It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea accuses Obama of nuclear war plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

N.Korea accuses Obama of nuclear war plot

www.breitbart.com

North Korea has accused US President Barack Obama of plotting a nuclear war on the communist nation by reaffirming a US assurance of security for South Korea, the North's state media said.

In a first official response to last week's US-South Korean summit, the state-run weekly Tongil Sinbo said in its Saturday edition Obama and South Korean President Lee Myung-Bak "are trying to ignite a nuclear war".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i cant help but wonder if this will be north Korea's excuse for using a nuke, saying they thought they were going to be bombed first, and did it preemptively, haha wouldn't that be a twist.

i personally hope that this is just more attention grabbing from N.Korea, and that nothing eventful comes of it, the less exciting the international stage is, the better.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Kim Jon needs to shut the (Snip) up.

Anyway, I'm not worried, their weapons are so primitive (if you can call nukes "primitive"). at least not about america, i'm very worried about Asia.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I say we should nuke North Korea preemptively because they threatened us first. No sense in procrastinating. Lets just be proactive and test out some of our nukes on their land.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Whatever N.Korea has, we dont have much to worry about, if they do shoot a nuke, it wont cause as much damange as the kinds we have. It was said their nukes were half that of Hiroshima(SP?). Yea it would mess things up, but a lot worse could happen. AS for Kim, well he's just one of those small kids with a big bark. If he wants to start somthing the most his army could do was take over the south, I mean within two days of that happening America would be all over his $hit, he wouldnt know what to do. Like I said I wouldnt worry about it too mucjh, just seems like all talk to me. And as we all know, talk is cheap, unless you can pay.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
I say we should nuke North Korea preemptively because they threatened us first. No sense in procrastinating. Lets just be proactive and test out some of our nukes on their land.

What, and kill all the people there who have no say? That makes us as bad as Kim Jon himself.

They aren't a threat to us.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
within 24 hours of america jumping up and down about n koreas test launches, south korea stood up and said that n.korea had given advance notice to america (the uk, europe) that they would be test firing. then america decided to pretend that they never got that information and that the test firing was an act of open aggression and hositility.

this is because it suits americas interests to do so. the us wants the war. it is behind the uprising in iran, the hostility with n. korea and the massacres in iraq and afghanistan.

to answer the question behind why the US is determined to wage wars against all who stand against them ... well all depressions are followed by wars. this is a platform to go into war. america doesnt like countries that dont respect their authority and do everything to undermine them. and then destroy them. what other country in the world thinks it has the right to crush any and all opposition? and call it a war against terror and a war for democracy? democracy is crushing the opposition? killing men, women and children who just want to live peaceful and happy lives?

america is allowing its goverment to commit mass murder and genocide across the globe ... worse than any holocaust of WW2. they are provoking it and pursuing it.

nobody deserves to die because they live in a country that america has decided to call "the enemy".

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by susan 1963
within 24 hours of america jumping up and down about n koreas test launches, south korea stood up and said that n.korea had given advance notice to america (the uk, europe) that they would be test firing. then america decided to pretend that they never got that information and that the test firing was an act of open aggression and hositility.

this is because it suits americas interests to do so. the us wants the war. it is behind the uprising in iran, the hostility with n. korea and the massacres in iraq and afghanistan.

to answer the question behind why the US is determined to wage wars against all who stand against them ... well all depressions are followed by wars. this is a platform to go into war. america doesnt like countries that dont respect their authority and do everything to undermine them. and then destroy them. what other country in the world thinks it has the right to crush any and all opposition? and call it a war against terror and a war for democracy? democracy is crushing the opposition? killing men, women and children who just want to live peaceful and happy lives?

america is allowing its goverment to commit mass murder and genocide across the globe ... worse than any holocaust of WW2. they are provoking it and pursuing it.

nobody deserves to die because they live in a country that america has decided to call "the enemy".

i can't agree more.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is what I don't get. NK is talking all of this s**t; recklessly sending missles out; just asking for trouble. Now, this is what I think of:

2 dudes are about to fight. One is this big, huge guy. The other is a little skinny wimp who can't fight (US, and NK - respectively)...

If the little man is trying to start a fight with the big man, he'd better bring a gun to this fist fight.

