It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a break!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
well if the man wasnt up for the challenge and wants to blame everything on the past presidents, i feel he should stop crying about it and unseat himself.

anyhow, you must either love obama or be a disinfo agent, as most people including my 6 year old daughter has seen that this man is a wolf in sheeps clothing, and has nothing good instore for americans.

but keep your faith and keep waiting for that ladder of change to happen as you sit in the deep well of lies and deceicts, waiting for your master to give you a house and a new car!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't blame him anymore than I blame Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, etc, etc. on down the line since the Federal Reserve took over the country in 1913.

Isn't it funny that the Federal Reserve Act was voted in when 1/3 of the senate was on vacation over Christmas when all of the opposition to the bill was away on vacation? Isn't it funny that the Federal Reserve is an unelected private bank that has full reign to manipulate interest rates, print money on a whim, and basically run our country's entire financial stystem?

Isn't it funny that the next year after that the income tax law came into effect? Isn't it funny that the 16th amendment somehow still stands, even when the supreme court ruled that it should NOT grant government any new powers about personal income taxes on wages, and that this amendment was not even properly ratified by all the states?

But what matter, they can just stend in the Gestapo, I mean the IRS, to your door and force you to pay them. Never mind the law or the constititution when armed thugs can force the people to pay their yearly tribute to the puppet masters.

I wonder if we pay incomes taxes for the sole purpose of paying for the interest on the money the Federal Reserve loans to us? I wonder if all the paper the FED prints makes everyone else poorer and poorer because of inflation, while all the while it makes the global elites richer and richer?

And I wonder if all of this came straight out of the Communist Manifesto as a means of control?

Ain't it funny that while we have more and more laws restricting freedoms due to "terrorism" and what not, there are never ANY laws giving us more freedom?

Everything is "take take take" from the government, without any "give give give" back to us and without any regard to the Constitution. And that will never change as long as the Federal Reserve holds power, it will only get worse I'm afraid.

I can't believe there is anyone on ATS that actually think the president utters a word without approval from their FED & NWO puppet masters. Yet I read through 5 pages of Republican/Democrat b.s. arguing the same tired points and who is better between Bush and Obama, as if there is actually a significant difference between them. (Ok not all of it was of this nature, but enough of it was to make me comment)

Look, if the president is NOT taking action against the Federal Reserve and supports them and what they are doing, then he is an NWO puppet. It really is that simple. What don't you people understand about this? The proof is here, there, and everywhere throughout history. From Wilson to Roosevelt to Ike to JFK to (an extent) Reagan to Ron Paul, all have made comments alluding to the banking cabal ruling the roost (some supported it, some against).

And Obama supports the FED just like the rest of them. He wants to give them more power, using the financial crisis that THEY manipulated, as grounds to give the FED more and more power. Wants to increase the size of the government so the FED puppet masters will gain even more power legally, more ways to circumvent the constitution.

Men like Brzezinski, Kissinger and Rockefeller, and most importantly their international "nobility" and banking friends (and I'm still 50/50 on whether the Vatican is at the top of it all) hold the power. And they keep what they have, while gaining more and more of it, because if they control the White House, then they are commanders of the world's most advanced military.

And when somebody gets brave and actually tries to stand up for what he truly believes in, to give power back to where it truly belongs (ie - the people) what happens to them?

Not sure, but my guess is that they will spend eternity in a grave along side JFK....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
My goodness! There are so many bad things comming together in this country right now, I don't know who could fix everything, does someone here have anyone in mind?

Ron Paul?

Ok, maybe he couldn't fix everything, but at least he was honest about that. Remember during the debates when he said that he would leave these banks fail because propping them up would only make matters worse in the future. He claimed that America had overspent and was greedy, and the only way to fix it would be not to spend, and therefore we would have tough times for a while but then things would get better. In other words, as you pointed out, greed was the cause so we need to stop being greedy.

Obama on the other hand has spent WAY more, thereby being greedier. The other difference is that Obama claimed he would be able to fix everything (as did all of the other candidates) and we wouldn't have to go through tough times. See, no one wanted to listen to Ron Paul, because he was realistic and told everyone he had a solution but it would be painful for a while. As an aside, as soon as Obama was elected, the first thing he said was not to expect miracles from him, even though thats exactly what he promised.

