It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tribute to Neda and the sheer bravery & spirit of all Iranian women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by emergencyresponseteam
Heartbreaking. But your intel is wrong. The man with the stripes isnt her father, its actually her Musicteacher. They were on their way to the music school when they saw the demonstrations and they directly supported them but marching with the demonstrators.

But its still horrible and I hope iran government will rott in hell.

Wow that makes me even more mad.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
In this video I saw her eyes..

That's why this is so disturbing. You are looking into the eyes of this young lady as she dies. It is haunting. At least for those who have a soul it is ...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If she died 'involuntarily' then so do those so-called Palestinians you love so much. She didn't die because of 'an election result she objected to'. She died fighting FRAUD and OPPRESSION set up by a dictator who hangs homosexuals in the city square. She died for freedom. Oh .. and there are more than just rocks being used by the so-called Palestinians. They smuggle in rockets, bombs, guns and ammo. They use them against the SOVERIGN NATION of Israel. Big difference.

I am glad you sympathise for a dead Muslim woman. About time and you may also feel for the hundreds of Palestinian women killed by the Israelis in Gaza.

After years of demonisation, Iranians look human to the Western audience. The more zionists make a meal of it the better. Even John McCain wept for the killed Iranian girl even though a year ago he wanted to “bomb, bomb, bomb” her and million other women into the stone age.

Glenn Greenwald noted “the "Bomb Iran" contingent's newfound concern for The Iranian People” saying: “Imagine how many of the people protesting this week would be dead if any of these bombing advocates had their way! Hopefully, one of the principal benefits of the turmoil in Iran is that it humanizes whoever the latest Enemy is.” This humanisation could not be undone fast, and thus the bombing may never occur, despite pleas of Netanyahu and Lieberman. - Israel Shamir blog

[edit on 123030p://pm3016 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Respect to all those who suffer and die at the hands of oppressors, first of all.

But what does the opinion of their "beauty" have to do with anything salient? Suffering is suffeing regardless of your opinion of who is "beautiful" or not so much so. Are their lives and struggle somehow worth more than another group of people whom you find less aesthetically pleasing? Can there be focus on human suffering and compassion for all who are treated unjustly, and not just those whom men find to be "hawt"?

I bet no one would bother to feature a thread like this about Dafur women.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Its sad when anyone dies but it is strikingly obvious that this is propaganda. Even if its purely for the fact that this is on film, no one would stand by to film that instead of helping.
There has been no western interest in an election like this in the past, the simple fact is that if america cant buy someones loyalty, they do anything they can to have them removed. There are alot of powers coming into play at the moment, if you want to know what their agenda is look up the georgia guidestones. We're about to see the population reduced by about 6 billion.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

And the singing lessons she was taking were forbidden. Oddly enough the meaning of the name "Neda" is "voice" or "sound".

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I think people are so taken with this because she ISN'T Rachael Corrie. She was just a passer by, observing, not even protesting. She was in the wrong place ant the wrong time. She was average, just like most of us. She WAS us.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
how convenient that a person just so happened to be stood nearby with a camera rolling , and how anyone can justify filming a supposed person dying is just SICK! why did he/she not help? hmm too convenient if you ask me, something smells off with this whole thing, maybe you people buy into this but this isnt what it appears in my eyes and i just cant put my finger on it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

This is a great thread and great tribute for this lady. Death is always tragic...no doubt...but where are the threads for the AMERICAN citizens who died at the hands of our police state? What about the millions of Palestinians, Iraqis, Afghans, and other who have died courtesy of the United States?
It's breaks my heart that people put all their "love" into things like this while at the same time forgetting that thousands of people die every month because of us, our tax dollars. The blood of all these people is on our hands.
I cant believe people are falling for this mindless propaganda. It's obvious that Israel, Britain and the US is funding the current revolution in Iran, using the excuse of vote fraud. Get real, the last time we had non rigged elections was during the Kennedy era. Where was OUR revolution during the 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008 elections? Why is the media putting so much emphasis on whats going on in Iran today?
Our leaders, along with the Brits and Israelis have been pushing for regime change and war for the last 5 years! And it appears they are succeeding. I guess history is repeating itself because we have still yet to learn from it.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by thereaintnospoon]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by thereaintnospoon]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
how convenient that a person just so happened to be stood nearby with a camera rolling , and how anyone can justify filming a supposed person dying is just SICK!

It was a cell phone video, in case you weren't aware there are no cameras allowed to roll in Iran right now. There are no reporters, so the only way we know what's going on is from the people themselves. Just like the Tibet crackdown before the Olympics.

why did he/she not help? hmm too convenient if you ask me, something smells off with this whole thing, maybe you people buy into this but this isnt what it appears in my eyes and i just cant put my finger on it.

