It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU stand accused of ending the world!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Alright I think I have figured something out. I am going to ask you to bear with me on this as I explain. Then take what I have laid out and give me your opinion. Not just atheists or non believers, not just Christians or believers but everyone.

I was bought up with supposedly Catholic parents. We had a Bible in the house and I remember asking about it. I forget what I was told but I know I was told we are Catholic. I remember being fond of what I found in the Bible but I was not encouraged by either one of my parents to pursue it.

The Bible went to the way side but always remained with me. I knew there must be a God. At one particular troubling time in my childhood I remember asking myself who could help with the situation at hand. All seemed lost. Then I remembered the Bible and prayed to God for the situation to end.

The situation ended. I remember having a cup of tea afterward and being comforted by an older sibling. It was no small event believe me. It was very troubling and had been going on my whole life. God changed the whole thing for me.

I attribute that one miracle to God. Not Catholicism or religion but God. The God of the Bible. I never went to catechism or made my communion as most other Catholic children in the community were forced to. I never went to Church or any Sunday school when I was younger. But God was with me I felt Him.

I knew right from wrong but followed the wrong more or less as I grew older. But God was always there. I developed a relationship with Him apart from the Catholic Church and religion. He has brought me a long way and protected me in ways that I will not elaborate on. I have been given the proverbial second chance so many times that leads me to believe that only God could do this.

So here I am now. No religion, just a relationship with God. I love the Bible and find its truths to apply to absolutely everything that comes my way. Why? I can only say God is real. Religion is not. Is that because I was not forced to attend all the Catholic rituals? More than likely but what of others who have been force fed a set of rules and rituals to follow that will supposedly appease God? Follow this set of rules and you will find favor with God. Don’t follow them and you may end up in hell. Is this the way to present God to people? I do not believe so. He is much much bigger than this.

Now we have an influx of different religions in our country. I am going to use Islam because it is the most obvious. I have started a few threads on the topic and I wanted to thank everyone for their input because without it I would not have come across this epiphany. People find comfort and peace when they believe what they are doing is pleasing to God. If they have a strict set of rules to follow they can be sure that they have checked off on everything and all is well. If someone else with a different set of rules comes along and infringes on their list of rules they become angry.

They then begin to twist their set of rules to fit in with their desire to enforce their beliefs. In extreme cases war breaks out. On a smaller scale rifts in communities begin to widen and hate steps in. The devil stands atop the heap of human carnage and declares that these are his. Look how easily deceived we are. How can we let the TPTB pervert a relationship with God like this? Am I onto something here? Can you see what I mean? Am I saying I have it all figured out? No Way! I may be blind as a bat and being deceived myself. This is a possibility that I have considered and I’m working on it with your help. So thank you in advance for your input.

Has human kind been pitted against one another with religion so as to foster war? How do we stop it? Can it be stopped? Those are the questions I’d like to discuss.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yes it can be stopped. We need to get rid of the world leaders, corruption, borders, frivolous lawsuits, lawyers, bankers, insurance companies, oil companies, religions, religious leaders, money, secret societies, weapons, weapons of mass destruction, and then we might be able to live peacefully.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Your title is a little dramatic isn't it?

Let me get this straight. You are complaining about religion, religious rules, religious rites and yet by your own admission you haven't even bothered to study or figure out your own family's traditional religion? I am not trying to be a jerk but how can you disagree with something when you don't even know what you are disagreeing with?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

When the source of your truth has been peculating through the minds of men for a couple of thousand years , how do you trust the source ?.

Though you have decoupled yourself from the religious institutions , the document you cherish i.e the bible , has been moulded by man often to suit the political will of the "earthly authority" who complied and deciphered it .

Can its influence be undone ?

I think the idea of discarding the institution of religion is one thing but can you undo its influence on your spiritual development.
I would loosely liken it to somebody renouncing their nationality , handing back their passport ......... but they cannot undo the influence that their culture had upon them in their formative years. e.g their accent and many other subtler remnants of the culture they were steeped in.

