. Bachmann said she's worried about the involvement of ACORN, the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now, in next year's census.

They will be in charge of going door to door and collecting data from the American public," she said. "This is very concerning."

[edit on 6/21/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks. Actually, I did hear that she was upset and refusing to fill it out, but I heard that it was because she said the information was too personal...not because of ACORN! The next channel said nothing about her being upset about ACORN.

(Boy, it's getting easier and easier to spot political bias in the press/media these days, isn't it?)

But this makes sense, now. Someone was trying to paint her as a paranoid type, when, in reality, she has absolutely every reason to be concerned.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
Hi, everyone,

I was driving home tonight, listening to a talk radio show, and they were talking about the big problems that some people are having with the 2010 census.

One caller called in and said that this year, ACORN, will be doing the census, because they approached the White House and said "Hey, let us do this, because we can do it cheaper than you can." And the White House (which is now overseeing the census) said ok.

Well, I have a problem with that, seeing as how ACORN has been accused of many wrong-doings during voter registration. But that isn't the worst part....

The worst part is this: She said that although it is illegal for the government to sell census information to marketers, it isn't illegal for a third party to do that (like Acorn.)

Well, this is the first I've heard about ACORN doing the 2010 census. My question to all of you is this: is it true? Has ACORN been awarded a government contract to do the 2010 census?

If so, is it legal for them to turn around and sell this information to marketers? If so, I'm not answering the census this year.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by nikiano]

Actually this is partly tied together with the GPS points that they have outside every1s house, i know many people dislike him as a person so i will not mention his name but a blond Passionate(by which i mean loud) gentleman on fox who has a show and on that show this topic was brought up i can not remember which episode, but he said how acorn and census were working together already and that those people were acorn people where conducted this survey, and he goes on to say how this all was not suppose to be done till 2010 but it already happened/happening at the time... just some more info..

(EDIT) Sorry i have no evidence, and i am not going t provide any because i know what i say/heard so i do not need to prove it to myself not trying to be an asshole just being honest... but i am sure some1 could find it. somewhere youtube perhaps...?

Peace Love&Light

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I applied to work as a census taker this year before i heard about the gps nonsense ...anyway I filled out the application and was about to sign and noticed that one of the remaining questions was unacceptable : "Do you have any tax debt, if so state how much" etc...that is paraphrased btw, so I got up and told the nice lady handing out the form I had a problem with it and said g'bye. then got wind of the location zapper thing ...wow, who needs that when you have google earth? creepy, I don't even want to answer the thing...

next they''ll want an anal probe I suppose.

Anyway, ACORN was not in any way affiliated with this, we were at the state employment office and the lady was a local. Probably a conservative republican, that is the majority by a wide margin around here. Not that it matters, just saying...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Pilot]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thanks, everyone for replying.

Yes, I heard something for a few seconds about a GPS locator, but I came in on the coversation late, and so I didn't catch that.

Can you guys tell me more about this GPS locator? Are they putting one outside each person's house?? Is that legal? Is it something we can see and remove? Is the GPS point affiliated with our name, or with or address?

I'm not sure exactly what's happening there with the GPS locators....I'd love it if someone could explain it more throughly.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
A census worker came to my house, parked at the end of the driveway, used her GPS gadget and then drove on to the next house. She didn't put anything on my property. She never even got out of her car.

top topics

join