It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seeking info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hi there,
heres a new member who joined with intent....
the story goes like this.....
My old friend , an Airborn vet, was bumming around the states after the war....
He and his buddy ended up in a place called Pasco, in Washington state...
The town wasnt very large, and they could find no work but one job offer...
This offer was to descend into a hole in the ground, about five miles north of town....
The details are sketchy,(hes eighty now) but aparently there was some kind of underground reactor or atomic device that had malfunctione down there, and they were offered the job of working down there....
He said that from the town, you could see the glow of some kind of radioactivety lighting up the night sky...
The glow was a soft phosphoresence that looked like the aurora borealis...
Now he and his buddy didnt want any part of the job, as they intended to have children one day....they stayed about a week in town and caught another frieght for greener pastures....
This was in 1946....
I was wondering if there was some kind of nuclear accident back then that didnt get talked about...
He did tell me that some who had taken the job before they arrived, had sickened and died shortly afterwards..
Does anyone have any info on such an happening back then?
thanks
stirling

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Pasco does exist and there is a nuclear site in the area.

Advise;
Research Hanford Nuclear Reservation

Article

The Hanford Nuclear Reservation is located on 360,000 acres of land in southeastern Washington near the farming community of Richland. (Actually, the area is commonly referred to as the Tri-Cities to describe the three townships that are in close proximity to each other; Richland, Pasco, and Kennewick.)
[...]
Hanford was established in 1943 as part of the Manhattan Project and was constructed by the US Department of Energy and the DuPont Corporation. Hanford housed the world's first full size nuclear reactor, known as B Reactor. Seven more reactors at the site would soon follow and eventually a ninth was built.
[...]
Nuclear waste that was not ruled highly radioactive was simply dumped into the earth. It is estimated that more than 440 billion gallons of waste was discarded into the soil. These practices continued from 1944 until the last of the original eight reactors was shut down in 1971. The waste that was considered highly radioactive is stored in underground tanks.

[edit on 6/21/09 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Welcome to ATS stirling.

May you enjoy your stay.

[edit on 21/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Hi.

Your friend made the right decision!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Do you know where in Washington State that town is? I saw something about ufo's/entities like big foot appearing around a ranch somewhere in Washington State. Ufo's almost nightly. I can't remember the name of the place but I was wondering if they are close to each other. That would be weird.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.

Mod Note: Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself

Thread Closed.
Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join