It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tribute to Neda and the sheer bravery & spirit of all Iranian women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That video...
That video of her final moments is brutal.

And whether you're in the group who believes the Americans were involved, or those who feel this death shouldn't be worthy because of the thousands that have come before it, realise those things don't matter. What matters is the incredible eye-opening that has begun, unfortunately thanks to this girl and all her people struggling against tyranny and fear. Don't belittle what this event means because you feel jaded in some way or another about your own governments. Like may have said, the Iranians will no longer stand for their regime, this is indeed a revolution. Regardless of the rest of the world, and whatever involvement other countries have had before this, no one, especiallly the Iranians, s going to stand for this situation any longer.

Every revoultion needs a spark. Parisians tore down the Bastille a few hundred years ago, brick by brick. It shall be interesting to see what the Iranians bring down of their government.

I hope this girl and all those who've come before in every avoidable war, find solace in whatever may lie after life.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by TheAmazingK]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I've cared for years! This reminds me of back in 1989 when I was graduating from High School and wore a black armband for all of the students in China who were slaughtered while they attempted to stand up to the Chinese Gov. in Tienement(sp) Square. It was my wake up call to how much farther we as a race, the human race, has to go.

Before that I saw the world with rose colored glasses, after that, I realized that the world is messed up for the most part. I am lucky to live in the US and am thankful that here, it is not nearly as bad as much of the world.

I believe that another generation is getting just what I got, an eye opener to how the world truely is.

How people still fight against Governments who oppress and hold down thier people. How barbaric much of the world still is and how unballanced, unstable and corrupt most governments truely are.

I care, and I am sure many others do too.

Another generation is learning the hard way about the world we live in from afar, watching and many of them will go on to be activists or fight for human rights.

The world cares!!!! The people care!! And we stand with all of those who want democracy and freedom! It is a seed that once planted,grows like a weed, and cannot be snuffed out.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When I think of any of these middle eastern countries in "conflict", I get the feeling that even though they are more open to bringing up "bad people", the general public deserve so much better than what they are currently getting.

The internet truly has brought the world together - even if there is much more work to be done.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmazingK

Why is this a revolution? large protests are taking place because they did not like the election results,they are not planning to overthrow the supreme leader they just think the presidential elections were fraudulent...which is debatable.So where is this "revolution" you speak of? sounds like you are regurgitating msm BS to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The video shocked me too....

But truly the bravery of these people will prevail.

RIP poor girl. May your death at least show people the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Well, I don't pay any attention to the MSM, as you call it, so I don't quite know how to regurgitate things I haven't absorbed in the first place. I will admit that my knowledge of current events may not be so all-inclusive. I signed on today and saw a little of what was going on in the world. I looked at some threads here, read CNN's timeline of events only to see if they included this Neda situation (which they did not).

Protests easily turn into revolutions. It is an event like this that sparks it. It started as a fight for truth in the already existing system, as you say. How long, though, until the realisation that the system cannot be fixed? When do the protests become demands for change of the system?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I completely agree that each and every Iraqi death should have been covered with this much publicity. But, on the other hand, if you feel so inclined – make a new thread yourself.

The events are totally different though, in my opinion. Had an American troop done the same thing with similar circumstances, the troop would have been imprisoned, if not worse. It wouldn't have taken long to find the troop that fired the shot, being that the video clearly showed the location of the incident and troops positioned at that post could be identified. However, in this instance, I doubt the assassin's identity will ever be publicly known, much less receive any sort of punishment. I'm sure the Government knows the killer's name, but in this instance, it wasn't his job to secure an area from hostile insurgents (like an American troop in Iraq) - it was to quell a peaceful uprising in Iran. And he did what was within his power given to him by his commanders. Any decent human being would have ignored any orders to kill another human being over a political opinion.

