It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Dahlia: The Case Reviewed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Myth you have done yourself proud! Another incredible story, with

extremly good reading and writing! The case analogies of these women

have intertwining similarities to them. very intriguing to say the least,

keep up the good work! star & flag!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

Thank you for the kind words. I too have begun to see a pattern with Anna Nicole, Marilyn Monroe and Beth Short. All had love taken away from them. All grew up without a dad. The similarities are odd to say the least. Thanks for you continued support!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here are some more theories:

George Hodel

Former LAPD Detective Steve Hodel outlines in his book, BLACK DAHLIA AVENGER, collections of evidence he’s found in the Black Dahlia case. Hodel’s theory points to his father, George Hodel, a surgeon.

In 1949, Dr. Hodel was tried for molestation of his 14-year-old daughter, Tamar. He was acquitted of that charge, however, he was added to the short list of suspects in the murder of Beth Short. His phones were tapped, and the younger Hodel presents transcripts of comments his father made in reference to the case. Hodel presents the statements, such as, “What if I did kill (her)?” as admittance, and opponents of this theory look at the comments being made in jest, believing the doctor was teasing police.

Hodel’s theory is the most prominent, as well as the most controversial. He has backing from former LA prosecuter Stephen R. Kay (who stated in a Cold Case Files interview that he was positive Hodel’s claims are accurate). However, Steve Cooley, of the LA District Attorney’s office said he wouldn’t spend any amount of money investigating the accusations.

Beth Short

[edit on Jun 22nd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
And this on of Jack Wilson:

John Gilmore’s SEVERED was the first book to discuss in detail the life and death of Beth Short. Gilmore wasn’t new to the case when he sat down to investigate and write. His father was an LAPD cop at the time of Beth’s murder.

Having the name Short in is own family tree, Gilmore explains that at age 11, he met Beth - she had visited his grandmother’s house to inquire about possible relations.

Gilmore fingerpoints Jack Wilson, an alcoholic with a rap sheet (robbery, sodomy, lewd behavior), as a suspect. In an interview in the 1980s, 6-foot-4 Wilson, who was 27 at the time of Beth’s demise, reportedly divulged information that only the killer could have known. Wilson also relayed information that may have tied him to involvement in the Georgette Bauerdorf murder, which took place months before Beth’s slaughter.

A few days before his arrest, Wilson perished in a fire.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Just bumpin' your thread for you man. I really do not have much to say as I do not know much about this case but your research is INPECABLE.

We need you in the UFO forums!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Perhaps I will swing by the UFO board, I know they have interesting theories that just make your head spin. I will have a look. Thanks for the compliments and the bump for the thread. I did find this:

Years after the murder of Elizabeth Short on January 14, 1947, author, John Gilmore, wrote a book entitled The Tuscon Murders. After his book was published a man by the name of Jack Anderson Wilson contacted Gilmore and told him he wanted to talk about the murder of the Black Dahlia. Wilson was a convicted sodomist. He eventually agreed to allow a tape recording of his story. Wilson's story was eventually recorded with on hitch, he spoke in the third person so that everything he said was hearsay and not admissible in a court of law. Wilson claimed a person by the name of Al Morrison killed the Black Dahlia. Gilmore took the tape recording of Wilson to Detective John St. John. After listening to the tape several times St. John was convinced that Wilson was Morrison and that Wilson knew more about the murder of the Black Dahlia than the police did. St. John became convinced that Jack Anderson Wilson had killed the Black Dahlia but he needed corroborating evidence to make an arrest.

I found this website, it has some interesting theories and evidence.

Corroborating Evidence

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Willson was the Torso Killer? whoa,Myth
I need more evidence before I believe this I can see him as Beth's murderer but not the Torso Killer.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

More evidence? I will provide you with a plethora of evidence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22512e1667f1.jpg[/atsimg]

In 1938, the Cleveland Torso Murders "officially" ended. In part do to the Butcher all of a sudden stopping. In December of that year a letter was sent by someone in Los Angeles to Cleveland Police Chief Matowitz, now the Chief was livid to try and catch this Butcher, but never succeeded. The letter read in part: "You can rest easy now as I have come out to sunny California for the winter." Jack Anderson Wilson spent his early years in Canton, Ohio near Cleveland. He was at the Cleveland Great Lakes Exposition in 1936, during the Cleveland Torso Murders. Wilson first appeared in Los Angeles in the late 1930's. Thats right Wilson was not in Los Angeles until the late 1930's, when the letter was sent.

Wilson lived in this area:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34d50c0b2de1.jpg[/atsimg]

Now the map is very regressed in the area of the Butchers murders. The Butcher killed many more people in the area and the surrounding areas.

On October 12, 1944, socialite Georgette Bauerdorf was found lying face down in her bathtub in her apartment on Fountain Street in Los Angeles. She had been raped as she lay dying. A tall man with a limp dressed like a soldier was seen near her abandoned car shortly after the murder. Los Angeles Detective Al Hutchinson suspected a soldier, about 6'4", who walked with a limp that the victim dated "until she though he was a bad egg". Sheriff's files identified the soldier as Jack A. Wilson "DOB 8/5/20 other 8/5/24." Some Los Angeles detectives thought the murder of Georgette Bauerdorf was connected to the murder of the Black Dahlia. Status: unsolved.

