It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children's Aid Society workers should be reined in, critics say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Children's Aid Society workers should be reined in, critics say

www.nationalpost.com

They are charged with the most essential of duties: protecting vulnerable children from abuse and neglect. They will intervene in the lives of roughly 200,000 Canadian children this year.

"Caseworkers come armed with vaster powers than any police officer investigating crime. It is an immense authority easily abused, without vigilant restraint."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I would think after reading this thread that their really seems to be a problem with Canadian parents "200,000" interventions in a year to me seems ridiculous. It is clear that the rights of families and children are being invaded and not respected to say the least. The control of the State against it's citizens will not lead to anything good, the rights of the people to live in peace need to prevail and if these are things to come as we all hear on our daily MSM then this issue along with many others will provoke a mass anger amongst it's people. This madness needs to end!

www.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ya you should talk to my g/f about this..

What happened is her daughter got hurt at school, then went and told a teacher or something that her mother did it, cys was called and took the kid and put her wit her father that she barely even knew cause he wasn't been in here life except maybe 1 week out of 13 yrs.

Needless to say cys cases found that the allegations was unfounded and they have yet to return the daughter to her home and its been about 2 months.

Cys treats the parents like crap and don't give a hoot about rights you have. they will violate them and all of them just to get the child out of the house in most cases. They are underhanded and will pull anything.. talk to the child alone which isn't allowed yet they do. accuse the parent of things just to piss them off to make the parent look hot tempered. and so on..

I can go on but you get the picture.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yes, they should be reigned in. The English speaking world is at the mercy of out of control social workers . I fail to see how stealing children from ,obviously, innocent parents and putting them in foster care where they are abused and all too often killed helps abused children.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I heard of a lot of stories through out the years, the most upsetting to me was recently a couple had their child basically stripped searched at school without the parents consent due to a nickle size bruse on her inner thigh. After harrassing the parents, telling the young girl to say her mother did it and threating the parents with police action every chance they got I along with hundred of other parents called the CPS to complain of their tactics and to leave them alone... I haven't heard anything else come of their case but am following these stories as it is very scary to see.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nobody else has any comments on this paticular story.

This isnt a growing problem only in canada but the states as well and probably in europe..

Anyway thought it would be worth showing some people who havent seen it.

new topics

top topics

join