It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow white statue blinks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I found this creepy video of a Snow White statue that blinks her eyes. It is in a park in Mexico, apparently they build the park on top of an old cementery.
What do you think? (It is in Spanish, but you can see the thing at 0:35)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It seems to me, that this statue could easily have been manufactured to move at one point.

The eyes could have been made to blink for a publicitiy stunt.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We have street performers here who wear a lot of body paint to make themselves look like statues, since I can't see the video at work here, any possibility of it being a regular person?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
LMAO, that is hilarious. The camera person probably sharted. Its a statue, if it blinks at you and frightens you why not just knock it over.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I doubt its a person, It looks like its in a park with all of the other dwarves..
But, I personally don't think you are missing much...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Creepy.I have to agree that it does look like one of those performance artists, albiet a top quality one.

Reminds me of these, old playgrounds have to be the most bizarro areas of urban exploration...

www.darkroastedblend.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They built it over a graveyard?
That is just asking for the spirits to be pissed.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Spare me the details...

It has to be part of the manufacturing design of the figure. I can just imagine someone sitting at a safe distance, holding a remote-control for the actuator, and laughing his/her posterior off.

Can you say 'Publicity Stunt'?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't know what is creepier, the statue blinking or the statue of the elves themselves! Yeah, it looks a lot like the statue already had that design to blink. Crack it open and see what's inside!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Highly suspiscious. Why is it that the Snow White statue is staring down anyway? It's only when the camera man stoops to look straight up into the statues face that it blinks. Perhaps the blinking action was triggered by the light from the camera?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Highly suspiscious. Why is it that the Snow White statue is staring down anyway? It's only when the camera man stoops to look straight up into the statues face that it blinks. Perhaps the blinking action was triggered by the light from the camera?

Perhaps it's a trick for children (this looks like an old theme park). Children would be about the right height (seeing as she is looking down), and it would amuse them more than scare them. It could be triggered by height. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I definitely agree it must have been this way. For a publicity stunt for tourists, kids, or whatever. I highly doubt this statue was not made to blink. I also agree with HarlieQuinn that the statue of the eleves themeselves are pretty creepy lol.

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
That’s very interesting even if its fake… to bad there isn't translation to this. There is something about a blinking/ crying statues that sends shivers down my spine.
Whats going with the well?
When was this recorded?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by codex code]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by codex code]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh my goodness. Maybe these people don't get exposed much to any kind of animatrons.

If a blinking Snow White causes that kind of reaction, how would they survive a ride through It's a Small World in Disneyland?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Forgot to mention that I think it's cute how they focus so much attention on the cat towards the end of the video. I mean I understand it's spooky since the area is a prior graveyard, but what doesn't a cat try to climb? Especially when people are giving an object so much attention.

Cats climb huge trees, sleep on balcony ledges that are 10 stories high, try to climb poles, and even walls. Most cat owners can remember times their kitty would jump up on paperwork, newspapers, or books your reading so they can stick their furry face in yours saying, "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!"

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
That's creepy. If you guys look at the later footage, you can see that her eyes are PAINTED on, and there are no vents for shutters to have a blinking feature.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

It's a shame she doesn't happen to blink whenever they do an extreme closeup of that face with the bright light on it. Would be interesting if someone could rule out video enhancements as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When I was little my sisters had dolls that blinked. The statue looks old enough to be from that time period. The little girls back then would have expected a doll to blink, or maybe thought it lame if it did not. At least the statue dosen't pee all over the park.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Definitely a built in feature of the statue, nothing paranormal about it. Now if it were a marble statue, that would be more interesting...

Originally posted by codex code
[font=Arial]That’s very interesting even if its fake… to bad there isn't translation to this. There is something about a blinking/ crying statues that sends shivers down my spine.

Then never EVER watch the Doctor Who episode, Blink. It's basically an entire episode dedicated to aliens that look like weeping statues who will kill you when you blink. Uber-creepy episode.

And yeah, that video did kinda freak me out... I'm gonna be sleeping behind the sofa tonight.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Core90]

new topics

top topics

join