It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why only the US and UK is blamed for Iran's unrest!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Does anybody else find it intriguing that no mention of Russia nor China has been made in reference to unrest and meddling in Iran, when they have just as much of a vested interest in the area as the US or UK does. Since the Uk and US are being blamed for anything and everything in the area it would behoove Putin and his Chinese counterpart to foment unrest there to put more heat on our tarnished image. We in the US and our brethren in the UK aren't the only group playing in the sand box here folks! I can find no reports of blame other than from the West in this regard.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thats the power of the main stream media. Tell people that Iran's elections were hijacked and is becoming a dictatorship and watch the american people jump on the bandwagon. Is it any coincedence that Israel is also 'practicing' an air assault? As if the US hadn't suspected any protests or want them??

For all we know the election results were fair and the MSN is meddling once again. To push for a leader backed by the west & dismantle the Iranian government I imagine. Civil unrest is what the MSN want us to see, they want Iran to appear to us as a fascist dictatorship.

While people point fingers at Iran saying that they want Israel wiped off the map. Let it be known that the Irsraeli goverment has said the same things about Iran.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, Iran is grumpy at the west, and so its a normal rally chant that effects the common people of iran (or used to until Obama got in anyhow...now its not resonating as much as it used to).

China and Russia always stood defiant at the US and so the complaining about their involvement wouldnt really effect the population as much as the omg, your being a American tool argument.

Frankly, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by saying America/UK are behind the movement in Iran that is demanding a fair and open election...they will smash down the mistrust of the west better than any propaganda we could do by ourselves...which is why the west must stand back and just watch what happens...the Gov over there is drawing a line in the sand and pushing more of their population over to the other side of the gov by the day.

I suspect this time next year, Iran will be a very different place...maybe not, but should things keep going the way they are...
I highly encourage the current administration over there to keep blaming the west. they are doing everyone a favor by this action.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

That still doesn't answer the question I posed. Russia and China both are meddling just as much if not more in the area. Russia and Putin just want to stir the pot in the area because it causes problems for us. China wants and needs the oil reserves much more than we do to continue with their own booming economy. It's the reason they are making deals with Cuba to drill in the Gulf where we are not allowed to by our environmental nazi's. Still no one is acknowledging that they are involved. Only the US and UK are ever demonized!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Russia has no interest in a change of regime in Iran. Iran locks the Caspian Sea. Russia cannot afford to lose it to the West. It's a top priority for Russia. The play a role in helping the regime not the unrest.
For China, it's debattable. At first, I can't see what China could win. A new regime in Iran will certainly be very West-leaning. On second thought, China looks sometimes like they play a double game and they are more subtle and secretive in their strategies.

It's much more credible to me the West is blamed for the unrest. I don't claim the West fomented it but at the very least, they are trying to take advantage of the situation. They'd be idiots not to try.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Thats the power of the main stream media. Tell people that Iran's elections were hijacked and is becoming a dictatorship and watch the american people jump on the bandwagon. Is it any coincedence that Israel is also 'practicing' an air assault? As if the US hadn't suspected any protests or want them??

For all we know the election results were fair and the MSN is meddling once again. To push for a leader backed by the west & dismantle the Iranian government I imagine. Civil unrest is what the MSN want us to see, they want Iran to appear to us as a fascist dictatorship.

While people point fingers at Iran saying that they want Israel wiped off the map. Let it be known that the Irsraeli goverment has said the same things about Iran.

Please provide some link regarding Israel's government stating they want Iran wiped off the map? Broad accusations like that need to be backed up.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Do you think maybe Israel might benefit from "meddling" in the area? They have one of the best intelligence groups in the world. Does Israel have anything to gain by getting involved? Of course, Ahmedinejad threatend to blow Israel off the map...I'm very surprised that Israel is barely mentioned nowadays as being an operative in Iran...

Israel is not STUPID enough to state publicly that they want Iran "wiped off the map."

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, what do you expect, when we the American people and the British are the ones who will be labeled as bullies when the rest of the world is rallied up against us.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
That still doesn't answer the question I posed. Russia and China both are meddling just as much if not more in the area.

Zindo

They are? Do they have troops in a foreign country in that area? It's easy for them to point fingers at the US and UK. They've got Iran in a sandwich:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Let's take a leap and assume that the US, UK and Israel all have operatives working inside Iran.

We know there are Chinese and Russian operatives working in the US. In fact, most Governments have operatives within other nations, that is just the world that we live in.

My question is what could possibly be wrong with Iran changing directions?

What have we all been saying on ATS for the last 2 years? That Iran and the West were headed for war. That war would equal many deaths on both sides. Wouldn't it be much better if the youth of Iran, the women of Iran free themselves from this oppressive government?

