It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sushi in the sky with tadpoles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Sushi in the sky with tadpoles

www.abc.net.au

Meteorologists in Japan are puzzled by a recent series of downpours - not heavy rain, but fish and tadpoles falling from the sky.

Japan may be deep in recession and facing a crucial election, and just over the horizon North Korea may be threatening to fire a missile overhead, but animals raining from the heavens is headline news.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Tadpoles rain down on Japan

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/21/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This was mentioned before in the related thread, but it is interesting that they still haven't figured out the source of the marine creatures raining down upon Japan. The idea that birds are dropping this quantity of fish is rather hard to believe.

Japan is in the middle of its annual rainy season, but this mystery of the fish and frogs falling from the sky is a long way from being solved.

A sign of things to come?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/21/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Now this is something to keep an eye on, definately different, and unusual. I will be watching this closely.

I love your avatar Shere Khaan

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Really!?! ................. Well, I am stumped there, lol.....

mabey instead of chemtrails it is fish tails to make them think it is some prophecy comming true????

Are they still alive when they land???

Is there video of this????

Ummmmm did anyone check to see if they are frozen or have freezer burn???

Sounds fishy to me..lol....parden the pun!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Yeah i'm scouring the net now for more stories on this; definitaly an eye opener if it is true.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is actually a very old and well documented phenomenon worldwide, throughout history. It was the rain of strange objects and substances throughout history that made Charles Fort decide to study and document such things.

Everything from fish, tadpoles, frogs, and insects to viable seeds, edible grain, pieces of metal, blocks of ice, strange jelly, even blood has been recorded as falling from the skies.

Animal Rains
Weird Rains

The generally accepted explanation, when science actually bothers to try, is a whirlwind or waterspout sucking up the animals, flinging them through the air, and causing them to fall elsewhere. However, it is a very weak answer. It does not explain how such things can be selective and only suck up one species, usually at the same stage of development, and not suck up things in the environment such as plant and other matter.

It is one of those enduring mysteries of nature, one that no one has been able to give a rational explanation for.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

very interesting...lol love the avatar.....

I just can't figure it out in my head how or why.......

unless the eggs of ceratin species are so small or light weight that they get trapped in the atmosphere during these whirlwinds long enough to develope to a stage where they then fall maybe???

I dunno!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes Skadi, that is what I'm finding so far, but no pics or vids of this latest in Japan.

An I dea though, during the previous monsoon, frogs could have laid thier eggs and with the new monsoon rains the ground is softening up enough for the tadpoles to hatch and come to the surface. Just an Idea as I'm no scientist.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear
Yes Skadi, that is what I'm finding so far, but no pics or vids of this latest in Japan.

An I dea though, during the previous monsoon, frogs could have laid thier eggs and with the new monsoon rains the ground is softening up enough for the tadpoles to hatch and come to the surface. Just an Idea as I'm no scientist.

ohh that is a good theory too I'd say!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

It's as good a theory as any that has been brought forth. It would be interesting to see what species of frog these tadpoles will become, and discover where the native range is.

Of course, there are always the uber exotic and no less valid explanations: teleportation, dimensional gateways, spontaneous replenishment, ect.

I have several books dedicated to high weirdness such as this. I remember several reports of falls often being beneficial. Like in many cases, fish that fell was found to be fresh and extremely tasty (one prison in Pennsylvania was hit by a shower of bearded mussels, which the prisoners happily collected, salted, and ate) as well as people growing fantastic gardens from mysterious rains of seeds.

maybe the Japanese should test these fish out and see if they do indeed make good Sushi. It can't hurt!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Fish and tadpoles in lakes or rivers could be brought into sky by cyclone, then fall together with rain. It happened before.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Pretty strange stuff! But I do remember this happening before, in the 70's and it was said to be caused by evaporation during a drought. Sucked the eggs up and delivered the born fish and tadpoles back to earth with the rain.

top topics

join