It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uniplanetary Evolution Theory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have a problem with Mayan doomsday prophecies being tossed out as if we are expected to accept them as fact. The Maya calendar is not a doomsday prophecy for 2012, the doomsday part has been added to help sell air time and books as far as I can tell.

The Mayan Sun stone is a calendar showing the different ages or the 4 Suns each associated with a past catastrophic event. 2012 is the end of the age of the 5th Sun and from what I understand is not associated with any doomsday or a catastrophic event.

I have heard that the Maya believe their calendar will be unable to keep accurate time after 2012 when Earth precesses into the age of Aquarius for reasons I don't understand. What fragments we have of the knowledge that these people possessed is truly amazing and deserves far more than a pathetic false 'Doomsday' title.

I would expect any claim of a legitimate Mayan doomsday prophecy to at least show the source rather than rely on everyone accepting this as fact.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Dr Kaku said when we look through space we are actually looking through time thus space-time. The Hubble telescope can see the edge of the universe when the big-bang happened. that event happened 14 billion years ago and yet we can see it today through a telescope. If we can see the birth of the universe through a telescope, then we should be able to see the birth of our earth but it would be much closer.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by The Real Antichrist]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

There are other 2012 prophecy doomsday predictions, from egypt, china, and even webots.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
sounds like kaku is restating relativity.

The fact of the matter is that it is a theory which as far as i can tell draws conclusions upon unrelated things. This theory is madness, it has more holes than swiss cheese.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
Venus isn't mostly carbon. It's surface is similar to that of Earth.

Venus' atmosphere is made up of mostly carbon and sulfur dioxides. The surface of Venus is very different than Earth's in many ways.

He claims that we "believe" it used to have water. No, we are pretty darned sure it used to have significant amounts of water, as evidenced by what appears to be sedimentary rocks, and we KNOW it still has some water.

I have spent many hours looking for what little information is known about the surface of Venus and I have not read anything about water in the past or present. As for the sedimentary rocks this has been attributed to the high temperatures, pressures and corrosive atmosphere, but again very little is known about the surface of Venus.

Most of what is known about Venus' surface is due to the Russian Venera Missions.

This just goes on and on. I couldn't watch the whole thing because it was too painful.

I would have to agree, I didn't watch all of it either.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
He was talkin about MARS once having water.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Real Antichrist

Wow thanks for explaining that AntiChrist !!
Blows me away that an event 14 million yrs ago can be seen today through a telescope !!!
That is just amazing !!
btw--told you you'd be up against it !!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah, thanks for the warning. I's actually 14 billion years ago ;[>

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Real Antichrist

I'm blonde--what more can i say !!
Million or billion--its still amazing !!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Antichrist
reply to post by Devino

There are other 2012 prophecy doomsday predictions, from egypt, china, and even webots.

I have spent a lot of time reading about ancient astrologers and myths associated with astronomy and it completely blows my mind at times. Venus plays a big part in many ancient accounts and has been linked to life, knowledge, the torch bearer, Lucifer and the pentagram.

As for doomsday predictions I come up with nothing, not even the apocalypse in Revelations appear to be a prediction but rather a testament of what already happened. I'm unfamiliar with 'webots'.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Actually it was my fault i posted millions but I changed it ;[>

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Venus also correlates to Thoth and Quetzalcoatl both messiah/gods came from heaven/space and taught them knowledge medicine and astronomy. Both said they would return in the future and Quetzalcoatl said he would return on his birthday. To me, it was a clue he was from the future.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well since we are talking about past present future and unknown events, Perhaps my favorite theory that mankind originated on Mars and when we polluted that planet up the wazzoou, we figured we would come here and start over as friends of the planet and tree huggers. However after we moved here. We sent our space ships out to outer space to await our signal, incase we ever needed them to come pick us up. Well now they keep comming arround looking for our signal, which sadly after we killed the primates and replaced them with us, we forgot what the signal was. So now we cant have them pick us up and take us anywhere cause we dont know how to call them. and as we are polluting this planet up the waazoou too.We are bound to find a way to get off this rock and move to our next planet and use up all its resources and poluted it too. Hopefully this time arround (hey maybe it will be venus we move to) we remember to leave a note to be able to call those peskie space craft back to us.

Well who knows, I may be just a liar, or maybe oneday we find out the truth is what i said. But who cares I used the word Theory so that makes it ok in a scientist's eye. Theory lets you have carte blanche to do and say what ever your heart's desire. Oh and if it's convincing enough the government gives you money and grants and people to work with you to prove your theory. Isn't that Wonderful.

