It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Legal vs. Joe Illegal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here they won't work for less than $10 an hour plus lunch, transportation and beer after work.

illegal immigrant (most of them) work for minimum wage , no benefits, no medic care, but they still have to pay taxes...
also, don't get confused, those illegal immigrants that work in construction (yeah, those who stand in the corner of home depot) are a minority, about 10 percent of all immigrants work like that, the rest go to job agencies and work for minimum wages)and no benefits) something you Americans won't do in a million years

Not here they don't. You cannot know how "the rest" do if you don't live everywhere. They get all the benefits they ask for, the work is for cash and if you offer less they will laugh in your face and walk away. How can they be here to improve themselves and work for a better future and flip you off if you don't offer up to their standards.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker

Here they won't work for less than $10 an hour plus lunch, transportation and beer after work.

illegal immigrant (most of them) work for minimum wage , no benefits, no medic care, but they still have to pay taxes...
also, don't get confused, those illegal immigrants that work in construction (yeah, those who stand in the corner of home depot) are a minority, about 10 percent of all immigrants work like that, the rest go to job agencies and work for minimum wages)and no benefits) something you Americans won't do in a million years

Not here they don't. You cannot know how "the rest" do if you don't live everywhere. They get all the benefits they ask for, the work is for cash and if you offer less they will laugh in your face and walk away. How can they be here to improve themselves and work for a better future and flip you off if you don't offer up to their standards.

This is insane...
Thank "God" nationalists are a minority....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Ya right, We're sick of the drag on the economy and have laws that are supposed to prevent this and we are called Nationalists. I've got news for you! Most people are NOT globalists and NEVER will be. If you don't like how our country works, do us all a favor here and keep your globalist notions to yourself and stay out of our country because your ideas aren't needed or wanted by the majority of citizens here. One Worlders are never going to change this. They are only going to cause more trouble than its worth because with one world you end up with one dictator and we all know how that works for the citizens under that type of government!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
An EXCELLENT thread, thank you OP

S&F

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Jethro, thats not a solution. Its pie in the sky wishing, Its never going to be that way and No country will ever be that way.

Simply saying it's so doesn't mean anything to me. The big questions are these:

1) Why is it not a solution?
2) Is more traditionally American government "pie in the sky wishing"?
3) On what basis or emperical evidence do you say "no country will ever be that way" and about what are you saying it about?

If you think you know a way to change human nature than maybe, (and thats very doubtful) you might, could, change the situation!

You speak of "human nature" but do not refer to which aspect of human nature you mean. What about human nature would I be attempting to change?

If you enjoy paying for this folly, be my guest, but I do not wish too any longer!
Zindo

Honestly, I do not wish to pay for the current Social Security recipients, medicare, medicaid, food programs, public schools, etc etc etc yet I must because we have continued to try to truncate and protect ourselves from the inevitable realities of self-governance and personal freedom.

I could care less about "illegals" or "citizens". I don't fancy folks taking bread off my children's plate to give to another sob story.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
So you are saying that all Americans should no longer be receiving the benefits of these programs? We should be punished for the wrongs of others....again.

Yes, that is what I am saying. The fact that you see removing government power, retaining personal money, and allowing the proper social charity system to work is a "punishment" really saddens me.

You, nor anyone else, has any right to the sweat off my brow before my wife and children do unless I so choose to give it.

That is, literally, one of the few foundational supports this nation was started on.

And if you meant remove them from illegals, then I don't think your post makes sense. They don't receive those things now. They can't get a legitimate ss# w/o following through with citizenship.

Honestly I have no problem with people coming here to work, legal or not. What I have an issue with is wealth redistribution and other public works (like public schooling) stemming from the federal government.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

These MS13 gangs are here in New england and in many other places. people still want open borders? Watch the video!

Immigration gumball will put some perspective on the immigration debate.
www.youtube.com...
Excellent video!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here is an easier way to help poor people. Micro loans!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

These MS13 gangs are here in New england and in many other places. people still want open borders? Watch the video!

Ok, you can't blame the actions of one gang on an entire group of people.

According to wikipedia, MS 13 is estimated to have around 50,000 members. There are currently approximately 20 million illegals living in the United States. Based on those figures, one quarter of 1% of all illegal immigrants is a member of MS 13, and that is assuming that all of the members of MS 13 are illegals, which is most likely false.

Black Americans make up the majority of gang members, so I guess we should kick all of them out as well? Or since they are here legally, when they decide to gang up and terrorize urban areas its A-OK?

White people almost exclusively make up the KKK, but as long as they're not minorities there's nothing to worry about?

It's when people bring up things like gang violence, which are taken part in by such an extreme minority of illegal immigrants, that the underlying racism in many of the arguments for deporting illegals emerges. I regularly maintain conversations with some illegal citizens I know from work. They are just regular people, trying to raise a family and lead a better life than they would have in Mexico (a.k.a the American Dream). Believe me, if they had the opportunity to emigrate legally they would have. They would love nothing greater than to make more than $5 an hour to mow grass all day in the hot Florida sun.

