It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a break!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

you forgot,he's borrowed more money in the last 6 months,than the country has in the last 30 years.

so don't give me the "i don't get no respect" crap...this guy has an agenda.
and it doesn't include the US surviving.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

I never meant to imply he did anything great, I mean that he is one hell of a crappy position that probably NO ONE could do good in, so him, or any other face in his position should be given a break, and we should focus more on our individual power etc....

The more we do THIS, the less and less power they have, and we take things back.

You seem to be implying in your last sentence that less government power is good, therefore you acknowledge that the government is largely responsible for the crappy position we are in. If thats the case, why should we give anyone who represents the same people who put us in the crappy position a break? You have yet to respond to anyone of the many criticisms against Obama, so why should he be given a break?

The argument that we need to take individual power and therefore we shouldn't criticize those in charge because its a hard job would make sense, but there is one small problem; these are the people that created the problem!! We are killing innocent people in unjust wars because our government, we are becoming broke as a country because our government, and Obama is making everything worse. So why cut him a break?

Lets use an example. I think that each of us as individuals should strive to fight racism, and that would be the best way to deal with it. Under your logic, I would have to give the racists out their a break, because its a tough job being a racist. Just like the average racists is responsible for contributing to overall racism, Obama is responsible for making the situation he inherited worse. Both of these people should be held accountable for these actions, even if individual action is also good.

Lastly, you seem to be back tracking. You started off by saying you are now proud of your neighbors because of Obama. This implies that you disliked the past adminstration, I agree with you in that it sucked. Yet you have yet to respond to the many posts that are showing how Obama is almost the same if not worse than Bush. Instead you say you meant individual action is good. You even admit he hasn't done anything great. So why the sudden pride?

It sounds to me as if you jumped the gun thinking Obama was awesome without looking into the facts, and instead looking just at his image. Remember to always keep an open mind and to not judge a book by its cover, even if the cover is awesome.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Well.... mabey the gun was jumped a bit..... BUT,

I will have to look into some of those claims first, but I still agree with some of the things people looked at as BAD things..

I agree with the govenment insurance, instead of having private companies take advantage of people, OR going bankrupt because they can't afford to insure the clients etc...

I agree with cutting the war and weapons budget COMPLETLEY...

As for the "spending"...... isn't it for the purpose of getting a bigger return on the dollars spent, as another poster mentioned???

and YES, it has taken YEARS and YEARS to get in this mess, so how can one guy take the entire brunt of a wrong and failed system???

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Obama doesn't deserve a break. He'll get a break when he does something right, which will probably never happen because he doesn't know what he's doing. I seem to remember a video clip from before the election of someone asking people what Obama's done over the past few years and they couldn't name a single thing. They voted for him simply because they liked him.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It is not just ALLLLLLL the governments fault.....

It is credit card debts......

Interest...

LOW LOW wages, that a lot of businesses impose on their employees not just some "government"....

Student loans.....

Business loans.....

Monopolies.........

Everyone has to stop blaming everything on a few and wake up to the fact that your friend who is 50,000 in credit card debt spent all on trinkets, boozing and crapola with nothing to show for it is JUST as much a part of the problem.....

Wake up! this is EVERYONES fault..... EVERYONE who has been overly materialistic and waistful etc....

Ok, rant over.... I'll wait for the arrows now and see how many I can deflect...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Actually, it's kind of the banks' fault, too. They gave loans out to people who couldn't pay them back. So yes, some people shouldn't have asked for loans, but the banks shouldn't have given them out.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Actually, it's kind of the banks' fault, too. They gave loans out to people who couldn't pay them back. So yes, some people shouldn't have asked for loans, but the banks shouldn't have given them out.

Very true....

It is the whole system that has gotta go.....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The haters will hate regardless of the outcome. Lets see some of them go bankrupt fighting health care problems and still claim universal care is 'evil'. Let's see them not invest a cent in science, technology and education -where would that get us? These red state right wing freaks want to turn the entire country into a dilapidated trailer park with several key mega church nodes that control it all. The list goes on. They hate and they have ZERO answers or solutions. They 'know it all' but can't do anything other than bitch & moan about Obama. Obama moves forward with a mix of solid solutions and educated gambles.. It takes balls of steel to do it and it's success WILL NOT happen overnight.. but hey that is the right wing mentality.. instant cro-magnon man immediate gratification is all they are capable of comprehending. They are subhuman so who could expect them to 'get it'.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by War Otter
The only reason I can think of for so many people to so virulently attack Mr. Obama so early and so often, is that they are afraid he will set back the conservatives in this country even further than Mr. Bush did.

The only reason I can think of for so many people to so virulently attack Mr. Obama is because he IS SCREWING UP THIS COUNTRY EVEN WORSE AND HE"S A LIAR

You have missed the fact that both conservatives and liberals (and everyone in between) are EXPOSING Obama's failures. It has nothing to do with Bush.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
The haters will hate regardless of the outcome.

You haven't read the thread, have you?
You haven't seen exactly why people don't like Obama.
Educate yourself. Read the reasons.
Then perhaps your posts will have some relevance.

These red state right wing freaks want to turn the entire country into a dilapidated trailer park with several key mega church nodes that control it all.

Actually that's what obama wants. He wants to 'redistribute the wealth' so that no one is able to have a better life then anyone else no matter how hard they work. His policies are the ones that would put everyone in trailer parks with several key mega 'civilian volunteer' centers (Obama's brown shirts) that would control it all.

Obama moves forward with a mix of solid solutions and educated gambles..

Wow .. here's one that is still drinking the koolaid. EXACTLY what are the 'solid solutions and educated gambles???' Obama has been making things worse ... and he's breaking all his promises .. and he's an exposed liar....