Are you serious?? Did you not see that she was already surrounded by several other non-medically trained people who were trying to help? Are you aware of info that we are not? Was the person filming that with their cell phone an emergency responder? Either way, nobody could help her, she was shot in the heart by a 7.62 x 39 round, her brain was just using up the last bit of oxygen, she was gone in seconds. The poster before was wrong though, she was in shock and had no idea what was happening. The body has mechanisms to make the last moments as comfortable as possible.

For everybody whining about the deaths of "ugly people" not being cared about, seriously, find another straw to grasp at. People would have reacted the same way no matter what she looked like. You have NO reason to say otherwise. The OP expressed his/her feelings about Iranian women being beautiful, which they are (although it's probably because they really go all out with the makeup), but NOBODY has said that it's okay to shoot unarmed ugly people.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thereaintnospoon

Well! while I can understand your and others frustration of finding threads regarding the suffering and all the killing in Darfur, Iraq, America etc!

What I can't understand is why you & others are complaining about it here in a tribute thread!

Be classy and start a thread about these things that is bothering you!

You have been registered since 4 months ago, but in your profile I can't find one single thread created by you! - but here you are! complaining!

I started this thread for several reasons! I was deeply affected by the dramatic video of Neda's death. She also reminded me of a dear Persian girlfriend I had back in my University days!

I also have some friends and some other personal connections who are now very concerned with the developments i Iran.

But why do I need to explain my personal reasons for you why I made this thread??

I feel sorry If you can't see this tribute for what it is! - A tribute for a young woman in her best years, that just died under horrible circumstances!

But that doesn't mean that I don't feel sad and sorry for Americans, Palestinians, Iraqis or "ugly" people who were brutally killed or brutally murdered & slaughtered before in history or in future events!

I feel of course the same for all the brave men & women who are fighting for their freedom in the streets of Iran today!

In this thread the focus is on Neda and the Iranian women & the current events regarding them!

So please! feel free to start a thread about the tragic deaths of all Iraqis!

I'll be there to read it and to give you S&F!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Thank you soo much my friend!

Thanks for your well written posts and moral support & contributions to the thread!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You're very welcome.

You're thread is clearly built only on good intentions, i'm sorry to see that there are people who cannot be happy unless they are complaining and being negative. Neda deserves nothing but our respect, along with every other innocent soul caught in the middle of a bad situation they have no control over, and pay the ultimate price. But there are many people who have to politicize EVERYTHING, and it really gets annoying. Neda's death is tragic and extremely saddening. On the flip side, it feels good to be able to feel unity with the people of Iran, instead of feeling like they all hate us and want us to die, which is what the scumbags who oppress them want us to believe. But the people of Iran want freedom and to join the civilized world, for ONCE they are actually asking for it, and I for one wish that we in the western world would step up and make it happen for them (without bombing them). It will be extremely frustrating if we leave them hanging, after all the talk of spreading democracy...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Amagnon
What a blatant piece of propaganda - yes all the women are beautiful, yes there is violence in Iran - yes it is not nice.

This isn't the MSM , no propaganda here. Just the truth as to whats going on.

If you can't handle the TRUTH then it's your own fault. Don't push your beliefs on us.

The OP isn't pushing anything on us , just showing us PROOF and EVIDENCE as to what is occuring in a different country other than ours.

You are trying to Push that it is Propaganda but it is not. That is your opinion and don't make it everybody else's.

The truth as to whats going on? The truth is that some people are dying - as to why, and who actually caused the deaths (and specifically this one), that is something that is definitely not in the realm of truth - it is highly debatable.

We certainly should identify with and have sympathy for the victim(s) - however, implicit is that she was a victim of the GOVERNMENT of Iran. I assure you, my sympathy goes out to her - and all innocent victims - but I know who the real aggressors and monsters are.

The Iranian government - who have never attacked anybody? Or the US government who pursued bloody war after war - armed enemies of governments in many countries - tried to have government leaders assassinated in so many countries - over threw the government of Iran in 1952?

The MSM is eating this kind of stuff up, don't deny that the MSM is supporting the protesters against the current government.

The congress made a vote to support the protesters - 405 vs 1. The ONLY one who voted against was Ron Paul. Why? Perhaps because he knows this whole thing is a lie by the controller scum? Perhaps because he knows that if America and the rest of the world had just left Iran alone then this young woman would still be alive? Perhaps because he knows that the uprising is stirred by the CIA? Perhaps because he knows that the controller scum are going to use this to install a puppet government so they can control Irans oil? Perhaps because he knows that voting for such support may be a prelude to war!?