Why should an entire group of people be punished for the actions of 1/4 of 1%? It doesn't make any logical sense.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
they can be regular people in thier own country and them having a better life is not my problem and i couldnt care less if they have a crappy life im fed up with people saying that we need to feel sorry for these people when money that should be spent on us gets spent on them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
drwizard, I am just trying to show how having open borders lets anyone in and how dangerous it is for the American people. Do you realize how many lives have been lost due to illegal immigrants?? Yes, some are just regular people, but unfortunately with open borders, we are getting gang members, pedophiles, murderers...Do you realize how many lives have been touched by this needlessly? All races commit atrocities, but if we screen who is coming in, we would have much less of this going on.

I have worked with many illegals, gone to their weddings, baby showers, family gatherings. I am not against immigration and all these illegals that I know are aware of my stance on the issue. I have encouraged them to apply for citizenship. Some have and others have not.

The second video link shows how sadly, we simply cannot afford to take in everyone. The last video link shows but one solution in helping third world people with what are called micro loans.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manwin
Good points OP. Illegal immigration is one of the REASONS California is in such a mess financially. Starred & flagged.

Another MISINFORMED "he said, she said" repeat what you hear.

I live in the country 25 YEARS ILLEGALLY - 2 wives 2 children one step child, PAID TAXES EVERY YEAR.

NEVER took anything from social services because for one YOU CAN"T!!!!

people look so stupid talking about things they have 4th hand information of. yehhh I know you know it to be true because you think it or he said she. but let the government screw you every which way from Sunday and you believe it.

We are all illegals on this planet and now ILLEGALS in space. wake up.

It's all a blame game and just a distraction from whats really happening. but you'll never see it and all the evidence to correct you will only fall on def ears.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

I do not believe your making a valid point. It might have been that 25 years ago you could not get benefits from city and state governments but in the last 8 years that has changed in many states! In states with Sanctuary Cities is common for illegals to flock there and receive all the benefits we have been posting about. In many states workers in the welfare offices and the law enforcement cannot even ask if someone is illegal so your point that what we are saying is some kneejerk fantasy doesn't hold water!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Night Star

Ok, you can't blame the actions of one gang on an entire group of people.

According to wikipedia, MS 13 is estimated to have around 50,000 members. There are currently approximately 20 million illegals living in the United States. Based on those figures, one quarter of 1% of all illegal immigrants is a member of MS 13, and that is assuming that all of the members of MS 13 are illegals, which is most likely false.

Black Americans make up the majority of gang members, so I guess we should kick all of them out as well? Or since they are here legally, when they decide to gang up and terrorize urban areas its A-OK?

White people almost exclusively make up the KKK, but as long as they're not minorities there's nothing to worry about?

It's when people bring up things like gang violence, which are taken part in by such an extreme minority of illegal immigrants, that the underlying racism in many of the arguments for deporting illegals emerges. I regularly maintain conversations with some illegal citizens I know from work. They are just regular people, trying to raise a family and lead a better life than they would have in Mexico (a.k.a the American Dream). Believe me, if they had the opportunity to emigrate legally they would have. They would love nothing greater than to make more than $5 an hour to mow grass all day in the hot Florida sun.

Why should an entire group of people be punished for the actions of 1/4 of 1%? It doesn't make any logical sense.

Drwizard I think you make very good points that no one replies to. If they do...its really not much of a reply. I think your posts and mine are REAL TALK that many decide to ignore. PROPS to you my friend.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
its not that things changed since then, the problem as I see it is people in general DO NOT UNDERSTAND the screwed up immigration system.

A recent example is if you listen to coast2coast ..... look at Art Bells immigration problems and he has financial means to push through the bureaucracy.

Take Joe illegal and his limited means, not happening.

By the way, when I was asked to leave, they took my truck and sent me packing, I left behind a truck payment, medical bills I was paying and a wife and children. sounds like a nice system to me.

Ohhhhh yeh I'm pissed. but you guys can carry my financial load now.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Legally we are supposed to let in just so many immigrants per year. We are and have been paying for illegal immigrants. One problem is that there are so many who do not pay taxes and who do get many benefits at the tax payers expense. There are just too many people who can barely afford their own expenses, never mind the burden of some who come here illegally. There simply are not enough jobs for everyone to be cared for equally.

I would love nothing more than for all people to be equal in the world. I would love more than anything if countries took care of their people, but they don't. It would be amazing if America could save the world, but they can't. There are immigrants who are far poorer than those crossing the borders. Do we care? Of course we do. Of course we have compassion. We also have laws like every other country that some people choose to ignore and take advantage of our system. I do feel bad for those who came here illegally and are desperate for a better life, however with open borders, it poses a security risk to America. Illegals would never question the laws of another country yet demand rights here in America.

With so many millions of people who are jobless and desperately trying to survive, with so many homeless and hungry that are here legally, we simply cannot allow laws to be broken.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It is sad that our governments are all about power and greed. It seems that money is more important than human lives and shouldn't be that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join