It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Interesting AR mobile phone game.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Geekologie.com alerted me to this interesting development in Augmented Reality video games. It is interesting to me how they are using skittles for bombs on the map. I just wonder what kinds of games can be developed out of this science. I also wonder what military applications could be utilized using this tech. Could this be used to command robot war pieces? Just when I thought I had seen everything.
Peace

This is a video of an augmented reality game designed by the Georgia Tech Augmented Environments Lab and the Savannah College of Art and Design - Atlanta. It's called 'ARhrrrr', which, despite sounding piratey, is actually a zombie game. It's pretty cool too. You play the game with a video phone and a pack of Skittles. I # you not, Skittles. Taste THIS rainbow, undead whores! BOOSH BOOSH!

Above Text from Geekologie.com

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Now that's original and very kewl.

And it really just needs a camera on a device and a couple(3) gyros to work...sweet.

Can't wait to see virtual reality or glasses-monitors with the gun as a control. Imagine the exercise playing a first person shooter in a school, office building or long hallway at home. Hell...ya wouldn't even need the toy gun...just a trigger to hold onto. Man, the possibilities. Aim with your head. How very original indeed.

Indeed a whole new kind of military training opportunity.

Nice post, thanks. S&F

EDIT: syntax/placement

[edit on 21-6-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

For sure, I have been thinking about various game designs myself using this new structure. Too bad Im not a game designer ha ha. I suppose if the map is large enough or the building is in a database is in the program , then that kind of real shooter game would work.
Really cool setup ,and I havent played a video game in 10 years or more!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Cool

IMHO, the only problem is that you need to carry around this little device with a small screen. Lightweight head mounted device like glasses, contact lenses or something would be so much better.

Cool thought

new topics

top topics

join