It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total eclipse to paint Moon red

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow the moon always turns red during eclipces. It's not that amazing.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We usually get to see one or two here in the states every year. The best is getting to see it over Lake Michigan

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hi 7!!

Thanx for the reminder - weather here in central UK is fine at present (1954 BST) so will keep watch over the next couple of hours and get the telescope ready if it is fine around 2100.

Thanx again!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A total Lunar Eclipse is rare, only for people living in "SET" positions on the globe. One can "chase" eclipses (like Solar or Lunar).

I saw this one on Jul 16 2000. It was unbelievably BLOOD-RED;
www.netspeed.com.au...
www.abc.net.au...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Did anyone get any photos of this?

There was too much cloud cover where I live to see anything.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Shame to say there was too much bad weather for me to see the moon I am also wondering did anyone from the uk take any pictures.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hi 7/ all!

Well, despite my earlier "forecast" that it was clear here, around 2100 local the rain swept in, accompanied by clouds (as is to be expected!). I managed to get a glimpse around 2230 but, by then, the eclipse was way past it's best and I didn't take any photographs unfortunately...

Reminds me of when I went to see the Solar eclipse on 11th August 1999 - travelled to Falmouth - it rained there too!
Such is Life, I suppose!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Bwaha, English weather wins again.

Was a lovely clear night down here, looked fantastic. Those still images really can't come close to doing it justice. It is an extremely surreal sight, first to see a shadow fall across the moon. Then it glowing red in the sky.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
ok the good ole bbc has some good photos of the moon laste night here's the links

Most UK skywatchers will have been left disappointed during Tuesday night's total eclipse of the Moon.
Cloudy skies meant the event, which was already under way as the Moon rose, would only have been seen by a few.

For those who did snatch a glimpse, a dim reddish-brown disc was visible climbing above the south-east horizon.

Areas in the east of England had the best chance of spotting the eclipse but cloud swathes of Scotland, Northern Ireland and south-west England.

Links
BBC
Cloudy skies dash eclipse hopes
sky at night

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yup, scuppered by British weather. Here in Norwich, UK, the clouds covered exactly half thge sky for that hour. Can you guess which half?

Grrr.

Thanks for the link SE7EN

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by Zzub]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join