It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian scientists may have worked out the mystery of teleportation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear
Someone correct me if I am wrong here; but isn't teleportation the disassembly, movement to another location, and reassembly of an organic or inorganic object?

You are correct.

But data can also be teleported. And while it is not tangible, it does exist.

Instantaneous transport of data across space is a big step.

Quantum entanglement has been known of for quite some time now, I am glad that its potential for communication is being explored publicly.

I would like to see this sort of experiment done with the transmission of data across large distances.

We can already transmit data into the past - before it hes been sent.
Here is how it works:

"Let's say that Alice on a space station sends a signal to Bob, who is on a distant space ship. Let's call Alice's frame of reference S, and Bob's frame of reference S'. If Bob's space ship is traveling away from Alice at a significant portion of the speed of light, then in S' event B can happen before event A, so according to Bob, the signal is received before it's sent, just as we said could be the case. More importantly, by choosing Bob's speed fast enough, we can make B occur as long before A as we want. Since, according to the principle of relativity, the laws of physics are the same in all inertial frames of reference, Bob should be able to use the same technique Alice did to send a superluminal signal back to Alice, and he can make it have the same speed according to S' that Alice's signal had according to S.

Ok, so here's the trick, if we make sure Bob is going really fast, then he can receive the signal long before it's sent, so when Bob sends his superluminal signal back to Alice it will arrive back at Alice's space station (event C) before Alice ever sent her signal in the first place (event A). What's more, since events A and C both happen at Alice's position, and Alice is moving at less than the speed of light (by assumption), then A and C have a timelike separation. This means that if C happens before A in frame S', then C happens before A in every frame of reference. Put another way, C is inside the past light cone of A, which will be true in every frame of reference. So as long as she has a fast enough moving relay station, like Bob's space ship, Alice can send messages into her own past. "
-Unperson

*We already have the technology that reflects an incoming signal in just one direction, always - no matter what... And it is also old technology. This would make sure that the beam always went to the right place in the past.

what's more: the efficiency of this technology has been increased by over four (possible five) orders of magnitude over the past 28 years.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
We are just sick of having to walk to the fridge to get our beer... so Australia has been leading the race to develop teleportation technology.

Think of all the great uses!

'Get off your butt and go get us some bread and milk'
'OK honey'
*Pshhhhhzap*
'Done'

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
You lie down and imagine the blood of your body flowing to one side of your body. Then You have to imagine all your living cells, every particle of your whole body, imagine how it will all look every part of it. Then imagine how to get to a place anywhere in the world its exact details. It can take you there. But the exercise has to be learnt and it can take over a year.
It is actually based on the energy part. You have to remember every minute detail of yourself and the place you want to go.
I did not describe what the ringing cedars book said it exactly so do not attempt to do it on your own.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

Very intresting i have never heard of this, i will do some research and hopefully find a guide to post here without having to read the entire book

I will try and find the chapter and scan it and put it on scribd so you can read it online.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I must calm you down. It’s nothing new. I remember that exactly the same was discovered about ten years ago in Max Planck laboratories. It’s about to quarks which are created in the same moment. They dividing that couple of quarks in our 3 dimensional space but in other dimensions that quarks are still joined. They send one of that quark to other room and then modified first quark and the second changes instantly without delay consequent to light speed. It is really far way to teleportation but not far way to develop some instant some communication system. For example a remote control for mars robots and communication with spaceships without light speed delay.

As you can see German technology is still one of the finest but that experiment was made e few times until now.
Much more information in that matter. Really
There is nothing to elate.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Yes, I read the book entitled Anastasia.

Life is in fact Paradise. Ironically, we have distanced ourselves from Nature over the generations.

Very true indeed.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
While they are currently able to teleport light waves, the issue of teleporting molecules is another matter (pun intended). While I am not very learned in Chemistry or Physics, I would be willing to bet that the teleportation of matter is a much more complex task than that of light waves.

I was speaking to a friend about the possibility of teleportation becoming a reality in our lifetime. My friend raised some interesting issues that would arise if teleportion one day became the norm. Millions of people in the car industry, public transport, private transport, aeroplane, concorde industry etc. would all be out of work. Also, this would be one step closer to time travel, which if achieved could lead to all sorts of problems.

