It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet site that is helping the People of Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The internet group Anonymous, famous for it's protests against the Church of Scientology, is currently aiding the People of Iran by providing a multi-gigabit internet pipeline out of Iran so that the people can be heard. Teaming up with Pirate Bay, together they are one of the few organizations capable of providing a secure and anonymous link to the outside world that the Government of Iran is incapable of shutting down. As reported in Wired Magazine While major media outlets are finding their servers blocked, their modems shut down, and phone/text messages filtered, Anonymous and The Pirate Bay are opening a door for freedom.

They have also set up a website for the people of Iran and those around the globe working for the cause of freedom and democracy. Through the site, people can exchange news, learn how to post anonymously and securely, and keep up to date on what is going on. Since it's inception last week over Two hundred thousand people have signed up from around the globe. This is the internet in action!!!
Why We protest/ Iran

[edit on 21/6/09 by Terapin]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Looks like a cool site and will help benefit the protesters efforts.Isnt pirate bay the company that was just sued for giving away free music downloads on the internet?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Talked about here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search is a cool feature.. useful yet unknown.

[edit on 6/21/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
See, PirateBay is good.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very cool website.

Power to the people.

I wonder how they are able to provide a non-interuptable web outlet?

Encrypted satellite uplink?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

It is not Satelite, it is a VPN but I can't get into the details as it would give things away.

****MODS please shut down this thread as it is a duplicate of a much better thread, that I missed when starting this one. ****

[edit on 21/6/09 by Terapin]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Very cool website.

Power to the people.

I wonder how they are able to provide a non-interuptable web outlet?

Encrypted satellite uplink?

Just speculation, but as the Pirate Bay seem to be involved, maybe PRQ are hosting it

en.wikipedia.org...

Part of PRQ's business model is to host any customers regardless of how odd or controversial they may be, as long as the hosted sites follow Swedish laws. PRQ quotes the New York Times as stating that the "PRQ has gone out of its way to host sites that other companies would not touch. It is perhaps the world's least lawyer-friendly hosting company".[2]

The PRQ service has been described as "highly secure, no-questions-asked hosting services". The company is reported to hold almost no information about its clientele and as maintaining few if any of its own logs.[3]

If they've managed to host wikileaks, and pirate bay and keep them up through all the legal battles, I think hosting this site should be a walk in the park for them.

top topics

join