I mean Iran could be the next U.A.E., Tehran could be the next Dubai! They have the oil money to do it. The youth want freedom, they want the ability to choose their future, worship as they wish, and to live free lives.

More power to them.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Does anybody else find it intriguing that no mention of Russia nor China has been made in reference to unrest and meddling in Iran, when they have just as much of a vested interest in the area as the US or UK does.

Ain't that the truth.

I am getting angry , seriously angry.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Iran’s enabler

China’s security relationship with Iran is broad. Despite over a decade of protests from Washington, China continues to export nuclear technology, chemical weapons precursors, and guided missiles to Iran. Indeed, China is one of Iran’s top two weapons suppliers (with Russia). A report in 2004 by the U.S.-China Security and Review Commission stated that "Chinese entities continue to assist Iran with dual-use missile-related items, raw materials and chemical weapons-related production equipment and technology” and noted that the transfers took place after the Chinese government pledged in December 2003 to withhold missile technology Iran.[3] The Central Intelligence Agency reported in 2004 that “Chinese entities are continuing work on a zirconium production facility at Esfahan that will enable Iran to produce cladding for reactor fuel.” Although Iran was a signatory to the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and was required to accept International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) safeguards on its production of zirconium fuel cladding, Iran made no moves to do so, and China exerted no influence to the contrary.[4]

www.heritage.org...

Yes I know we do the same thing,

But also now Russia is meddling over in SA.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Putin's main interest in Iran doesn't have anything to do with Iran itself. His main interest is world oil prices. His main goal is to cause as much unrest as possible in the Middle East to cause world oil prices to go up. As they go up, so does Russia's and Putin's wealth. As they go down, so does Russia's and Putin's wealth.

Russia close to economic collapse as oil price falls, experts predict

As to China, I think their main interest in Iran is as a trading partner.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Interesting and you know you just gave me a thought. One of the guys they keep showing on the MSM is holding up a sign "Down with England." So I thought it was the Iranian government that had this sentiment, and the people do not hold this sentiment. So perhaps this guy is one who is against the protests and pro-government, and holding up his sign in defiance of the protests? And that only makes me ask.. why are their signs in English? It's sort of amazing that they would be that keen on Public Relations, when it's obvious at the American "Tea Parties" those people don't seem to realize that people are going to actually read what their sign says....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

That's like when Clinton bombed that factory that was supposed to be a WMD factory and all the Iraqi's in the video the MSM showed had uniforms on that said 'Baby Milk Factory' on their backs in English!!
Makes you say HUMMMMMM!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Iran (and other countries) have gone for easy targets.

Unlike the UK & USA, Russia & China don't appear to have the 'soft belly' that is always presented in talks. America has all the media attention, and Britain for its past Empire, so both are easy to point out.

Russia and China are not people that you want to annoy. Both countries are famous for showing hard fronts. Basically they don't seem to go in for BS and pandering to others needs. Also both are quite cheap for buying from as well, so politically speaking, makes more sense to have them for 'friends'

If it came down to a conflict, then Russia & China are certainly not the types to be entering into a battle against.
Our forces are always tripping over red tape in their operations, including hilariously Health & Safety, whilst other forces are just simply shown where the target is.

If Western forces are told to take out a town, we are constrained by how many civilian casualties there are and full media attention. We will enter into negotiations, sanctions, embargoes etc.
Whilst Russia has a tendency to crack walnuts with sledgehammers, and appears to be under the impression that the civilians should have got out of the town early on. They also have the media attention but appear to use it as a warning to others.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Maybe, just maybe, thats because historically Russia and China haven't meddled in Irans affairs directly?

You are aware of British and American involvement in Iran, right? Like the fact that "we" deposed a democratically elected government in 1953 and put the Shah into power, ostensibly over oil policy.

Operation Ajax

And when they got rid of the Shah, we armed Saddam Hussein to the teeth and let him fight them.

And now "we" have forces either side of them after turning on their neighbours and ripping the heart out of their countries and are campaigning for sanctions and direct military action against their nuclear facilities, with a US Presedential candidate on record as singing "bomb bomb bomb" Iran.

Why should they think of us in a positive light, exactly?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I am quite aware of Mosadeq and a few others in the region but I'm talking in the here and now. China as well as Russia are all over Africa today and they are not there to simply make friends and influence people. They are there to take over much like the US and UK and Belgium did in the 60's! China does have troops in Africa today. Russia has had 'advisers' in Africa for over 60 years. They are the ones that have fomented most of the problems of Africa. Not the US and UK.

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join