It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Twitter users - Here Is How You Can Help the Brave Iranian Protestors!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
please go into your settings on your profile and change your location to GMT +3:30 Tehran time ....

This will flood the Iranian secret police with millions and millions of profiles to have to search through and it will cause a log jam in their efforts to track and punish the ones who are sending out news and video footage.

if they are using the time stamp on your twitter account to track you down, which i seriously doubt, then wouldn't it make more sense for iranians to switch their account time to GMT?

if the agencies in iran are that easy to confuse what the hell are we all so worried about them getting nukes for? all we need to do is manufacture weapons systems for them and put a "do not push" sticker over the trigger.

man, this is the silliest idea i've ever heard pushed on ATS. is this a monty python sketch?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

So "they" made their bed by being confined under harsh dictatorial military rule? You are blaming the people for the sins of the government, the same way many speak hate against Americans and citizens of the UK for being responsible for the acts of their out of control governments.

Yes, I am. I think the citizens of America and the UK are also to blame for their out of control governments. All societies have the power to create and control their own governments, it's just a matter of their will to do so. When they become reactionary and complacent, vs proactive and willful, this is what they get.

Every day that I sit in my house and do not speak out or try to enact change, I am responsible for the actions of my government. The same goes for every other capable adult human on the planet.

The very idea that you can blame the people for the fools who rule over them is sheer idiocy. It would be like blaming the people of North Korea for living under Kim Jong. Do you realize the difficulty of life under such circumstances?

Yes, I do blame the people of North Korea for the state of their country. They could change things if they wanted to, but they don't even want to. How is that sheer idiocy? I think the founding of the United States of America, the French revolution, etc kind of prove you wrong.

These people in Iran can be taken away or killed at the drop of a hat just for speaking out. Do you know what it is like to live under such conditions? Perhaps Iran is W- retched as you claim....but is it because the people deserve to live in such anguish?

I don't think the youth of Iran deserve it one bit, but the people responsible for the current government do not get my sympathy at all. The US constitution and bill of rights exist because people were willing to die for freedom and human rights. Iran had plenty of examples, good and bad, to use as foundations for their political and justice systems. They chose the path of oppression and fear.
www.mideastweb.org... - here is a brief history of their brand of filth.

Those Iranian people are fighting for their right to exist, they are fighting for basic human rights to speech and thought and expression. To condemn an entire people for the acts of a few fundamentalist zealots and rogue politicians would make no sense. It would be like damning all Americans to die because of the actions of the KKK and George W. Bush.

Too little, too late, but respectable for what it is. Where were these rioting masses when innocent women and children were being hung in the streets? These riots look more like selfish tantrums than a true fight for the common good.

From what I see it appears that the Iranian people have finally had enough and they are taking measures to show the administration just how harshly they disagree with their lies and their brutality. It looks to me like the fundamentalist bullies pushed and now the people are pushing back harder.

Finally had enough? Again, too little, too late. They should have had enough decades ago. I feel the same way about previous generations of Americans, Brits, Mexicans, etc.

For all of you who damn Iranian people and constantly complain about it being such a backward, disfunctional dictatorship, shouldnt you be happy to see the people of Iran stepping up to the plate and trying to make a change? Should they not be commended for risking their lives and trying to change the way they have to live?

I am glad that they have finally pushed back, about as glad as I would be to see a woman who allowed both her arms and legs to be cut off, trying to bite the person who did it.

Or would that make it difficult for you to keep on portraying them all as evil, backward Muslims?

I don't think they are evil, backward, and I don't necessarily believe it can be blamed on their religion. Complacency, fear, and conformity are my issues, not ancient religious texts. They can only be used as a tool against the willing.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Blackops: I disagree with the riots on philosophical levels. Unlike others though.. I dont agree with the let them die mentality. I just don't think this 'revolution' is a revolution so much as expedient for certain parties. If you want to help you can:

Setup a shadowweb with mirroring to the sites. There are methods to tunnel but the problem is it I do not think it is legal to do TO Iran due to encryption laws. If you are in the U.S..

Write some perl scripts and get to them to grab information and shotgun it instead of live updates. This way more content moves without a steady flow to identify. If there is a burst transmission of plain text, if is entirely possible the content will make it through before cut off. If the connection is dhcp, could help greatly, depending on encryption (see above) as they could have text filters or other ACL's in place. Specially with newer cisco router configurations.

Just a couple off the top. I am sure by now anonymous or other groups (cult of the dead cow used to do things like this-or claim to. I am sure there are others). are involved with much greater skills than I.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join