I remember in one of the debates after the Fannie Freddie bailout, it was supposed to be a foreign policy debate. Because of the economic situation, the first question asked was something like because the economy is going to suck now, which of your programs will you cut back on. You know what Obama and McCain said? That all of their programs were important. Yep, just more promises.

So if this man got elected over someone with real solutions to our problems by claiming to be able to miraculously fix everything, and then he can't come through with the results, I'm certainly not giving him a break.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
-double post-

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Grambler]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Obama said while giving a speech at the University of Notre Dame said let us agree not to agree on certain things, and let us not try to change each others point of view...in regard to abortion vs pro life. WHAT!!? No way...I have the right to tell you if I think something is wrong and might need to be changed. I will never agree not to talk about it. If the patriots were told not to talk about taxation without representation...the american revolution might never had happened. If abolitionists were not allowed to talk about the evil of slavery...we might still have slave states. He does not have to agree with me but he has no right to tell what not to believe think or say.

Persuasive free speech needs to stay FREE!!! Contrary to Comrade Obamas fascist rhetoric.

Obama said we need to accept the 911 official story as truth and no conspiracy theories will be tolerated. Finding evidence that someone has conspired to act in a manner which benefits them and hurts others used to be called detective work or journalism...no we are called crazy conspriacy theorists.

Obama is not a good leader. He is not following the rules. He is not respecting the office ...he is changing the face of the usa into somethng more live a soviet program. Learn your history before you defend people like him.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
anyhow, you must either love obama or be a disinfo agent

Pretty limiting choices I should think. Narrow options as in narrow-minded.

as most people including my 6 year old daughter has seen that this man is a wolf in sheeps clothing, and has nothing good instore for americans.

It is highly doubtful a 6 year old could grasp the implications and complexities of presidential politics. (Unless, of course, she is being indoctrinated with bias and intolerance at an early age.)

You'd be well advised not to introduce junior family members into your debate lest you purposely intend to expose them to your faltering battle.

Regards...KK

[edit on 22-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Heh this thread made me laugh
This is a conspiracy website, we're always going to find mistakes the Presidents do, no matter who is in charge. Tell me what has he done to make you so proud, huh?

Obama has not made those holes in the bucket smaller but made them drastically bigger (especially the deficit). Someone made a pretty extensive list of what he's done wrong and I bet you didn't know half that stuff? Reason being the Media worships this guy, loves everything he does, there is only one station (Fox) that doesn't like him. Even they don't report the whole truth.

Obama has done some good things, I'll give him credit on a few, but the problem is he is continuing the same policies, and breaking promises. Wouldn't you be mad if you found out your treasury secretary (among many many others) cheated on his taxes, and wasn't held accountable for it?

Face it dude, this guy is no better than Bush, he did the deeds and we will hold him accountable, we're about the only people in this country that will.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
Obama said while giving a speech at the University of Notre Dame said let us agree not to agree on certain things, and let us not try to change each others point of view...in regard to abortion vs pro life. WHAT!!? No way...I have the right to tell you if I think something is wrong and might need to be changed.

What he is saying is that we shouldn't push our beliefs on other people. Abortion is a moral as well as religious topic. The government cannot endorse one religion over another, and it is wrong for us to force religious beliefs upon others.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Obama has got it made. No other president came into office and was handed trillions of dollars to spend as he wishes.

Besides he was voted into office by the people that want America to stand down and let the rest of the world take care of itself.

Talk about not having the big pressure that most other presidents had, the whole world on their shoulders. Obama only needs wine and dine with world leaders, that's a tough job.

Obama is ruler of the most prosperous country in the world, which for the most part works best when there is less government tampering. So if Obama spends more time wining and dining in other countries that's ok.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by gdeed]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Slavery was a moral and religious choice too...why was that ok to talk about? Freedom from the King was a moral and religious choice too, under the king we had to follow the church of England...

Speech is not FREE if some, ANY, topics are forbidden.

Just because something is controversial means we need to be persuasive more that ever. Both sides of a controversial issue can not be correct. That is why we have a court of law. Laws can be amended by reasonable people if they see fit to do so. But laws can not be amended if speech is not free. President Obama is asking us not to use our brains to not think- not investigate.

