It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Animals More "Humane" Than Humans?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
After seeing this 10 minute film, I have to wonder, why is that animals help others and we can't help a person run over by a car? The first clip was amazingly disturbing, naturally. The fact that everyone was on there cell phones, there cars, and not one person helped, shows a very dark side to human nature.

When we loose love and concern for our fellow man, I believe we become something far less then human. So really, how did we get to such a low point? I believe the coming years we will have to depend on one another to survive, so when I see material like this, it causes me to be very concerned.

Really people, wtf is happening to us?

www.disclose.tv...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by oconnection]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
NWO mind controll. That's why...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Do you mean humane?

You act surprised. Welcome to Earth. Cancer... spreads like wildfire. On a scaled level some humans are the cancer infecting every cell(human) they come across. It's only a matter of time before the cancer spreads to the point where it attacks every ones heart(love) and every other organ(mind) of each individual cell and turns them against the heart and the other organs. Without the heart or the organs working properly, we are not immune to anything.

So wheres the love and the mind at? Definitely not on stopping the cancer spread i'm sure. Or does it still exist inside you? Or are you just slowly eroding away with time, sitting there without a heart or mind?

On a global scale, i ask, where is the love and mind really at?

What will it really take to change your hearts and your minds and be aware of the cancerous world we live in. You don't have to destroy cancer, you have to heal it from its root.

Division, division, division. Keep dividing and you shall all become a cancerous infection without a heart or mind.

Unified cells create being. Cancerous cells infect to destroy being.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Sadly there are many reported cheap alternatives to cancer treatment but many die without knowing. Probably the most publicized drug that seems promising is DCA. www.google.com...=en&q=DCA+drug&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g3&fp=leBsIIJAIN0

I started a thread about this drug here >>

Cancer is caused by what i believe a combination of the food we eat, the chemicals were exposed to, and our spiritual well being.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In human society everyone has a specific function and qualification. It is normal not to try to "help" someone who is badly hurt unless you are qualified to do so. That's why people are calling qualified help.

There is another reason. In some cases, those who were hurt sued those who helped them but while doing so they actually worsened their situation. So people are now also "afraid" to help. This situation is contradictory, because the law says that one must help others who are hurt, and also law can condemn you for doing so.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I'm sorry but whenever I see someone dieing on the side of the street I go to help. There was a large car accident on the 101, about an hour from where I lived. I pull a gentleman from a car about to explode from a fuel leak.

During this time I wasn't thinking of gee, I better not help this person because he later may sue me. I was fortunate depending on how you view it, that I wasn't sued and this man lived.

Many people could call me a "hero". I call it doing what I'd expect another to do if I was in that situation. I know many will pass me by if I was dieing on the side of the road but in a corrupt, dark world, one must set an example if there is any hope that love will return to the world's heart.

If a animal can have compassion, why can't we?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

Define Humane !

On some ways the answer can be yes and in other ways no.

Im going to list some similarities and differences among mammals

Animals and Humanbeing do the exact same stuff most of the time but we tend to look at it when an animals does it as bad but when we do it as normal nothing wrong.

Do animals kill for fun usually no its for food, territory, mating

Do humans kill for fun some do some dont.

Do humans kill for territory yes that's what most wars are over land.

Do humans kill for mating depending this can be a yes or no do we fight for it heck yes; humans males are always fighting over females during teenage years as the same with human females.

Do animals mess up the environment they live in heck no. They will go somewhere else to mess up the environment but not there own. Animals usually deposit waste in one spot until its full and then move on.

Do humans mess up the environment they live in yes. Humans pump waste into the same water they drink and fish from. Humans have thrown waste out onto the streets at which the walk.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually, it's interesting to note that most of the intelligent creatures, like Dolphins and Chimps demonstrate several of the attributes that we would count as horrific.

Dolphins rape and kill for entertainment, pods of of dolphins will kill a pup and use it as a play toy. They'll attempt to do the same to humans as well.

Chimps have been found to attack other chimps, though there's no real proof as to why yet.

And animals can be destructive to the environment, many animals, like deer, will basically eat themselves out of habitat.
For the most part, however, they have predators who keep them in check.

