It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you change your username?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, don't know what I'd change it to, but I was wondering if you can. I looked but couldn't find how to do that.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awdbawl

Yes. Just re-register under a new username.

BTW, you look lovely if that is you in your avatar.

Edit to add compliment.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by truthtothemasses]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Don't think you can change user name, and I think having more than one account is against the T&C sorry

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yup, you are stuck with the one you have chosen.

SD

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was going to ask the same question as i think mine is too long....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
oh noez! you can't?? what have I done!

That's okay. I don't evur wantz to changez it anywayz.

(I'll prolly get banned...)

Mod Edit:

Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by awdbawl

You cannot change your name and keep your current profile history. As indicated above - you'll have to re-register a new account. However - because multiple accounts are against the T&C, notify the staff of your old and new accounts and we'll handle the situation accordingly.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by i-love-awdbawl

I was told you could but youd have to send a u2u to one of the moderators... is that not true? Well kyle let me know if you get a new account, just post a comment... hehehehe thats so embarrasing

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by awdbawl

I'm keeping it! Please girl! (I almost spelt gurl incorrectly... oopsies!) I have the most honest and meaningful username on ats.

Now I need to go think of some above top secret subject (that doesn't have to do with Michael Jackson), and become a viable member of this fine forum.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

So you went from awdbawl to i-love-awdbawl. Wtf. I'm I missing something here. And btw, why did you change that beautiful avatar of yourself?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

She's awdball. I'm someone else who loves awdball. Simple really. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Edit: Nevermind, I see this is the Freshman's forum.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses

So you went from awdbawl to i-love-awdbawl. Wtf. I'm I missing something here. And btw, why did you change that beautiful avatar of yourself?

Because I thought it was too forward and also because I dont think that highly of myself, I figured I could put my myspace linkage in my profile...and peeps could see pics that way. But you are too sweet...

Aww!!! kiery Kyle! I wish there were a heart emoticon

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

However - because multiple accounts are against the T&C

How do you know if someone has multiple accounts, do you look at the profiles they set up with their personal info, or do you go by IP?

If you go by IP then how do you know if it is a person with multiple accounts or multiple people at the same address using the same computer?

If you look at personal info, I don't remember entering in my name upon signing up, but it has been almost a year, so I don't remember for sure, if there is no name, what would you look at there?

I only ask because my computer is used by just about the entire family, myself, my wife, her sister when she comes over, etc. I don't know if they use this site, but if they did, would it look as though I had 3 profiles?

< - - - - Edit for Spelling - - - - >

[edit on 7/1/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

They have your IP. So when you register, they send you an email saying that someone has registered with the same IP.

I just made a new account. And my old one had to get banned so it wasnt against the T&C.

What if you had an IP Proxy that hid your IP Address? Could you guys here find out, or would you be able to bypass it?

-Shadow

[edit on 1-7-2009 by ShadowLife]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

I'm going to have to remain silent on this topic now, sorry. The ATS gods are watching.

I can only point you to my signature below.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm going to college in a few weeks... will this effect the whole no-multiple-accounts thing? I'm not sure how school IPs work
so will there be an issue with multiple people accessing the website from the same IP (if anyone from my school actually goes here)? I apologize if this is the stupidest question ever.

Also, about the usernames, is it possible to just mail a mod? Or? I'm not looking to change mine, at least yet, but I wanted to know before I actually get familiar with people on the website.

[edit on 8/21/2009 by Alpha Furyan]

new topics

top topics

join