It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trends Journal Summer 2009 - Gerald Celente

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hi Guys
I received the latest Trend Journal on Saturday just past 20/06/09:

Below is the email that came with the Trend Journal.

19 June 2009 Dear Trends Journal® Subscriber,
Empire America is on the verge of collapse. Its social, economic and political systems, outdated and ill-equipped, can not cope with the current crisis. While the Empire's decline has been long in the making, the acceleration of policies leading to that decline are reaching the point of no return, not only for America, but for the World. The Summer 2009 Trends Journal® is largely devoted to this mega-trend, and its ramifications and implications that will reverberate across the globe.
Thus, not only the obvious future of geo-economics and geo-politics is at stake, but environmental, scientific, health and cultural trends globally will also be affected by what happens in America. We view this as an emergency situation. In this issue we provide the background necessary to understand and navigate the global crisis. In our Autumn issue we will forecast and analyze a wide range of specific trends, all of which will be impacted by the current emergency.
Sincerely, Gerald Celente

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

[edit on 21/6/2009 by wycky]

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hi wycky. As a rule I try to avoid adding to the hysterical content that I encounter all too often on the web these days. Gerald Celente kinda leans in that direction imo. It's not necessarily the conclusions that bother me , more , the style and presentation. However , in the link you provided , Mr. Celente goes beyond the over-simplistic , over-sensationalized ranting that I have become accustomed to. Thanks for the post

Anyway here's my G&D addition fwiw , I hope it complements your thread.

One old-timer that has had my utmost respect for years , is Harry Schultz...and even Uncle Harry , never one given sensationalized economic analysis , has turned increasingly bleak & scary over the past year or so. Harry writes a high-dollar newsletter , so when bits & pieces find their way into the public domain , I tend to consider them worthy of circulation. Bob Chapman on the other hand...well , I've never been able to get past his involvement in the Silverado Mines pump & dump back in 2003 , but aside from this one personal bias (I wouldn't consider a stock rec from him) , I really can't fault his tireless , if edgy , macro.

GL

Sunday, June 21, 2009
Bank Holiday Coming? Prepare?

Harry Schultz, dean of newsletter writers, has quoted the Chapman letter of May 30 regarding US embassies being sent large amounts of cash with which to buy local *currencies, to last them a year. Here is Harry’s remarkable take on the situation:

“My HSL suspicion is that the elite plan another FDR style “bank holiday” of indefinite length, perhaps very soon, to let the insiders sort-out the bank mess which is getting more out of their control every day.*Insiders want/need to impose new bank rules. Widespread nationalization could result, already under way. It could also lead to a formal US$ devaluation, as FDR did by revaluing gold (& then confiscating it). But devalue against what? The euro? Doubtful. Gold? Maybe. Or vs. the IMF basket of currencies (which seems more likely)—& much in the news recently. Any kind of bank holiday will push the US$ lower, which may be a bonus benefit to their ongoing scenario of letting the $ fall. Such a fall would get the devaluation they want without having to declare it. In sum, the insiders want more bank & system control, fewer banks & a lower US$. A bank holiday would suit all their needs.

Full Text

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I agree with what your saying Gerald Celente does seem to be hysterical and going over the top, but if all he says does come true then i guess he has a right to act this way because it is something we should be worried about.

To an extent i agree with the fear factor and getting people scared, because that is what it takes for most people to take action. Fear makes people pay attention. As a kid did you pay more attention to your parents when they said please or when they threatened you with the belt?

I'm not saying its right or i agree with these methods, but i think its the best way to get the message across to the masses that have no idea something is wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Celente might be rather theatrical, but I suggest his detractors ignore his words at their own peril.

His multi-decade track record speaks for itself.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I am aware of his warnings from before the whole economic situation.

But I have only one question:

How much does his autumn issue cost?

Sensationalized this is. All for that collapsing dollar?? hhhmmmmm...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I think most of your posts are well thought out.

But you have to fade the public here, not go with it (regarding the US DOLLAR)

top topics

join