It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skateboarding in the White House: Tony Hawk strikes back at critics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Skateboarding in the White House: Tony Hawk strikes back at critics

rawstory.com

Hawk's unprecedented shred through White House corridors has ruffled feathers among some conservative bloggers, who slammed it for being disrespectful of the office of the president, and argued it's yet more evidence that the Obama administration represents a decline in American values and society.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Although I have a patriotic bone telling me that skateboarding inside the halls of the White House should be wrong, "I Can't Agree" I find this truly comical that weather you be right or left winged that somebody would waste there time making a big deal about this. I would also go so far to say that it would be really neat to see Tony Hawk add the White House layout to his next video game as a skateboarding course, putting ramps on the roof with special jumps knocking out secret service guards and having the tour guides chasing the player through out the property. That could make a great game. Hmm, can somebody say "Money Maker"

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with it and I don't know why anyone else would. Kind of bad ass if you ask me, and I agree I hope the White House is a level in the next Tony Hawk game.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm beginning to not like Obama because of his actions on the economy, Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan, but this is just plain awesome...

Haha, I love Tony Hawk (own most of his games), and this is pretty cool. Some of the comments are outrageous on the blogs, like "what's next strippers and bongs in the blue room."

The guy rode a skateboard down the hallway... lol... is it really that bad?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Skateboarding has always been a scape goat. Its busy bodies and cowards who give skaters a hard time, so they can feel good about themselves and feel like they are doing a good thing. The people that have a go at skaters are the ones that turn a blind eye when you are getting mugged on the street.

Plus whats more American than skateboarding?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would so love to do that.

Cmon, who wouldn't want to shred through the white house.

Admit it, it sounds fun.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It's a little silly, but it's not like the guy hurt anybody, and heck, they let him do it, he wasn't even trespassing or anything; he had permission, from what that article said. If Obama gave me the okay, I'd take a skateboard down the White House halls too, and I can't even skate!

new topics

top topics

join