John McCain made some teary) speech about it - so how does that not classify this as MSM? What a hypocritical piece of crap he is - wanting to bomb, then when he actually sees one person die then he cries? He will kill, so long as he doesn't have to actually see it - monster.

He is not the only one. So many people on ATS have been calling for some 'action' against Iran - what a load of hypocrisy.

If the US government said it was going to send soldiers into Iran to help 'liberate' the Iranian people - would you ONCE AGAIN support a war for profit? Where all the beautiful young women killed by American bombs, tanks and guns were never shown - and the only images you would see would be the people killed by the 'insane and despotic' government they were trying to destroy. The government that was duly and fairly elected in a DEMOCRACY?

That a single person should die because of a lie - words cannot describe my outrage. This beautiful girl killed, so that the controller scum can get their hands on Irans oil. In Iraq 1.5 million were killed - where were all the pictures of the beautiful young people being killed there?

You will never see those images - no-one will ever place it in front of you so that your conscience can be clear with ignorance to pursue the next war for profit pushed on you by the scum controllers.

Ignorance knows no bounds.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Do you have any proof whatsoever besides the past corrupt actions of our government? How many other governments have been corrupt in the past? Why does that not make them as much suspect as the US? You have the same evidence against them, but you are speaking as if it is solid fact that the CIA is behind these protests. I don't agree with you on this, but you have every right to believe what you wish. I just don't think you should present it as absolute fact when you have no proof, it kinda damages your credibility, IMO. I think that the Russians and the Chinese have far more intel agents in Iran, they would know if the CIA was working there and they would make it known to the world, but they've been pretty quiet. I believe this is ALL the Iranian people, and I do wish we could help them, but not by bombing them.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
It always amazes me how hypocritical people are. One Iranian woman dies, and suddenly the world is turned on it's head. A million iraqi's die and nobody bats an eyelash.

Whatever. At least people are upset over somebody dieing. That's a step in the right direction.
I agree with you with every molecule in my body...I am not saying she should not be remembered but to single out one individual when countless others suffer the same fate for the same reasons is not justice but an injustice. This is the same train of thought the MSM uses when they cover a story about a missing child and beat it like a dead horse when in fact EVERYDAY a child is taken unwillingly from his/her environment and plunged into a sinister world of rape torture and usually death. Every victim of violence whether it be from a neighbor, stranger, friend, foe, or the military should get their well deserved time on the news on the net in prayer and just plain thoughts. And i hope this one isnt getting her time because she is eye candy. Hope it is a little more than that. Either way great thread and i hope we see more threads like this that remember all victims everywhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
May her life serve some greater purpose and inspire freedom loving people across the globe. It is an absolute tragedy and heart breaking.

I'd be remiss not to mention a similar tragedy in the US in 1970 in which 4 Anti-War protestors were gunned down by the National Guard. Their supreme sacrifice amplified the Peace movement and generated tremendous empathy and support. More here: en.wikipedia.org...

May her death not be in vain.

Respectfully...KK

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

May her death not be in vain.

Respectfully...KK

She may have not died in vain. Her death generates so much sympathy for the Iranian people, that the U.S. and/or Israel cannot gained any political support to bomb Iran, and must shelve any plans to so. This would prevents further killings of young Iranian people.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

My reply was not meant to be a personal attack on you or your thread. Sorry if that's how it came out.

I may be a noob and may not start dozens of threads or contribute as much to these forums as you, but I do have the right to voice my opinion on any subject matter anywhere and any time I feel. That's the beauty of freedom of speech and I doubt you'd want to deny me that, especially in this thread.

I mentioned the death of this lady is indeed tragic. It's senseless and unnecessary. But haven't you yet wondered why the MSM is placing so much emphasis on this incident alone? They are using this tragic incident to exploit our emotions and feelings. It's textbook propaganda and many, too many people are falling for it.
John McCain can joke about bombing their whole country and then turn around faking his remorse for this lady and her family? Please, get real.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thereaintnospoon

My reply was not meant to be a personal attack on you or your thread. Sorry if that's how it came out.

John McCain can joke about bombing their whole country and then turn around faking his remorse for this lady and her family? Please, get real.

Thats OK! my friend!

John McCain is like any other false pesky politicians! trying to exploit the situation to gain some personal political points!

But in his defence! I don't think he's lying and faking his feelings too much! the video is sadly soo damn strong and have affected us all a bit!

Even (bomb Iran) John McCain!

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join