I did not mention this to bring up the pro choice debate...this is not the thread for that...but to point out his abhorent statements about how he does not like free speech. It is hard to believe he is American at all much less president.

The president does not want us to think freely...he says he will not tolerate it. That should alarm you as someone who is here at ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Originally posted by War Otter
What I can't understand is the virulence of the Obama-bashing, it's only been 6 months.

To understand the virulence of the Obama-bashing you need only look at the last few years of Bush bashing. The Bush-haters tore away any remaining shred of civility in the political discourse in the country. Have you forgotten the people making movies about Bush's assassination?

Now these same people talk of civility and respect. HA! It will be a cold day you know where when I show any respect to these hyper-partisans or anyone they support.

Wish I could give you many stars for your "tell it like it is" post.

Sadly, many of us predicted this would happen, and even worse that a "tit for tat" feedback loop has been created where after obama is defeated in 2012 his supporters will attack the new president with all the fury they can muster. And so on, and so on ...

This infighting will end up paralyzing the country until down it all comes. Rome all over again ...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
posted on 22-6-2009 @ 03:08 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

anyhow, you must either love obama or be a disinfo agent

Pretty limiting choices I should think. Narrow options as in narrow-minded.

as most people including my 6 year old daughter has seen that this man is a wolf in sheeps clothing, and has nothing good instore for americans.

It is highly doubtful a 6 year old could grasp the implications and complexities of presidential politics. (Unless, of course, she is being indoctrinated with bias and intolerance at an early age.)

You'd be well advised not to introduce junior family members into your debate lest you purposely intend to expose them to your faltering battle.

Regards...KK

kinda kurious, ic that your avatar makes a great depiction of your sound quick witted, humor!
to make a common sentence with some common sense, my 6 year old daughter asked me if obama was a wolf, because his actions seem a little bit like red riding hood.
so not to slam you out of the park here, but if my daughter can figure this out, then again pretty much anyone and everyone that has ever had a bit of sense, knows what he is up too!
so i ask, what has obama done, that keeps you frothing out of both sides of your mouth, as i have noticed in a couple of your other posts?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
Everyone has to stop blaming everything on a few and wake up to the fact that your friend who is 50,000 in credit card debt spent all on trinkets, boozing and crapola with nothing to show for it is JUST as much a part of the problem.....

Wake up! this is EVERYONES fault..... EVERYONE who has been overly materialistic and waistful etc....

WRONG!
It's not everybody, even though you would obviously like it to be.

I for one don't have all of your accused fiscal failings.
No credit card debt. I've got one for emergencies and it is paid off.
My car is five years old but it has low mileage and is paid off.
My house isn't a huge piece of eye candy and is 30 years old but it is in good condition in a nice neighborhood and I take good care of it. I pay extra on the principal every month. It will be paid off in 15 years, not 30.

I had a bad divorce years ago and was deep in debt but never filed bankruptcy. I paid all of the bills off by working a THIRD job.

Child support. Fully paid.

Taxes. Fully paid.

Extras? Not many because I have this pesky habit of paying my debts and taking care of my business.

Sorry, but you are wrong. There are plenty of people out there who are responsible and pay their debts.

I for one am fed up with the "It's everybodys fault." copout.

I don't need to spend money I don't have to live to somebody elses standards and I know others who don't either.

It's not everybodys fault.

Some of us actually believe in accountability instead of copouts.

And I definitly don't remember anybody I know who actually supports the concept of putting us into permanent debt to the fed by spending TRILLIONS on crap that won't help the citizens but will put the last arrow into the heart of our failing economy. Then of course there are the tens of trillions we have in interest to pay the fed over the next half century. Don't forget that little bit of fiscal genius.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
Obama said while giving a speech at the University of Notre Dame said let us agree not to agree on certain things, and let us not try to change each others point of view...in regard to abortion vs pro life. WHAT!!? No way...I have the right to tell you if I think something is wrong and might need to be changed.

What he is saying is that we shouldn't push our beliefs on other people. Abortion is a moral as well as religious topic. The government cannot endorse one religion over another, and it is wrong for us to force religious beliefs upon others.

