It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tribute to Neda and the sheer bravery & spirit of all Iranian women

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
It always amazes me how hypocritical people are. One Iranian woman dies, and suddenly the world is turned on it's head. A million iraqi's die and nobody bats an eyelash.

Whatever. At least people are upset over somebody dieing. That's a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately you are right. However, how much of the video of innocent Iraqi's being slaughtered by their government our our soldiers (on accident mostly) is displayed on the MSM? NONE. That's why this tragic death is receiving so much attention.

Is her life worth more than the near a million innocent Iraqi's lives? No. All life is precious. Well, at least to you and I and many others on this site. There are some that don't view these people as humans. I will never be one of those.

So, your statement is true and very important but this thread is about this very public assassination of a beautiful young life.

Why is it receiving so much attention? Well, I can see one good reason. To set the stage for our involvement in that country. Very soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Neda was assasinated by foreign-linked agent. Sorry I'm not too stupid to believe mainstream media lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow. It looks like the CIA failed. 300 Million USD of infiltration funds later and Ahmadinejad is still in power in Iran.

Ah well. Can't win 'em all boys!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Remembering Neda

Caspian Makan 37, boyfriend of Neda 27

tehranbureau.com...

She was not at all into politics nor was she a protestor or part of this ‘green wave’ movement. She didn’t support any of the candidates. She just wanted democracy and a little freedom, a little freedom in a logical reasonable way, that was what she wanted — just the basic rights of the Iranian people which this regime wants to take away from them.

We knew each for just three months. It was not long enough…

It’s not true we were engaged. We were talking about it but we wanted to know each other better.

We didn’t meet in Iran, we met in Turkey three months ago, we were both on holiday. Turkey is one of the few places Iranians can go to without a visa and we had both signed up with a tour. She was with a girlfriend — she wanted to see the world as much as was possible to her — and I had decided to take a break, to go somewhere where I could breathe a little free air.She wanted to see what was going on, she wasn’t part of the ‘green wave’ but she believed in freedom for Iran and she wanted to show her support. But she never went to the demonstrations; she was just curious and I didn’t want her to do it. She was annoyed that I was not supporting her in this, she said to me: ‘You support me in everything else I do, why not now?’

She didn’t want any of the current candidates but she was hoping that with support maybe this was a way forward that would lead one day to democracy. She didn’t believe in violence or aggression and so she didn’t want to join the demonstrations.

I have no expectations of this regime, I am against them and I expect nothing better of them, so I am not disappointed in their actions. But I do think that if this regime is going to be so obvious in its mistreatment of the people, of not listening to what they want and their hearts’ desires, if this regime is going to set itself against the people so squarely, then why can’t we talk about it? Why can’t we have a debate about the problems? Why do we have to be beaten and killed? Why do they use tear gas and water hoses and bullets and air bullets and sirens to beat us back? why do they kill the Nedas of this world for their own stupid power games and pretend nothing is wrong?

They haven’t even let us hold a memorial service for her, as is our custom, three days after the death. She was buried in Behesht Zahra in southern Tehran on Sunday. They asked us to put her in a section where they already had open graves ready for the protestors they have killed or are planning to kill. The authorities know she has become a symbol of injustice of this regime for the rest of the world so they are scared to let us hold the memorial. But how can we mourn her this way, how can we celebrate her life if they won’t let us do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join