Am I saying I have it all figured out? No Way! I may be blind as a bat and being deceived myself. This is a possibility that I have considered and I’m working on it with your help.

This admission of yours shows a healthy humility IMHO .

Allow me to join you, in expressing the possibility that i also may be deceiving myself.

Edit:typo

[edit on 21-6-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick

Your title is a little dramatic isn't it?

Let me get this straight. You are complaining about religion, religious rules, religious rites and yet by your own admission you haven't even bothered to study or figure out your own family's traditional religion? I am not trying to be a jerk but how can you disagree with something when you don't even know what you are disagreeing with?

I am not disagreeing with anything. I am merely saying that religion seems to divide people. I believe God cannot be forced into a strict religion or set of rules without repercussions. I do not disagree with Catholosism altogether. Nor do I disagree with Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian, or any other label that helps people. I am trying to figure out why these different religions or sets of rules have been established in the first place.

I just believe I see something going on because I do not adhere to a specific set of rules or traditions that have been added to the Bible by religions.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How can one limit God to a rulebook or tradition? When it all comes down, which it will, will you be able to say, "Look I've followed all the rules, and those people that I forced away and hurt were not following your rules. So I did you a favor. Where's my reward?". That is what I believe we are being told to believe.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

your are right about that.
But i doubt that will ever happen
even if we did eventually find ultimate liberty, Peace and freedom of expression there would be some nut job trying to turn it back to how it used to be and we would end up back at square one.

Im Proud to be born of the planet earth.
I hate how these rulers pin us in to one corner and tell us the other corner hates us. Its all lies to hold us back from our true destiney. Religion is the bully of the playground.

[edit on 21/6/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I tried to add another star and couldn't. That is what it is like. A bully in the playground! What is dividing us will kill us. The reason for the title of the thread is because of a verse in the Bible I remembered and would like to share. Not trying to get anyone on board here I just think it fits.

Revelation 12:10 10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

You see the accuser is busy telling God all about how he has tricked us into believing what he is telling us. And we buy into it and solidify our positions.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Can religion be blamed for war?

Are religion and religious differences to blame for war and conflict? Many war leaders have claimed to have God on their side, but should religion get the blame? A "War Audit" commissioned for the BBC programme "What the World Thinks of God" investigates the links between war and religion through the ages. It was carried out by researchers at the Department of Peace Studies at Bradford University.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A good article to read. I believe we are so off course that it is irreversible. But then I am encouraged and reminded that God can do anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
meh, religion's just a handy common denominator, people like to get together in groups and fight with each other, god, skin colour, which side of a river you were born on, what brand of beer you prefer, doesn't matter, it's just a handy reason for beating the crap out of each other.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Jackflap, Peace to you:

We must remember that "religion" is a man-made idea and really has nothing at all to do with the Heavenly Father. The "church" we have today is such a poor example of what Christ envisioned for us, but he knew Satan would attack the new christians and their attempts to begin new places of worship and fellowship.

Praise God that he was there for you in the time of your life that you needed some supernatural help, as the "Footprints" poem says, there are times where there are only one set of footprints in the sand, because he is carrying us through the storm. So happy for you.

It is indeed sad that Christians want to be more up front of what church they belong to and not really understand their own Bible. So sad!

My church is my front porch out by a line of tall pine trees. I have a beautiful mountian view, warm sunshine and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, there is much joy in my heart as I sing some old hymns and the wind begins to make the pine trees sway in tune, well you just have to be there to really experience it.

Could there be a big war because of "religion"? Yes, I am afraid that will happen. The Bible tells us what will happen and man will take care of the rest. Fear can enable even the most timid man to stand up and defend his country, his family, and everything he believes in, if he fears someone "over there" wants to take it all away from him.

Christ many times was seen as a man of peace and love. He was here to show us the Father and how we could have our own personal relationship with our Father. Jesus, showed us the true meaning of what it really meant to "love" our fellowman and as Jesus kept showing us ways to love and care for each other, there were other men who were looking for a way to kill"truth", "love", "mercy" and "forgiveness".

