It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a break!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I see a lot of threads bashing Obama......

Seriously, give the guy a break!

George Bush was given a full bucket with no holes in it, to fairly distribute water to the people and organizatioons who needed it....

He then proceeded to DUMP the bucket, and then fill it full of holes so that it couldn't be filled up again.

Obama now has to not only PATCH UP each hole individually, but then he has to wait for the bucket to fill back up.

I would like to see ANYONE else do a better job, and stay a good guy, and HUMAN while trying to accomplish the task of the mess he was left with.

I am a Candaian, and the whole North American Union was the biggest blow to my pride ever because of not wanting to be associated with the Bush mess...

Now that Barak is here, I feel proud again.....like Canda being attatched to our American Neighbours and family is something I can be proud of now, instead of sad and ashamed when it was Bush...

ALSO, by the way, Bush and those before him put all the crap in place, NOT Obama.....

He is disgusted by their Nazi crap too, and is your best bet at being saved from the agenda that was in place.

Send him some positive energy for crying out loud...

I know it has been a while, but you finally have a president again who is on YOUR side for once!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I will give you that he has no easy task.

I certainly do not envy him and the work that is on his plate. Of course, I wouldn't have wanted to be sitting in the White House on 9/12/01 either.

No President has it easy. Look at how fast their hair turns gray!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
People really have no reason to complain. It was either Obama as President, or John McCain dying in office and Sarah Palin taking over.

I think the choice was an obvious one.

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I like your bucket analogy.

Only a fool would dump MORE water (money) into a bucket that he KNOWS is full of holes.

No sympathy for Obama.There is no 'learning curve' for a presidency.

He either does the job or not. And truth be told, he's doing a horrible job. His press agency (ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/PBS/CNN) has been working overtime to boost up 'the glorious leader' and his poll numbers keep on dropping.

He is an embarassment to any American who wants freedom and less government.

Sorry you feel that way cousin, but he is a BIG mistake.

rant over

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Please tell us. What has he done that's so wrong?

You're gonna have to make some points if you're going to claim such a thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I voted for Obama and won't do so again. He has taken the holes in Bushes bucket and made them even larger.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper

1. transpasrency, going back on his word
2. Not raising taxes on anyone making over 250.000 a year-cigarrettes, cap in trade (pending) healthcare (pending)
3. Government control of Insurance companies, auto industry, financing industry
4. Naming a "pay" czar to determine pay for anyone in private sector
5. Cutting, yes cutting 10% of defense budget in the middle of a frackin' war
6. Increasing budget deficit to outstanding levels
7. Apology Tour 2009
8. Bad-mouthing AIG for bonuses while giving the go-ahead to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for their multi-million dollar bonuses.
9. No lobbyists in my administration-lie
10. Several tax cheats in his administration
11. Firing that Americorp Independant Investigator for looking into Obama donor
12. Project ACORN
13. Ignoring the Queen (our biggest and best ally) and bowing to a Saudi King
14. Enacting 'green' laws that benefit GE (Obama supporter)
15. Telling Israel to give Palestine its own state
16. DHS snafu about domestic terrorists
17. Closing Gitmo.

And these are just off the top of my head.

In two years you won't be able to recognize this country anymore.

IMHO

+2 more 
link   
I like the bucket bit too, but he didn't use the same bucket. He actually went ahead and bought a brand new bucket and punched bigger holes in it.

President Sotero thinks he can fix things by throwing other people's money at IT. In reality this will only make matters worse.

Obama is a big spender

Washington needs to stop the spending madness. The 3.69 trillion budget gives us a staggering new debt of 9.3 trillion. This is more debt than has been accumulated by all previous presidents from George Washington through the George W. Bush presidency.

Obama is the biggest spender to ever sit in the White House.

People are finally realizing this.

link   
That's perhaps the funniest thing I've seen here on ATS in a long time.

Wow, what kind of sentiment could bring about actual pity for this man?

And not to say he's not a good human being, but let's look at the facts here.

Obama campaigned on change. Said he could bring it, nobody else could. Now granted he didn't say how long it would take, or that it would be done really soon, but he said it.

And he won.

So in my brain, that means that HE has to do what he said he was going to do, regardless of the circumstances. It's not like he went into this thing blind. It's not like he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

He knew what problems he faced, he knew what kind of challenges were ahead of him and he SAID he had the solutions. Alright, well where are they?

I am sorry but I am also a Canadian, and I will give NO BREAK to a politician who is in charge of the free world, many of you may disagree, but the fact is that we follow the US, most nations to do to some extent anyway.

And if he wanted to step up to the plate, and sweep us all off our feet with promises of better decisions and transparency, then I expect those thigns from him or he's to be treated like any other dirty politican that has ever been.

It's simply the way these things work. Yes he's got a monumental challenge ahead of him, and he probably won't see a 2nd term due to that fact, but he made his bed, now he's got to sleep in it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
He is President of the US; he gets no breaks at all; not from me, not from the task(s) he has at hand.

He wanted the position, period. Well now he has it and he has to deal with the hand that was dealt him, just as every President before him has had to do.

I don't see the employment situation getting any better, I don't see the overall economic situation getting any better, I don't see any advances in international relationships, and I don't see any advances in education or healthcare.