They are subhuman so who could expect them to 'get it'.

OY. Yep ... A perfect candidate for Obama's brown shirt squad. Anyone who doesn't blindly follow Obamessiah is SUBHUMAN. Makes it easy for the brute squad to squash those who aren't fully human ....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Banks didn't want to give bad loans, but they were forced to.

EXAMPLE - OBAMA sued Citibank and forced it to give bad loans.
This was while he was an ACORN lawyer.

Obama sued citibank

Case Name- Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank Fair Housing/Lending/Insurance
Docket / Court 94 C 4094 ( N.D. Ill. ) FH-IL-0011
State/Territory Illinois

Case summary

Plaintiffs filed their class action lawsuit on July 6, 1994, alleging that Citibank had engaged in redlining practices in the Chicago metropolitan area in violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), 15 U.S.C. 1691; the Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. 3601-3619; the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; and 42 U.S.C. 1981, 1982. Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendant-bank rejected loan applications of minority applicants while approving loan applications filed by white applicants with similar financial characteristics and credit histories. Plaintiffs sought injunctiverelief, actual damages, and punitive damages.

U.S. District Court Judge Ruben Castillo certified the Plaintiffs’ suit as a class action on June 30, 1995. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 322 (N.D. Ill. 1995). Also on June 30, Judge Castillo granted Plaintiffs’ motion to compel discovery of a sample of Defendant-bank’s loan application files. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 338 (N.D. Ill. 1995).

The parties voluntarily dismissed the case on May 12, 1998, pursuant to a settlement agreement.

Plaintiff’s Lawyers
Alexis, Hilary I. (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-7501 | FH-IL-0011-9000
Childers, Michael Allen (Illinois)
Clayton, Fay (Illinois)
Cummings, Jeffrey Irvine (Illinois)
Love, Sara Norris (Virginia)
FH-IL-0011-9000
Miner, Judson Hirsch (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-9000
Obama, Barack H. (Illinois)

Wickert, John Henry (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-9000

]I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”
— Barack Obama, Speech to ACORN, November 2007

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Just because it started under Bush and he opened the door to executive abuse, the man of hope and for the people first (as per campaign promises) doesn't have to follow what its predecessor did.

Have he changed anything? I guess permission transparency and now backing off of it is what we get.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I continue to support President Obama. Most Americans demand things fast. Instant gratification isn't fast enough. He has been in office less than 8 months. It took GWB 8 years to create the debacle we are in.

Those who complain about Obama are acting like accident victims who had a head on with a drunk driver, then fight the EMT's who show up to save them.

I like the man, given the choices we were offered.

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."

Regards...KK

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'll give Obama a break ............... When I break my foot off in his ass !!!!

I'm kidding, ... but really give the guy some room. If you put too much pressure on him he'll lose his composure and the blackness will come out. .... you guys saw what he did to that fly. You only pick up skills like that in the hood, .... where mofo's cant afford fly swatters. In fact, I'd like to see someone try to throw a shoe at my man, ....... because their bound to get stabbed with a pencil.

..... too much ?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My goodness! There are so many bad things comming together in this country right now, I don't know who could fix everything, does someone here have anyone in mind? Many of these problems are just caused by pure greed, and we all know this deep down.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Obama made grand promises to nation that was feeling down on its luck. He has underperformed since day one and he is finally starting to be held accountable. Nothing wrong with that. Look at how many CEO's and head coaches get fired and replaced on a regular basis for the same thing.

Reality bites for our CIC. Perhaps Barry should have interned in the White House before being appointed to his current position.

His failure is so bad that it must be a set up.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

No, he used the same bucket, just painted it a different color, slapped a change we believe in sticker on it and made more holes in it while just leaving the water hose on. But hey, he's a cool guy right?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

thanks for this threat...i feel the same way give him a break!Let the man do his job..he is my commander in chief.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I tell you all what, I will start giving President Obama a break when he starts giving the American people a break. We have been through the ringer financially for years and yet the man continues to dig into our pockets further. He is slowly becoming the big bully we all feared in school and he is picking us by our legs and shaking any loose change we have left on our persons.

See, we Americans, are pretty reasonable people for the most part; but when you start messing with our wallets we tend to get quite angry. Just ask the British about 200 years ago and I think they will validate my claim.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It just goes to show you will believe everything the media tells you. I don't know what the media is like in Canada, but it sounds like you guys are fed the same kind of B.S we are. Also, I really like how you generalize all Americans, based on their leader. "Bush is the POTUS, so I don't care for Americans, Obama is the POTUS, I want to be part of the North American Union!"
Obama is a media credited "messiah". I don't think he's a bad guy personally, but his whole persona is created not only by the media but I'm sure well sponsored by the powers that be. Obama did nothing spectacular before he became a senator, in fact you could question the circumstances on that, and he did nothing spectacular as a senator that matched the hype. But when he became a senator, the media told us to like him and they still do. Of course he would jump on the savior train, why wouldn't he?

He's a politician after all, and if it's going to get him where he wants to be then of course he's going to talk the part. But that's also the biggest problem, all of the so called promises, all of that talk, was just talk. I know that a president cannot do everything they say they want to do, they don't have that kind of power or at least they shouldn't, but when you go on a podium all over the country preaching the whole goofy message of change and people ate it up. But he has not honored his promises. All politicians lie to us, it's their way of life, we expect it, but Obama made a lot of people believe that he wasn't like that. How fooled they are! But he did make some big promises and given the level of his hype, he was expected to do those things right away (like he promised!). So many people were duped, including you, and if you want to drink all the Obama kool aid you want, then go for it, personally, I like my freedom.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join