It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De-Dollarization: Dismantling America’s Financial-Military Empire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

De-Dollarization: Dismantling America’s Financial-Military Empire

Is this important? Only if you live in the USA and buy things with dollars!

Challenging America will be the prime focus of extended meetings in Yekaterinburg, Russia (formerly Sverdlovsk) today and tomorrow (June 15-16) for Chinese President Hu Jintao, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and other top officials of the six-nation Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)....
The attendees have assured American diplomats that dismantling the US financial and military empire is not their aim. They simply want to discuss mutual aid – but in a way that has no role for the United States, NATO or the US dollar as a vehicle for trade....
Yet the meeting has elicited only a collective yawn from the US and even European press despite its agenda is to replace the global dollar standard with a new financial and military defense system...
What may prove to be the last rites of American hegemony began already in April at the G-20 conference, and became even more explicit at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum on June 5, when Mr. Medvedev called for China, Russia and India to “build an increasingly multipolar world order.” What this means in plain English is: We have reached our limit in subsidizing the United States’ military encirclement of Eurasia while also allowing the US to appropriate our exports, companies, stocks and real estate in exchange for paper money of questionable worth....
"The artificially maintained unipolar system,” Mr. Medvedev spelled out, is based on “one big centre of consumption, financed by a growing deficit, and thus growing debts, one formerly strong reserve currency, and one dominant system of assessing assets and risks.”2 At the root of the global financial crisis, he concluded, is that the United States makes too little and spends too much. Especially upsetting is its military spending, such as the stepped-up US military aid to Georgia announced just last week, the NATO missile shield in Eastern Europe and the US buildup in the oil-rich Middle East and Central Asia......

PLEASE READ THE REST!!!
globalresearch.ca...

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 6/21/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

This I believe in part is one aspect of the global disinformation campaign being propagated by foreign nations.

This plays with this fake bond fiasco as well as the totally disgusting disinformation interview with the Russian president via Maria "disinfo" Bartiromo.

I have been harping on this for a while.. too much media involvement lately and just remember, when the public knows, its already too late and the game has turned!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

That is a very good point! I am glad you brought that up!
I sure like your insights into things. Thank you btw.
In laymans terms, we're already screwed! IMHO of course!
Now they are slowly letting us wake up to reality......
more primer for the nwo monetary currency probably.
But miracles do happen, so nothing is set in stone.
The sheep will continue to play follow the leader however.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
with all due respect to this OP...what system are they going to adopt? the russian and chinese as well as the indian currency fluctuates in wild extremes and is hardly ready for any of them to become the reserve currency. politicians talk as if they have a grasp on how simple this would be. but the trillions of dollars in private wealth are not going to subjected to these wild swings. and even in the turmoil of the american dollar, it hardly comes near what would happen if another currency was used. our flutuations are mild compared to what happens in international currencies.

plus these countries are far older than ours, and have had massive upheavals in their societies, resulting in many wars and economic disasters on their own soil. this makes them very wary of any change, and distrust takes over, of their own people and government.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thank you for that! And for the respect....
I think it will just mean more countries will get behind
a global currency to eventually replace the dollar.
Just the fact it is so messy will mean it
will garner just that much more support.
This all of course could take several more years.
Unless the USA starts paying their bills soon that is.
I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon.
We are too busy spending what we dont have, printing more,
and creating even more debt!

As my sig says, living in the land of the greed, etc....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes, while I believe that the NWO in some forms is real, and overtime we will be a 1 world govt. ( i just think its inevitable) but the US DOLLAR is much stronger than we are led to believe.

Think about the countries coming up with most of this fiasco.. Russia.. China.. (hmmm..?)

Here is the contrarian play (i believe) -

Short all international currencies and go long the dollar.

And no that is not advice, just a thought.

You heard it here first lol

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yes, once again you make a strong case and a
valuable point. However I dont think this meeting is such.
I think these other superpowers(yes they are that, like us)
are genuinely considering how our dollar is effecting their
economies and are now looking for alternatives.
Will they find one? Maybe not.
But just the fact they are considering it should make us take notice.
My only point is, sooner or later the repo guy comes if you keep borrowing.
We really dont want asia knocking on our door wanting their money back!
IMO
Who would make all our stuff?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There is no safer bet right now in the world at this exact moment than US Treasuries i.e. US DOLLAR.

That is all that matters in the world right now.

Where else can you invest over 1 BILLION dollars and sleep at night knowing you will get paid, and get paid handsomely.

I believe this is the only and real outlook of foreign nations.

I have presented many more opinions, as well as many other members, in the up-to-the-minute market thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Cool! Thank you again for your help understanding the mess we're in!
I appreciate the advice. I just hope the good times last!
You dont think there may/could come a time when they are
considered worthless? (or close to it)?
I am just asking, no need for anyone to throw a flame.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yeah, could be, but other countries would have worthless paper as well, so welcome the NWO I guess at that time.

Like I said, i think it is coming to that AT ONE POINT, but in our lifetimes?.... mm prob. not.. but who knows..

At least for now, here is my stance.

When the public becomes knowledgeable, it's far too late.

So fade the public and go the other way.

Its always the best call.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Chuckle, chuckle , giggle...

That sounds good to me!
Barring any catastrophe(financial or otherwise)that may happen, right?
Mens plans dont always go the way they thought.
True it may take a hundred years for sthtf,
but I dont think we have that long personally.
Either way, we do what we can!

How did you know my outlook on joe public?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

True

Best to not even worry about it bc it is what it is really.

We have no decisiveness on the outcome anyways, and we will be forced to just go with it regardless (lol) so whatever... hahaha

But you can always make dollars (or amero's) with the play hahaha

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Another good point!
Thank you for your posts!
Looks like you and jimmyx are the only ones that care about
US dollars so far!
(Kidding, of course!)
I'm catching up on the market thread now....

Is this the death of the dollar?

After two smugglers were stopped last week with what at first appeared to be $134bn in US state bonds, the tension and paranoia surrounding the fate of the dollar hit a new high.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Flagged because I think this is a very important topic that needs to be considered by more people... no star though since you didn't offer much in the way of insight.

Allow me to offer some.
The very best break down of the current global economic scheme I've encountered was presented in Robert Newman's History of Oil.
Skip to 21.17 to the part most relevant to this discussion (although I strongly advise watching the whole thing if you've got time).

Google Video Link

The idea that all oil trading must be done in US dollars for nearly 40 years is the singular reason that the US has managed to maintain it's economic domination of the world. Without that element, the American economy would be reset right back to the days of the great depression with interest.

Considering how deep the whole we're already currently facing is, this si a very scary thought.

Indecently, this is also why I consider the instilled fear of a world trade currency to be beneficial to TPTB. Without that artificial propping up of the US greenback, there are many very rich, very powerful, and very shady people are (to put it lightly) very screwed.

If you think about it, a single international trade currency that is not tied to any particular nation is a very logical concept. So... follow the money. Who does it serve to make people afraid of such an idea?

With that in mind, I still find the collapse of the US "Magic Checkbook" at this point to be very scary indeed. It would be economic endgame for the US in a very real and very terrible way and whole lot of innocent people would suffer for it.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by BitRaiser]
What the heck is up with googlevideo linking?
Ah well, the link works. Click it.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by BitRaiser]

new topics

top topics

join