Here is some more evidence/ Similarities between Wilson and the Butcher (Cleveland to Los Angeles)

CLEVELAND
1. Man fingered as the killer of Cleveland Torso Victim, Flo Polillo by a lady in the Cleveland Workhouse (Flo Polillo and other Torso Victims are dismembered). The man fingered was: Jack Wilson

2. Person the lady in the Workhouse identified as a Sodomist: Jack Wilson

3. Person the lady in the Workhouse identified as a former butcher: Jack Wilson

4. Seventeen-year-old boy who worked at the Great Lakes Exposition in 1936, identified by the Cleveland detectives as a possible suspect in the Cleveland Torso murders: Last name: "Wilson"

5. Cleveland Torso Victims: "expertly dismembered"

6. Cleveland Torso Murders "officially end": 1938

7. Letter to Cleveland Police Chief Matowitz from Los Angeles: December 23, 1938

8. Additional Torso Murders in Pennsylvania, not far from Cleveland and close to the New York Central Railroad Line: 1939-1942

9. After 1942 Torso Murders in Pennsylvania stop

LOS ANGELES
1. Person being investigated for the murder of the Black Dahlia by Los Angeles Detective John St. John: Jack Anderson Wilson-a/k/a Jack Wilson

2. Los Angeles Police records indicate he was a convicted Sodomist:
Jack Anderson Wilson----a/k/a Jack Wilson

3. Lived in Canton, Ohio near Cleveland during his early years. The New York Central travels near Canton, Ohio to where the Torso Murders occured: Jack Anderson Wilson----a/k/a Jack Wilson

4. Has been placed in Cleveland in 1936 during the Great Lakes Exposition: Jack Anderson Wilson----a/k/a Jack Wilson

5. Black Dahlia: Expertly severed with the "finesse of a surgeon"

6. First appears in Los Angeles in late 1930's: Jack Anderson Wilson --a/k/a Jack Wilson

7. 1942: Re-appears in Los Angeles as Grover Loving, Jr.: Jack Anderson Wilson-----a/k/a Jack Wilson

8. Refers to use of a butcher knife in his tape recorded message:
Jack Anderson Wilson-----a/k/a Jack Wilson

9. In the same paragraph that he mentions a butcher knife he refers to "dismemberment" in his tape recorded message even though the Black Dahlia wasn't dismembered: Jack Anderson Wilson----a/k/a Jack Wilson

The Black Dahlia. The Connection

Excellent READ! 100% needs to be read and they make a pretty damn good case. Let me know what you think!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Excellent research and addition to your thread. It seems like you are covering everything here.

Again, just bumping the thread, I tend to believe good, well presented threads should be constantly bumped. So here I am,lol.

As far as your evidence, I mean evidence does not lie so I think the answer is obvious if one looks at the evidence, just like in UFO cases it is no different here.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for the bump and kind words. I agree with you evidence does not lie and if it does its not evidence..lol.. did that even make sense? Anyway, the research is getting deeper with every search. I think the killer was The Butcher a.k.a Jack Wilson. The evidence says so and thats what the evidence presents. I think we may have a solid conclusion here.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Good work again Myth!! the evidents surely points to Jack. Thanks for

the update! one question, did they positively identify the body in that

fire to be Jacks?? just wondering. Another Star for you!!
:

[edit on 23-6-2009 by truth/seeker]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

As far as I know they did. They did an autopsy on him, so thats what makes me say yes. However, since DNA was not used then. They just cremated him and now he have no DNA to test with anyone. What a shame, what have been interesting..

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Great thread...again. Star and flagged!

I didn't catch how the Butcher died?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Thank you for the kind words! And the Star and Flag!

Well, no one really knows who the Butcher was. However, as I have speculated, the Butcher was Jack Wilson who died in a Fire in his Hotel. The evidence points to Jack Wilson.

[edit on Jun 23rd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

However, as I have speculated, the Butcher was Jack Wilson who died in a Fire in his Hotel. The evidence points to Jack Wilson.

Ahh, okay. I must have missed it. Well, regardless of whether he was the actual killer of her, karma bit his butt in a big way!

I asked you a question on your wonderful dimension thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Hurm, Interesting indeed at the very least Wilson can be a main suspect in the Torso Killings and according to all the available evidence he is the Black Dahlia Murder.Myth,you may need to post a case review on the Torso Killings.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I considered that, make it like a co-relating thread. I just may have to, it appears that we may have our killer. Good jon team!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Are you an investigative reporter or are you working up a non-fiction book? You are on a good way towards developing a book on the many cases you have opened up here on ATS!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Another excellent thread. Good work.

From the autopsy report it appears that most of her injuries were postmortem, the dismemberment, the facial cutting and the laceration to her breast, the cuts show no signs of discolouration around the edges, indicating she was already dead when she was mutilated. Either someone 'playing' or someone attempting to fake a ritual murder or what they think a ritual murder might look like.

Also, from the autopsy, it states she had advanced tooth decay. Was she a heroin user?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by KilgoreTrout]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Thanks for the kind words. Kilgore! They mean a lot.

As far as I know she never did drugs. But tooth decay could have been caused by many things back then. They were not, well hyginated.. But luckily that changed.

[edit on Jun 26th 2009 by TheMythLives]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join