Overall though, glad to see such an advancement in technology and hopefully these Aussies can raise the bar in the technology industry.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Maxwells' Demon Solved
extrapolated hypothetical harmonic photon fractals

A simple question, does "11d predictive analysis of quantum theory of photons using a 7d navigation logic structure which requires no calculation for "11d harmonic Fibonacci fractals", just logic

use ALL "sides" of the 3-D-reality versus the hyperspace companion dimension boundary at the same time in the same equation. Being able to flip into hyperspace and proceed there is one way in which 3-D objects could experience time travel or teleportation

Which is "static field manipulation value of the vacuum expectation value for particle ground state, and with this you time travel on a spiral wave d/dt". Using "N" for navigation

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Made in 1994. Old

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff. The idea of where the future could go with this is scary but exciting at the same time.

Oh man, now you guys are making me want to watch The Fly again lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
Made in 1994. Old

But can you do this with no calculator? Just using a barebrain, no education, just intuition? I can

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
QUANTUM- ATOM -OPTICS
a copy from their web site
www.acqao.org...

The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Quantum-Atom Optics (ACQAO) combines pre-eminent Australian theoretical and experimental research groups in quantum and atom optics. Our aim is to create a powerful network to advance the rapidly developing field of Quantum-Atom Optics .

We are exploiting the quantum nature of multiple particle quantum states of atoms and photons, including entangled light and Bose-Einstein condensates (BEC). The Centre focuses on fundamental research, but our long term goal is to underpin and develop the next generation quantum technology.

Quantum-atom optics research at ACQAO comprises six experimental projects directed and supported by a central theory core. For a detailed description of the research activities in the Centre, please click on the project titles in the diagram below.

ACQAO is a multiuniversity collaboration involving the Australian National University, Swinburne University of Technology and University of Queensland.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

wave / particles are seen from 2 dimension with 2d results, quantum theory predicts 3 solutions, as the result was a 2d answer? Pretty simple

Eg; a cube most people think has ONLY 3d, quantum theory "should" have 13d to "create" the cube. Harmonic Spiral mechanics, but to "see" the cube requires 14d.

No calculator needed, this should take 2 minutes to solve - logic

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Simple tachyon structures require 2 points, Omega and "N", that will "always" be true. Both exist, this explains the "past" & future" variables. Navigation requires using the "now", let's call that variable "Aleph".

You can bend light throught time in your mind, or apply this to spin inertia navigation. Just use inverse variables.

harmonics can be one of several keys.

This took me 5 minutes to understand and comprehend.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Almost correct, use an inverse variable (shadow) & we are already there

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_4th_horseman
reply to post by misfitoy

wave / particles are seen from 2 dimension with 2d results, quantum theory predicts 3 solutions, as the result was a 2d answer? Pretty simple

Eg; a cube most people think has ONLY 3d, quantum theory "should" have 13d to "create" the cube. Harmonic Spiral mechanics, but to "see" the cube requires 14d.

No calculator needed, this should take 2 minutes to solve - logic

Erm.... was that response meant to go to my post??

I was just saying that this subject reminded me of a movie...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_4th_horseman
reply to post by ocker

...No calculator needed, this should take 2 minutes to solve - logic ...

...This took me 5 minutes to understand and comprehend....

You must be the smartest kid in your whole class.

Apparently you didn't hear the bad news about tachyons - you must update your info; one of your variables has changed.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Adroc

There is no time barrier, just a human perception, we "remember" yesterday, "see tomorrow" & experince today".

Quote "Use the Force Luke" = StarWars

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The_4th_horseman

Optical entanglement is a key requirement for many quantum communication protocols. Conventionally, entanglement is formed between two distinct beams, with the quantum correlation measurements being performed at separate locations. Such setups can be complicated, requiring the repeated combination of complex resources, a task that becomes increasingly difficult as the number of entangled information channels, or modes, increases. too pave the way towards the realization of optical multimode quantum information systems by showing continuous variable entanglement between two spatial modes within one beam. the technique is a major advance towards practical systems with minimum complexity. We demonstrate three major experimental achievements. First, only one source is required to produce squeezed light in two orthogonal spatial modes. Second, entanglement is formed through lenses and beam rotation, without the need for a beamsplitter. Finally, quantum correlations are measured directly and simultaneously using a multipixel quadrant detector.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Great find Cygnus Hunter!

This is very interesting news. Can't wait to see how this develops.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by StevesResearch]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Thanks for you input, much appreciated ; )

"Optical entanglement is a key requirement for m(any) quantum communication protocols. Conventionally, entanglement is formed between two distinct beams", that is correct, but to "see" this result of "only" 2 light entanglements requires a 3rd variable, which is in the "seeing". eg; Shroedinger

Do you need the inertia variable of navigation? There are 3 or more dimensions needed.

No calculator needed

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join