It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need Government run Healthcare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We don't need Government run health care. This is just an excuse to waste trillions of dollars.

We need to do 1 of 2 things.

1. A national health care charity. This charity will cover 2 free physicals per year, follow ups and if you work, the Government will subsidize emergency room visits, a big percentage of the visits. This nationally recognzized charity will be subject to Government oversight. No need for big government.

2. Allow people to shop for insurance across state lines. So a person in New Jersey can buy a plan from Vermont. This will bring down premiums and health care costs. Also make health care insurance mandatory for people making 20,000 or more. Insurance companies will have to build plans to cater to all income levels.

There, I have fixed healthcare in a few minutes. This will cost 15 to 30 billion.

No need for a trillion dollar behemoth in a global economy with cheap labor.

The United States spends nearly $100 billion per year to provide uninsured residents with health services, often for preventable diseases or diseases that physicians could treat more efficiently with earlier diagnosis.

We don't need big government wasting and spending trillions in a global economy with cheap labor.

Prevention is the key and we don't need to spend trillions to fix a 100 billion dollar problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Quite possibly, it would be helpfull also if it weren't so hard to purchase actual good food and apliances. Less cancer and heart problems (and just health problems in general!) would occur if people ate and did things that humans were actualy supposed to eat and do.

As for reality, just make private coverage available to those who want it, and if they can't afford it, just supply it to them. That way, you don't waste money by covering everyone, and only covering those who need it (unless that's what the government actualy plans on doing)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
as i see you idea, it is still only gonna be working for the rich, we are still leaving the people out. we need universal health care (like the rest of the western world)
people are dieing because of the greedy insurance company and the fat government.
we need the people out on the streets, we need to government to fear us, we can sit here and let them run us. while people are dieing, because they cant afford the drugs that will keep them alive.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

But like I said before, the problem isn't neccesarily the system, it's the food people eat, and the activities they engage in. If people were informed about what was going in their bodies, we wouldn't need such a outrageous healthcare system.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, it will help here too

You know, in this thread here I covered a reasonable way to have a universal health care plan, that would not raise taxes one penny.

That's right, not one penny, it would also allow for doctors out of med school to pay off their student loans.

If you want to take the time to read it it's there.

top topics

join