Remember this?: Yes We Can!
Can WHAT???
Can spend taxpayer money to save failing businesses that, by the very nature of capitalism, should have been allowed to fail, and probably will anyway?
Can print more money as he spends it, thus devalueing the dollar even further than it already was?
Can march the sheeple down the road of rightousness, even though it is clearly marked 'Dead End: No Outlet'?
Can attempt to force more and more Federal control over the sovereignty of the states?

He gets no breaks from me...

link   
To use another bucket analogy. . . Bush tried to put out an economic fire using a bucket of gasoline.

Obama's solution, use a BIGGER bucket of gasoline.

+1 more 
link   

1) Quadrupled the debt in his 1st 100 days.
2) Took over 2 auto makers, and redefined who got what out of the banruptcy so that his buddies got the biggest pound of flesh over the bond holders who should have been first. Basicly he decided that contracts and current bancruptcy law doesn't apply to him. This means people are less likely to invest in companies if they now know that the laws about who gets what are subject to presidential whim.
3) Took over banks
4) Gave a billion to ACORN, who is being charged with thousands of counts of faking ballots for him in the last election.
5) Refuses to allow debate on topics that are critical to the country, ie health care.
6) Believes in redistributive gov't.
7) Doesn't agree with the 1st and 2nd ammendment and wants them scrapped.
8) Contrary to precedent he now only takes "questions" that are pre-approved at his press confrences. If honest questions and debate are blocked then it's not democracy.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
Give Obama a break!

Not a chance.

I see a lot of threads bashing Obama......

because he keeps screwing up.
because he keeps breaking his promises.
because he keeps getting caught with his pants down.
because .....

Obama now has to not only PATCH UP each hole individually, but then he has to wait for the bucket to fill back up.

He isn't fixing the holes, he's making them bigger and worse.

I would like to see ANYONE else do a better job,

When this country finally figures out that it should vote third party, you will.

If Jindal or Crist or Hillary or Richardson are in office in 2012 you'll see 'anyone' do a better job.

I am a Candaian,

figures. (no offense intrepid
)

Originally posted by mikerussellus
No sympathy for Obama.There is no 'learning curve' for a presidency.

Well said. And he knew the job would be tough but he agreed to it anyways. He made his bed and now he can lay in it.

Read the MANY threads that are exposing his errors.

Warning .. it'll take DAYS to read them all since there are so many mistakes and lies of his to expose.

[edit on 6/21/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
2008: YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN.
2012: No we couldn't, no we couldn't.

link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

How about already spending 1.8 trillion dollars since he became president, how about making the government bigger under an economic crisis, how about 1 more trillion to jump start a health care reform that will give power to big insurance to go after business and force them to give health care to employees or be penalized, still the 40% that is still uninsured due to been unemployed will not get insurance at all.

How about forgetting that he gave hope to the people to make them priority under his administration to take those priorities and prop the financial system at the expenses of the tax payer.

Hum what else, is so much he has done in 6 months is just amazing what he will do in the next 6.

link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I can see some of those as not so good, BUT may be an end to a means we can't yet understand?

As for the auto insurance, we do it that way up here and it is great..

War budget??? I think that is great too, start concentrating on sustainability and feeding his own country.....

Some of the other thins I also see as helping in the long run, and a few may have also been out of his hands as well....

Not all presidents are going to overstep their bounds and break laws like Bush....

he DOES have regulations he is forced to follow until he can turn thiongs around step y step through congress....

He DOES have to follow rules, even though Bush violated the rules, dosen't mean everyone else will etc...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Bush open the doors to any president after him to abuse executives powers, so don't say that Obama is bound by rules.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
reply to post by mikerussellus

I can see some of those as not so good, BUT may be an end to a means we can't yet understand?

As for the auto insurance, we do it that way up here and it is great..

War budget??? I think that is great too, start concentrating on sustainability and feeding his own country.....

Some of the other thins I also see as helping in the long run, and a few may have also been out of his hands as well....

Not all presidents are going to overstep their bounds and break laws like Bush....

he DOES have regulations he is forced to follow until he can turn thiongs around step y step through congress....

He DOES have to follow rules, even though Bush violated the rules, dosen't mean everyone else will etc...

Good for you auto-wise, but here, he's caused the loss of thousands of jobs
War budget? Win the war first, THEN cut the damn budget. That's like a car race where they start skimping on gas half-way thru a race!
What laws did Bush break?
Nope on regulations. Executive order is how he's doing it to avoid having the public know what he's doing.
What rules did Bush violate?

And just an aside here, no big fan of Bush but, can't we focus on Obama? He's the one in office now. Continuing to bash Bush is just a weak excuse for Obama's mistakes.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Give Obama a break!

No.

Because....

George Bush was given a full bucket with no holes in it, to fairly distribute water to the people and organizatioons who needed it.... He then proceeded to DUMP the bucket, and then fill it full of holes so that it couldn't be filled up again.

Bush is no longer President and you people STILL won't give HIM a break.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Am I the only ATSer smart enough to vote Nader? Or is that still not "cool" with the kids.

Hrm. Vote Independent. There's no justifiable reason to vote Repub/Dem, as they're basically the same party, and they have both been running the country into the ground, equally, for the last 3 decades

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join