Some theories are peoples beliefs, which I will not bash upon unless the force it on me. Other theories are just a way to make money and fame, which I say to those people. Does your theory put food on my table?, Does it make me work less hours in a day and allow me to follow my passions? Does it prove to me that God has a plan and that he made me? Does it allow me to have everything I every want ? if the answer is no, and you can't prove your theory. Then you should be secluded from the general populace and put under heavy sedation, and left alone in your mind for all the rest of your life.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

He was talkin about MARS once having water.

My mistake.

Mars and Earth share a similar feature, Valles Marineris and the Grand Canyon. There is a theory that neither of these canyons were formed by water which could explain many of the problems with the water erosion theory.

reply to post by Devino

Venus also correlates to Thoth and Quetzalcoatl both messiah/gods came from heaven/space and taught them knowledge medicine and astronomy. Both said they would return in the future and Quetzalcoatl said he would return on his birthday. To me, it was a clue he was from the future.

I haven't made the connection with Venus to Thoth yet, thanks- that's new for me, but I see the Egyptian Ankh as a symbol for Venus. Dragon motifs from around the world, the Mayan green-feathered serpent (Quetzalcoatl), Native North American's Waukheon the Thunderbird and even the four horsemen of the apocalypse are testaments to an observed celestial event in the past. The return of Quetzalcoatl could represent a transit of Venus which would be a much bigger deal if Venus' Tail was larger in the past.

I have been following an idea that some of the planets changed orbits coming very close to Earth at times and due to an electrical differential exhibited a plasma discharge. This in turn is the origin of many astronomical symbols like the Ankh (life), Caduceus (health), Mars, Mercury and so on. The appearance of Dragons, Feathered Serpents, Thunderbirds and even horsemen raining havoc upon the Earth all have very similar characteristics also possibly originating from plasma events.

I read about a Native American myth describing four monsters in the sky that follow the same colors, shapes/appearances and terrestrial effects with the four horsemen of the apocalypse found in Revelations. My research on this idea went way of the mainstream path and I didn't have the time to continue but I found this to be very interesting which makes reading about ancient history and mythology exciting.

[edit on 6/21/2009 by Devino]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well actually Thoth was not directly affiliated with Venus but was to the bringer of light which is Lucifer and Venus.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
where is there evidence of somone saying they see the edge of the big bang?

Sounds like you use rediculous sites you make yourself as evidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well actually Thoth was not directly affiliated with Venus but was to the bringer of light which is Lucifer and Venus.

Seriously man what you're talking about here really interests me.
I know its mythology but is any of it to do with the end days or is it just planetary ??

Can you explain more to me--I really need to know !!
Cheers x

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Dr Kaku said when we look through space we are actually looking through time thus space-time. The Hubble telescope can see the edge of the universe when the big-bang happened. that event happened 14 billion years ago and yet we can see it today through a telescope. If we can see the birth of the universe through a telescope, then we should be able to see the birth of our earth but it would be much closer.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by The Real Antichrist]

No -- we cannot see the birth of the Earth.

The Earth is moving through space slower than the speed of light, therefore if we "look" in the place in space where we think the Earth was located 4.5 billion years ago, we will not see the birth of the Earth, since its light has already passed us by.

If it was possible for me to move faster than the speed of light, theoretically I could zip across the room right now and see myself typing at my computer -- or, more specifically, see the photons of light from me typing at my computer.

However, I can't zip across the room faster than light, nor can the Earth move through space faster than light, so we will never be able to see a past Earth in the manner Dr. Maku has described when he talks about seeing far away objects as they appeared in the past.

It's true that when we look at the Sun in the sky, we are actually looking at what the Sun looked like 8 minutes ago, and when we look at the North Star (Polaris), we are actually seeing what Polaris looked like 430 years ago -- but that same idea does not apply to us on Earth trying to look at Earth in the past.

[edit on 6/22/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Please forgive me here cos I am still learning about things so please bear with me !!
But with string theory and parallel universes--Is it not the case that we are on a sort of time loop ??
We are all living our lives in the past, present and future

Time is after all created by man.
It trips me out that somewhere along the loop I'm doing stuff that I've not experienced yet !!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
where is there evidence of somone saying they see the edge of the big bang?

Sounds like you use rediculous sites you make yourself as evidence.

Well, we can't see to the edge of the big bang, but we can see things in the universe that are 13 Billion light years away -- so we are seeing them the way they looked just a billion or so years after the big bang.

We can never "see" the big bang since photons of light were not present until 400,000 years after the big bang. However, we can "detect" evidence of the big bang in the leftover background microwave radiation that can be found all over the Universe (some of the stuff that makes your AM radio have static).

The background microwave radiation is the leftover radiation caused by the big bang, and is still everywhere in the universe, even 14 billion years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join