Oh, you're back. For a while there, I thought you had been run off your own thread by all the people who thought it was naive and almost childish.

I'm wondering if it isn't also wrong for the obama government to force its economic beliefs such as high taxes, taking away 2nd amendment rights, government health care and all the other things people have listed previously in this thread on the rest of us?

[edit on 6/22/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

so i ask, what has obama done, that keeps you frothing out of both sides of your mouth, as i have noticed in a couple of your other posts?

Just to make you feel right at home I am composing my response while listening to Dueling Banjos from the movie "Deliverance."

The only thing on my mouth is a big fat smile that America finally has a President with brains, class and dignity. Hopefully he can restore America to the forefront at home and abroad.

It is the Obama bashers that are frothing. You might want to visit that big building downtown with all the books, it's called a library. There you will find a dictionary. I suggest you look up frothing at the mouth. While you are there, I further suggest you research the underlying theme and true intent by The Brothers Grimm as to the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Not exactly a Disney fairy tale.

Regards and please learn to use the quote function.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I see a lot of threads bashing Obama......

Seriously, give the guy a break!

George Bush was given a full bucket with no holes in it, to fairly distribute water to the people and organizatioons who needed it....

He then proceeded to DUMP the bucket, and then fill it full of holes so that it couldn't be filled up again.

Obama now has to not only PATCH UP each hole individually, but then he has to wait for the bucket to fill back up.

I would like to see ANYONE else do a better job, and stay a good guy, and HUMAN while trying to accomplish the task of the mess he was left with.

I am a Candaian, and the whole North American Union was the biggest blow to my pride ever because of not wanting to be associated with the Bush mess...

Now that Barak is here, I feel proud again.....like Canda being attatched to our American Neighbours and family is something I can be proud of now, instead of sad and ashamed when it was Bush...

ALSO, by the way, Bush and those before him put all the crap in place, NOT Obama.....

He is disgusted by their Nazi crap too, and is your best bet at being saved from the agenda that was in place.

Send him some positive energy for crying out loud...

I know it has been a while, but you finally have a president again who is on YOUR side for once!

Too much is unknown about this character to give him a break. He can not speak and answer technical questions without a tele or a bug in his ear.

A community organizer from the slums of chicago to congress, to senate, and to POTUS? Who in history has achieved this before without being handpicked and placed there?

What do you really know about this man other than what has been on ABC and NBC news?

Here is a really good question that someone brought up on here a while back.

Obama traveled to Pakistan in 1981. What country was he passport from?

If you can tell me this, then I will be eager to learn more about this man.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
lol your too funny kinda kurious. again i ask you what has obama done that has you foaming out of the mouth, and you explain he is the first good president
gag.

since your not answering my question i see that you have not one thing but your pride and dignity, so very well then, just dont crud in my wheaties when i could run over you with a train with the things this man has said he would do, but renigged on! from the transparency of government, to blaming bush for putting the united states in the worst debt in history in less than 6 months, without nothing to show for it!

cya around. just curious why a creature of your stature would lower yourself to a insect?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by burth179

Yup that is what I am saying....this problem goes wayyyy back, and isn't it the definition of insanity doinghte same things over and over and expecting different results?

that is why I say we have to get our own crap together and leave the whole system in the dust so it can be replaced by by cleaner living, less materialism, less greed, etc.....and less personal debt etc, etc etc, etc....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

you are just missing the point. It is not about ONE man...it is an entire society and system that dosen't work...period.

Less money for war? GOOOOOOD

Less insurance scams???? GOOOOOOD

Bettter realtions with other countries....GOOOOOOD

there is a wealth of wisdom in this thread already.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Me too debt free, never had a loan or credit card...

But like I said you rneighbor and many of HIS neighbours are anywhere from $50,000 to $500,000 in debt......some mabey even $500,000,000 sooooo they my friend HUGE conrtibuters to your debt and problems...

All those unpaid student loans, business loans, credit cards....it all adds up pretty fast.

and most of it sepnt on glitz, glam, frivlle, and pollution, booze, WAIST......

So mabey everyone in those categories should take some personal responsibility as well???

It is basically same poop, different pile....same poop, different sized piles....

[edit on 23-6-2009 by mellisamouse]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join