It's not Christ's death we rejoice in as much as The Resurrection. Praise God. He already had a plan. He knew the mob was coming after him and what did he do? He turned the other cheeck and went with the Roman Guards in peace. He knew and understood his Father's will and knew there was a big surprise at the end for everyone.

We need to stay in the spirit now more then ever, so the Holy Spirit can always reach our spirit. We need to stay in a prayer or mediation state of mind and keep our ears and eyes open, and stay in the Bible. There is a lot of truth and history in that book and it will be most helpful during the end days. But more then ever we need to stay in contact with God as he will help us through what ever comes before us. It is all in his hands,

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Thank you Grandma for that post. You made my day and my thoughts a lot clearer. I appreciate that you thought enough to post. I know exactly what you mean when you say the pine trees begin to sway in tune and you can feel the Holy Spirit with you. I will keep this in mind and stay on course. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
Has human kind been pitted against one another with religion so as to foster war?

Yes. It's some of the Figures spoken to in "Other Sections" of ATS.

The Illumiatti
The Free Masons
White vs Black Majik
The Holy Grail and Angels and Demons Hordes
The Merovigians and the Kingdoms of Europa

Two distinctly opposing (Apparently) sides pitting each against the other to end "Religions" of the three faiths, and to usher in the New Religion of the New World Order.

All of these groups have one goal in mind, and actually are acting together, with some minor distinctions between themselves. They wish to place their illuminated god into the Temple to cease the sacrafice and claim that he is God. Standing where he ought not. Some of the minor differences are the British Monarchy and all it controls posing as White Majik, and the French side posing as Black Majik.

The Mason's also, are involved pushing each side as well. They wish their master to be the one Standing where he ought not.

What is the current one (Phoney War) begining to be fed down our collective Throat? Iran and the Redneck President they have. He is to be Public Enemy # 1 to the West, and the Criminal Global Media Elites are doing everything they can to churn out pablum for the masses so they can have a small taste of whats occuring, in their minds, without any comprehension of the FACTs, which the Criminal Global Elites tend to omit.

How do we stop it?

Are the Teachings outlined in the Bible telling us to stop it? No, even in Christ's own words he has given us the message these things will occur.

It is our responsibility to watch for the signs and be ready for the spiritual warfare that is to come. Paul also tells us how we are to be prepared and equiped. Christ gave us the Trigger for the end times in the Parable of the Fig Tree (Israel's Return), and Revelations tell us what we can expect to be against.

To me, it just seems, we are being told, this is what is coming. Are you ready?

Can it be stopped?

Well from the ulitmate perspective, why would we wish to.

Living in a Polluted Earth, with all of the Poisons of some 10000 years or so effecting the People with deseases and viruses, while a 1/3 of the globe is starving with nothing but rags on their backs.

It's this, along with the Corperate Globalists that have us all enslaved in someway or another.

No, I await the Millenium Kingdom, and look forward to living free from Deseases and to a ripe age of 1000 Years or so. I also look forward to hearing the Word from the Living Word, free from the DOCTRINES AND THEOLOGIES MAN has put ahead and above of the Word of God.

But maybe that is just me!

Those are the questions I’d like to discuss.

I hope I gave you a reply to those questions that merits discussion.

In closing, NICE little Testament my friend. You are on the proper path. Keep studying and pay little attention to the "RELIGIOUS" side of your faith. Religion is for those who have no interest in Studying that Bible collecting Dust. They have no time to read the Letter God Gave them. So they take the word or Pastor's and Clergy and Such to do it for them, all the while, what is taught in Church bears very little resembalance to what the scriptures actually note.

God Bless you and yours

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Does your body have cells that war against each other? Does anyone have the "Able"ity to overcome Cain sir?

Are the white T cells, the saviors of the body or the Red blood cells. Cells divide themselves to become new cells with new instructions, and so do viruses.

Do you cherish the cells that hurt the body? Do the cells that kill the body, cherish it's host? Do you notice what your cells call you or do you notice what your cells do? Do you notice you are a miracle, a being come in to life by will alone?

