It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For People who don't like us (Americans)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think I should clear something up here.

I know a lot of people don't like Americans - I hear it a lot, I see it a lot on this site and others, and frankly - I don't care.

But - I think there is a huge misconception the world over about us and what we think about other countries.

It's not that we think we're better than any other country. You'll never hear me say that - you won't hear my friends say that - hell - I fought to get a posting in Germany and can't wait to get over there so I can visit Europe. The real issue is that we just don't care about any of you.

It sounds bad - but look at it this way. If you live down the street from someone and they are having issues with their plumbing and their cat won't eat a certain type of food, and they are behind on their car payments, do you really care? lol - no.

I mean for Christ's sake - people in the US sometimes don't even care about other states in THE US!!!!! You expect us to really deeply care about some country half the size of Texas 4000 miles away? No!!! It's not that we're arrogant, you just aren't a major part of our lives. Sorry. It'll be okay. They have counseling for you.

A lot of Americans will tell you they have no problems with other countries, but when it boils down to it, your politics, your economy, your military - it just doesn't matter, because its YOURS. Maybe people who are busy making it known how much they hate the big bad Americans should start focusing their energy on fixing their countries and their internal issues. Yay! You hate Americans!!! ........now what?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
It sounds bad - but look at it this way. If you live down the street from someone and they are having issues with their plumbing and their cat won't eat a certain type of food, and they are behind on their car payments, do you really care? lol - no.

but if i had invaded his garden with bombs and millitary, yes i would care. if i called myself the strongest guy in the world, yes i would go down and help him left the closet he needed help to move.
thats the problem you ameircans act like they know everything and can everything but when it comes to helping out you dont care, look what happend in Iraq, you guys didnt even plan on helping out but found out later, "hey maybe we should theach those muslims some real democracy".

and if he brought a car on a payment plan he was a retard..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

The question of accountability is what is pissing people off.

I don't hold myself accountable for what any government does -- even if they expect me to vote for office-holders -- simply because they do not do what I would do or represent my wishes or intentions in any way whatsoever.

But there are people who think we SHOULD be policing the world. And those people happen to wind up in positions that have to do with foreign affairs, sure enough. Like goes to like, etc., then people in foreign countries find themselves saying, "Who in the hell allowed these guys to do this stuff in the first place?" And the obvious answer one would arrive at, by the conventional ideas of government, is that the people, whether they be apathetic, were responsible.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The fact is you guys sometimes ignore the responsibilites of taking the largest portion of the world's resources. You're forgetting that you rely on your neighbour's plumbing (water from canada, etc), and you require food and the means to build shelter and so on.
You take take take and are bullying the world into the lowest price, be it with nafta or "the machine", and then ignore it so you can pretend it has nothing to do with you.
Just my opinion!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Luder I do love your posts, but this really I mean come on.

I can see what you mean, if you just look at Guantanamo Bay, than your example makes perfect sense.

It wasn't happening to Americans, or on American soil so the American Taxpayer did not care, but did it make it any more right? Did it make the actions of others inexcusable?

I don't think so.

What the above poster said is correct. America prides herself on being the moral highground of the world. Yes you are arrogant and yes you are on a pedestal that YOU created.

Now that you are up there, you're simply content with looking down at the rest with a vague smirk, only intervening when there is something of value to be gotten in the end.

This is not how a country, much less the highly noted US of A should behave don't you think? I am Canadian, and the vast majority of issues that arise in the United States do not affect me directly, but I care.

And why do I care? Because the actions of the United States echo FAR and WIDE within all realms, whether it be religion or law, cvil rights or human rights, most every other country has followed the US in those aspects, or has been pressured to do so.

If you all want to continue being the country that you are, and touting it as the Land Of The Free and the Home Of The Brave, than really, start acting like it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Then why does America meddle in every aspect of every nation in the world?

You cannot have it both ways mate!

If that's the case, pull out of Iraq, stop threatening North Korea, leave the Pacific, etc etc etc, see what I mean?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

when it comes to helping out you don't care

I'm sorry?

You must have gotten the US confused with someone else who isn't spending billions of dollars on aid for other countries.

pdf.dec.org...

Or sending tons of food into countries who don't like us.

english.hani.co.kr...

www.ers.usda.gov...

Or pulling entire countries out of a crappy situation.

www.amazon.com...

I never said when it comes to helping we wouldn't be there - hell - we and the UK are the main ones when it comes to doing so.

But there comes a point when you get sick of hearing the constant whining about how bad we all are when so much is given so freely around the world to those in need - from medical supplies, to food - to money.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Oh, now you've gone and dunnit!!! Just look at the storm of puppy poop you've stirred up! Shhhh...it was a secret.....

, nudge, nudge!

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

If you all want to continue being the country that you are, and touting it as the Land Of The Free and the Home Of The Brave, than really, start acting like it.

WORD!

link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Aha!

But see, you expect me to do something about my government. I'm not my government.

Nor are you.

We are both citizens.

I can no more blame you for something your country does than you can me, can I?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
In essence I guess you are saying, don't be pissed off at Americans, because the US government has become a crazy train and we can't stop it as a people anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well I don't hate Americans--I've always found Americans to be really nice people, and i've travelled most states in the USA.
I would move there tomorrow given the chance.
And you're right---countries will close ranks and look after their own first. It would be strange if they did'nt.
The USA rocks imo !!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

but what do you expect you have been the biggest economy for decades, you need to help out. but you guys are complaning about it.
can you name the countries who are helping out in Iraq right now without using google?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

Are you serious?

LOL

Who's complaining? You pointed out that we don't help out. I proved you wrong.

Not a word of complaint passed through my lips.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think people are missing the point.

Its not that we hate America its we hate the people who run our planet..

And to be frank some of them live there

The other part of this is ego...

We are the biggest and best at everything crap gets on my tits.. not just you but other countries do it as well

Posture of what? Greed? manipulation?

Its like a contest to see who can screw and out smart the people the most to fit ones own agenda.

Its pointless

but do not fear in all good time.. You will face the question.

I hope for all your sakes you pick the right answer

Or you wont need to worry about who is the worlds best asshole you will be Removed

enjoy your im the best rant. hope it keeps you warm

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You seem to be forgetting that the US has a history of keeping 3rd world countries in the third world, it has a history of removing people in power and replacing it with it's own puppets, it has a history of bribery and corruption. The US puts countries in the position then helps them to make it look like they are the heroes. Your own politicians as I write this very post are looking for ways to strip their own people of their rights and freedoms.

If the US did not meddle in everyone elses affairs the rest of the world would not mind at all I assure you.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Aha!

But see, you expect me to do something about my government. I'm not my government.

Nor are you.

We are both citizens.

I can no more blame you for something your country does than you can me, can I?

But is any country not just a sum of it's parts, ie citizens?

I'm not blaming you, but usually a government acts on behalf of its citizens, so it stands to reason your government believes the American people care about such and such for the US to do such and such.

Mate I do know what you mean, but I think you really expressed yourself in a way that's going to P people off!!

But do you care?!!!! See OP for answer! Lol!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
In essence I guess you are saying, don't be pissed off at Americans, because the US government has become a crazy train and we can't stop it as a people anymore.

We sure have'nt been able to stop the crazy train that is the British Government either .
What is wrong with everyone??
Why do we take this bull# ??

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

LOL you're d... skippy I don't care.

These ignorant fools don't care when they run their mouths about my country and what they think about my friends and family and fellow Soldiers - so - no - I don't care if it makes them mad.

Hell - let it.

Maybe we can see their true colors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join