My heart goes out to all those in Iran fighting to be heard and for their votes to be counted.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Although I can sympathize with the death of this woman over there, I am getting a little tired of the world focusing on women alone as if they did everything. The plight of women in this world we have all heard of to exhaustion, but there are MEN over there dying too. There are men everywhere dying of sacrifice and every way women die, but you rarely hear of their sacrifice. No one ever seems to create shrines like this and show any respect to the MEN that die over there and all over the world giving their lives (most of the time) even more willingly than the women. If this truly is an equal world (or supposed to be) then start giving MEN the credit they deserve as well. All I hear about is this woman and they have even made her into an icon representing the whole Iranian resistance, but with all due respect, she is but one of many who have died for the same cause, some of which were MEN. I am just saying to all the guys out there LET'S GIVE A SHOUT TO ALL THE MEN WHO ARE DYING IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM AS WELL.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
It always amazes me how hypocritical people are. One Iranian woman dies, and suddenly the world is turned on it's head. A million iraqi's die and nobody bats an eyelash.

Whatever. At least people are upset over somebody dieing. That's a step in the right direction.

Really? You're going to complain because people are attaching themselves to a cause just because it's not the cause you feel they should be supporting? Shame on you. Make a thread about the million dead Iraqi citizens.

edit to add: apparently I'm not the first person to point this ridiculousness out. Huzzah.

Edit AGAIN!!! To add to the guy above me - this is in response to a specific video containing the most human moment that I personally have EVER seen conveyed through video. Hence the current surge of these types of threads. Why derail this thread? Make your own for all the men dying!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by '___'eviant]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by '___'eviant]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Unbelievable how some people here are criticizing this post and what happened to that girl as propaganda, etc. etc.

Yes, we know many people were killed in Iraq, we're not diminishing the importance and impact of that. Why are you comparing the two and at the same time diminishing the significance of what Neda symbolizes?

We're talking about Iran now, not making comparisons with Iraq. And we're talking about the horror of what we all saw in that video footage and how it has effected us. The effect it has had on us is an important one and hopefully some good will come from it and maybe help other oppressed people all around the world.

Can we say she symbolizes oppressed people all over the world? Can we say that she symbolizes how especially oppressed women in Iran are? Can we extrapolate the effect this has had on us to imagine the struggles people are facing all over the world?

Don't diminish this just because you think someone somewhere else is suffering more, we know that but now WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IRAN! AND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THAT WOMAN'S DEATH!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that this has also been (in my opinion) extremely significant and important in that it was the first time I personally ever witnessed News being reported so effectively by citizens, citizens who were cut off form the world.

Taken off the grid and they were still able to display the most unedited, unbiased (and horrifying), REAL news from the other side of the world. Truly amazing!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant

Originally posted by Kaytagg
It always amazes me how hypocritical people are. One Iranian woman dies, and suddenly the world is turned on it's head. A million iraqi's die and nobody bats an eyelash.

Whatever. At least people are upset over somebody dieing. That's a step in the right direction.

Really? You're going to complain because people are attaching themselves to a cause just because it's not the cause you feel they should be supporting? Shame on you. Make a thread about the million dead Iraqi citizens.

edit to add: apparently I'm not the first person to point this ridiculousness out. Huzzah.

Edit AGAIN!!! To add to the guy above me - this is in response to a specific video containing the most human moment that I personally have EVER seen conveyed through video. Hence the current surge of these types of threads. Why derail this thread? Make your own for all the men dying!

I'm not dertailing the thread. I am merely stating that when MEN die (and I think there are MORE than enough videos of that in this world) no one seems to care, as the fine gentleman stated in your re-reply, no one even bats an eye lash. Even in this case, she wasn't the only video footage I saw over there of someone who died. I also saw video on the news of a man getting beat to death and was also lying in a pool of his own blood. They barely mentioned it. As for you seeing the "most human moment" you have personally ever seen? Well, that is just that.....it's the most personal human moment that "YOU" have ever seen. That doesn't mean that it is the most personal human moment for the rest of the world. probably just for many of the women out there. I happen to think that the MEN in the world should recieve more credit for the human element that they are sacrificing and I'll start by thanking the gentleman who gave his life for freedom, just as the female did and was plastered all over the news yet got no entitlement for it. "Thank you sir, the nameless gentleman who gave his life for all Iranian people (whoever you were) for your sacrifice to men and women alike." Here is a photo of the man I speak of who died with no less blood than this female who got lauded for her sacrifice while this man died in vain.
(graphic photo) - Do not click link if offended by graphic scenes.