Remember this always...God's words are spirit and truth. Spirit because they are spoken, truth because the word spoken is accomplished.

For example:
Jesus is the name spoken....Spirit. Yet his name means nothing to the average person other then Savior if that is what they accept. Even then, his name is still worthless having not meaning other then a "place marker".
But, his name becomes truth witnessed and complete when we understand "in his name" means.

The name is Yeshua. A cognitive of Yahweh meaning "The existing one"...YOU...and Shua meaning Salvation.

Now lets understand who Jesus is...."The existing one" or "Self existent + Salvation"...."To the least of these, so to have you done unto me"...

Jesus is not a name, it is a determination of will given by God....The living God....Look around....Who is living and who is not?....The living God or the Imaginary God"

"What so ever you ask (IN MY NAME-Self existent salvation) I will do"....

Anyway congrats on Losing Religion....After all it is Re Legion..."for we are many"....

Peace

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Yes, God is great, and Jesus is great.

Good luck to you. I hope that you will find Jesus, now that you have found God.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Matthew 7:13-14 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Already done that. Thanks for mentioning this. I know Jesus is the way to salvation and I have asked Him into my life. It is the only reason I am still breathing. Believe me.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Yes I think your on to something big. Great post.

Dont waste your time with the bible knockers and pharisees. They think the Powers that be wrote the bible to control us, ha ha ha, if that where the case , it didnt work did it, if it controlled us, we wouldnt be in the mess we are in now. The powers that be put the saviour to death in order to stamp out his message that didnt work either did it?. He he he before Constantine stepped in with the apostate anit-christ church in 300AD the whole world was nearly won to Christ.

The bible and it's divine inspiration is fundamnetal to the faith it is the last great battle field for faith, however Ivan Panin signed the death warrant to all mockers of divine inspiration as far back as 1899, and even the so called Christian Church's leaders rejected his discovery, not all but most, as unimportant, today his work will be resurected in a mighty way, for it is irrefuteable proof that God divinely insired every word of the greek and hebrew scripture and Panin, using bible numerics ( the mathmatical pattern God has placed in every word of scripture, thats right every word) to restore it to the state of its original delivery.

In actual fact his work of 50 years built upon the 50 yeats work fo Westcot and Hort (100 years work in total) is so convincing and so irrefuteable, that faith is not even required to belive God wrote it through men.

The illuminati are behind all cults and false religions masgurading as wolves in sheeps clothing even in the so called Christian Churches, that's a big favourite hide out for them. The illuminati love being ministers and pastors of the false gospel its a favoursed position and front of theirs.

Satan is going buck wild with all the mystery school resurgence the exoteric and the escoteric, the luiferian black arts masgurading as an angel fo light.

Im telling you now, those who believe this evil are deluded by the evil one, and you had better repent for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
my departed grandfather was a baptist pastor ho spent my whole child hood reading me the bible (multiple versions and translations) he read me what apocrypha was available at the time, he read me theological studies of various religons. he bought me my tibetan book of the dead as well as my egyption book of the dead, and my beloved copy of drawing down the moon a study in modern paganisim. he did all this and more simply because he wanted me to be able to follow my heart and let it lead me to god, and it did , just not his god. after i told him that i became a worshiper of thanatos the greek god of death who visited me in dreams. he wasent upset he simply said "its not important what you choose to have faith in, just that you have faith in your heart." and i think thats the real message of spirituality , it dosent matter who or what you put your faith in just that you have faith.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Proverbs: There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end it leads to death.

Many will follow their hearts in to an eternity separated from the one true God.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Imago Dei

all paths lead to death, but death isent the end its just the begining. for me hopefuly i lived the life i was given in a just manor, fair to my fellow man and loving and loyal to my god. if so ill have my reward a eternity in the elysian island with thanatos, as his loyal and content servent.

i always found it funny that a god who admits to the exsistance of other gods "-- for you shall not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God--" would show the sin of pride "one true god" as well as the sin of envy "for he is a jealous god"

would have so many followers that say there is no other gods, and their way is the only true way. sounds like more envy and pride to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join