If you can understand my analogy, then good - because that's what this is looking like...

NK is ASKING for a war, basically. And surprisingly enough (VERY suprisingly), the US seems to be pretty lax about it all. Anyway, it's pretty apparent that NK is just trying to push our buttons. For what reason, I have no idea.
But if we respond and strike, I just have a feeling that NK is going to be more than expecting this. What would/could follow doesn't sound too good... NK is either extremely smart, or extremely stupid.
Once again, refer to my analogy. It seems (to me) that NK has something up their sleeve.
What I am saying is not intentional fear-mongering. It's a very logical scenario that seems to be unfolding right as we speak...
I just don't understand the madness...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
If the little man is trying to start a fight with the big man, he'd better bring a gun to this fist fight.

He doesn't need a gun... he has a big brother (China) that's waiting in the shadow. Oh, and China brought his other friends (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, etc)

you get my drift.

Both China and Russia have been warning the US, Japan, and SK to stay away. They have a right to run their country how they please. Kim isn't stupid... he has a plan.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Launch a nuke on pyongyang...get lil' Kimmy. If they don't like it, hit their million man army on the DMZ with nuclear artillery rounds, that will shut 'em up...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
how do we know for sure

nobody's instigating them????

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I thought it was North Korea that was plotting to nuke everyone else

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by susan 1963

nobody deserves to die because they live in a country that America has decided to call "the enemy".

Finally voice of reason!
Brava on your post!
It's a ten star for sure.
Agree with you 100%, couldn't of said it better and a Salute to you.

peace

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Kim is such a whiner, now he is afraid of what might happen if the US decide to take an active part and actually do something about these threats from North Korea. He is a delusional barking inflated chihuahua that has swallowed too much air, the result will be a huge fart.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

nobody deserves to die because they live in a country that America has decided to call "the enemy".

Finally voice of reason!
Brava on your post!
It's a ten star for sure.
Agree with you 100%, couldn't of said it better and a Salute to you.

peace

totally agree with ya here.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus

Originally posted by impaired

He doesn't need a gun... he has a big brother (China) that's waiting in the shadow. Oh, and China brought his other friends (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, etc)

you get my drift.

Both China and Russia have been warning the US, Japan, and SK to stay away. They have a right to run their country how they please. Kim isn't stupid... he has a plan.

LOLZ
If China and Russian like N.korea so much why are they putting even greater sanctions on them, like the rest of the world???
I suppose you also think China and Russia are also the "bad guys"

I suggest you start reading and watching the news...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It wasn't the notice that was a problem. It was the fact that the test violated a number of peace accords and restrictions placed on NK by the UN, U.S., Nato, and others. They are the subject of many restrictions going all the way back to WW2, but exasperated by the Korean Conflict, and made increasingly more severe by Kim's actions of ignoring them.

Everyone was jumping up and down, because this was "defined" as an act of aggression, and could have drawn justified retaliatory fire from Japan, S. Korea, or others. The retaliation would have been justified, but it would not have been helpful to the situation. Remember, Japan has a "defense only" restriction on its military, but N. Korea shot a missile over their island a few years ago, just to prove they could!

It is always easy to blame the big dog, but I can't see how anyone could defend Kim, while his people starve, and he puts 100% of his resources into his military.

Edit to add:
We should not Nuke N. Korea. We should maybe do a surgical strike resulting in regime change, but why torture the decent people trying to survive in that countryside, and ruin a beautiful piece of the world?

I don't think anyone would want their homeland getting Nuked, because of a handful of politicians doing stupid things!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Thanks for the insult.

Yes I read the news, no I don't think China and Russia are bad guys. I don't even think North Korea is a bad guy. If anyone is the bad guy, it's the US. As for their relationship:
www.cfr.org...
www.bloomberg.com...

and there are more. Maybe you should start actually reading the stories and not just making assumptions.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I have been telling friends and family, how does it benefit North Korea to attack another country/use a nuke?

It does not make any sense. I am not saying they are innocent, but what if this is Obama's plan to get us out of the financial troubles we are in.

I remember when he was campaigning and a few times he said things about Korea and I thought to myself. Man, he really does not like Koreans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join