We have nothing to keep us in check, and it's up us to do so.
However, each of us responds differently, and has differing opinions on how, why, ect.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We have nothing to keep us in check.

Well without weapons we'd effectively be useless against a Lion/Tiger/Bear/Shark/Crocodile/Snake attack.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It gets me as well. Our egos have gotten out of hand. I'm the kind of person that if i see a slug heading in the wrong direction over miles of tarmac, i'll pick it up and drop it off in the nearest bush. Maybe one day something that believes it's 'above' me will grant me the same courtesy if i stray off the path.

It's summed up well in a conversation i had with a colleague in work the other week:

Me: 'Wow. There's a little ant crawling on my desk!'

Colleague: 'Kill it!'

Me: 'Why would i want to kill it?'

Colleague: 'Because it's just an ant'

Me: 'So why does that mean it has to die?'

Colleague: Silence while he thinks about that for a while

Me: 'Do you not think it strange that your first reaction to seeing something small and alive was to kill it?'

Colleague: 'Yeah, i guess so, i've never thought about it like that before'

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
NAMMU; I like the way you think.
If only everyone were like that.

After seeing this 10 minute film, I have to wonder, why is that animals help others and we can't help a person run over by a car?

Why do some people on ATS persist in seeing humanity as nothing more than some evil wicked force, when it couldn't be further from the truth. There are people on this planet who are committing acts of compassion, kindness, bravery & self sacrifice every day of their lives. Those who are evil are a minority, so stop tarnishing everyone with the same brush. For the most part humanity is good and if you step outside and explore this world, you will see it with your own eyes.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In human society there are so many "helpful" institutions and individuals, I'd rather steer away from them as far as I can.

Do not assume that everyone wants to be helped when in trouble. To such persons, any attempt to help them is an intrusion. What may look to you as trouble, may be the opposite for others. You are simply passing your judgment on others without their consent.

You may pick up a slug from the road and put it into the bush, totally disorienting him and making him an easy prey for some predator.

Such an action is very arrogant and only feeds one's self importance, while it doesn't help others at all. On the contrary, it disturbs them and destroys their efforts.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What it mean to be human or humane changes constantly.

As said previously, there are idiots out there who will sue their hero. Others think they are not qualified to help, or that its someone else responsibility.

Would I help someone who has fallen over in the street or hit by a car? Yes, if no-one else is around to help. Why? I'm not medically trained and could make the matter worse. If no-one else is willing to help, then I will help as best as I can.

So, does that mean I'm a bad person?

Anyway, animals are not humane, and it would be pointless to consider them as such.

Another way to think of it, is if a dolphin rescues a human from a shark, is the dolphin being humane?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Lol. I don't agree at all DangerDeath. Slug heading across the road = certain death. Slug being placed in a bush = chance of life. Putting a slug in a bush won't disorientate it.

But i see what you're getting at. We all have our own path, so you feel we shouldn't influence each other's so much.

But you shouldn't feel like people that help things are arrogant and feeding their own self importance. It's completely the opposite! They're looking our for fellow beings, man or beast, and helping another sometimes at the expense of themselves. This is the hard path that develops us and makes our humanity grow.

I would think that those who don't help and walk on past are the ones that are arrogant and self obsessed to the point that they'll allow something or someone else to suffer and do nothing about it. This is the easy path of walking on and ignoring those around you. It distances you from your humanity.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Hi,

I would think that those who don't help and walk on past are the ones that are arrogant and self obsessed to the point that they'll allow something or someone else to suffer and do nothing about it. This is the easy path of walking on and ignoring those around you. It distances you from your humanity.

What I am saying is I'm not going to use a preset pattern in my relation to others, be they people or animals, because that would mean imposing on them my own will (projection). That is my point.

You may be fooled by the looks of someone and therefore believe that he needs help, while in truth he doesn't and would react aggressively to your "helping him".

There is an example, I think it has been used elsewhere, when a medical team came to some jungle tribe and vaccinated children, people cut off their children's arms because they believed they were fouled by the "intruders".

Many people don't want to be helped at all. How do you know that in advance? Do you ever bother to ask?

top topics

join