Photo of man who should be thanked properly as this woman has been.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So this whole thing is about women's rights and a new cause celebre? Nothing to do with two years worth of Israel crying wolf?

This thread is contrived and suspect. Muslim women have been dying in Palestine, Iraq and Iran by the tens of thousands, so why is this one so special?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
Although I can sympathize with the death of this woman over there, I am getting a little tired of the world focusing on women alone as if they did everything. The plight of women in this world we have all heard of to exhaustion, but there are MEN over there dying too. There are men everywhere dying of sacrifice and every way women die, but you rarely hear of their sacrifice. No one ever seems to create shrines like this and show any respect to the MEN that die over there and all over the world giving their lives (most of the time) even more willingly than the women. If this truly is an equal world (or supposed to be) then start giving MEN the credit they deserve as well. All I hear about is this woman and they have even made her into an icon representing the whole Iranian resistance, but with all due respect, she is but one of many who have died for the same cause, some of which were MEN. I am just saying to all the guys out there LET'S GIVE A SHOUT TO ALL THE MEN WHO ARE DYING IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM AS WELL.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Phenomium]

It's easier for people to sympathize with the women in Iran since the men there are the one's doing the oppressing, or supporting the old suppressive laws directed mainly at women in Iran. (I know a lot of the men are supporting and fighting/dying for their cause, but apparently not enough men.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How crazy is this... go to the Above Top Secret homepage and one of the top news threads is this one - poor Neda and it's so horrible what the Iranian govt is doing to such a beautiful girl.

Then right under that thread is another news thread about how the American Govt is training its employees that U.S. citizens who lawfully protest are committing TERRORISM. It's officially part of employee training for all Department of Defense personnel.

How Ironic is that?!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Because the media are bombarding people with it...and like good little sailboats they go wherever the wind(msm) takes them..days later and im still shocked by how gullible people on ATS are to the media,its shameful on a site where the motto is deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In the words of Joseph Stalin, "One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."

Of course I feel sympathy for the woman's family, and of course all my condolences go out to them, but I'd rather focus on the fact that she just died than her being a woman. Men, women, and children are all being killed over in Iran. Just because some of them get less media coverage, does that mean they should get less attention? What about the countless children who have died in this protest? What about the strong men who are at the protests' front lines? Where's their individual tributes?

Death is death. Just because it was more dramatic doesn't mean it was any more deadly than another person's death. So instead of spending countless hours mourning the death of a girl I never even knew, I'll say a little prayer for her and her family and go on to the next dead person, named or unnamed.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

:shk: Jeeeeeeeeze .. look at the video.
You look into her eyes as she dies for freedom.
It's VERY haunting.

You are a male muslim, right?
Islam isn't known for treating women very well.
You are that cold towards a womans death that you try to deflect
and bring in Israel as the bad guy, as you usually do, even with this?

Someone turn the heat up .... it's freezing cold in this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You know, I am saddened by the videos that I see coming from Iran and Iraq. However, one has to keep in mind that all of this is leading to, hopefully, a better future. We'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Everyone has a scape goat. I think the guy's screen name says enough for me to know that he has a diluted view of what is taking place in the world. "Masonwatcher?" I suppose he thinks that Masons are eeeeeevil too.

Flyers, one of these days you will realize that it is easy for people to blame groups that they disagree with. Oh, but damn you if you blame anything that they are affiliated with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join