It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Legal vs. Joe Illegal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Having work to help immigrants, both in the US and the UK (social worker) i have to say..what the OP posted are utter lies and misinformation..

Nationalist like him are the ones destroying their country and also the image of hard working people that only immigrate not to cause harm but to have a better life for themselves and their families.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
what are people going to do about this , when you think about it these illegals are literatly threatening your way of life and lowering your chance of survival and prosperity, what does america gain from an illegal nothing and the majority of illegals are the dregs you dont want in your country that are at the bottom ,america has lots of legal citzens at the bottom and i dont think theyd want to be any lower than they have to be

but i also say im for immigration it just id rather we get professionals like doctors, nurse's people with brains and skills , not cleaners, gardeners, and cheap labour, its a lot cheaper for professionals to integrate them into a sociaty rather than have to hold hand and fork out billions to help the illegals and just like people have signs in there gardens saying tresspassers will be shot i think the states and other countries should do the same

go home illegals

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Like I said in reply to the rather ignorant PM you sent me! Our system is NOT flawed, It is the ignorance and stupidity of our government not enforcing the laws that Legal Immigrants follow that is the problem. Fact is we don't need any more unskilled labor here. We need those that have something to contribute and want to become citizens here. Not become members of La Raza with foolish thoughts and intent to retake the southwest back for Mexico. They are drains on our system and I care not one whit what your thoughts are on the matter!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Not become members of La Raza with foolish thoughts and intent to retake the southwest back for Mexico.

Zindo

What.The.Heck???

and you dare to call me ignorant... that statement is so insane that i have no words for it...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I guess you haven't heard of the Reconquista Movement have you?

www.humanevents.com...

Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I guess you haven't heard of the Reconquista Movement have you?

www.humanevents.com...

Zindo

yeah, the source is a nationalist conservative website....

and if this were true (which is not) are you really going to blame every single illegal immigrant?? i mean, there are other immigrants that are not Mexican.. you have Colombians, Uruguayan, Etc.. and they have nothing to do with central America and Mexico.
there are neo-nazi groups , am i going to blame every single white man??
you statements are ignorant and full with hatred..
BE MAD AT YOUR GOVERNMENT, DON'T USE IMMIGRANTS AS YOUR SCAPEGOAT...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'm not blaming Immigrants I'm blaming the criminal Illegal Immigrant. If you wish to ignore our laws then please don't be mad when someone gets pissed about it and wants it changed. Your a social worker from what you've told me and if that's the case and you are one who is aiding and abetting this criminal act, you should be arrested as well and deported back to England or where ever it is you have come from!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm not blaming Immigrants I'm blaming the criminal Illegal Immigrant. If you wish to ignore our laws then please don't be mad when someone gets pissed about it and wants it changed. Your a social worker from what you've told me and if that's the case and you are one who is aiding and abetting this criminal act, you should be arrested as well and deported back to England or where ever it is you have come from!

Zindo

Exactly what I stated on my earlier post. This thread was started with emotional motivation. There no sense of proper information coming out of here. It's ok to be mad. You just need to know who to be mad at. Who do you get mad when your favorite team loses?? The coach? Your team?? Or the other team for being too good?? You cant change anything by sitting around being "pissed" and talking about wanting to change. You have to get up and vote. Change your state leaders.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. "
~Hitler

Edit to add quote

[edit on 5/28/2006 by angelslayer]

[edit on 5/28/2006 by angelslayer]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Excellent thread! I am glad you took the time to point out the major fallacies and flaws in the pro-illegal argument. How can they be paying taxes when they are working under the table, undeclared income, and no social security number? it's pure BS.

it costs us alot more in more ways than taxes to keep up the numbers of illegals.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
good thread...but do not leave out the fact that if joe legal works for a sub that only uses legal workers he is more than likely out of a job in the southwest. The general contractors today have little or no chance of getting a contract when competing against contractors who could care less about whether or not their employees are legal. Do not forget about the out of work construction worker in the southwest who won't be hired because he can't speak spanish and the rest of that companies' employees speak little english or none at all. Don't forget that the illegal who is paying taxes is only doing so because he or she stole someone elses identity . Don't forget that even if these identity thieves are paying taxes they are paying, on the average, one third less than the American citizen because they, on average, work for one third less than the average american citizen for the same job. And don't forget that because they are working for less more american citizens are out of work and collecting unemployment that comes from tax dollars. So who do we blame...as usual it is the greedy mofos that could care less who is doing their work, as long as they are doing it for as cheap as possible so they have more money to take 3 vacations a year, buy their trophy wives an escalade or something like that, or just to have more and more money because, no matter how much they have , it is never enough.

My opinion on how to solve this is that we need to start charging illegals for the priviledge to work here. give them all 90 days to go back to the border...then take maybe a million a year, and charge them all $2000 a year for the priviledge of working in the usa...review them every year, and upon a favorable review( no criminal violations, a good work history etc.) let them stay another year and we get another $2000...they do good 7 years in a row allow them to legally begin the citizenship process if they wish. We get the money...they make the money, and they become citizens the right way, oh, and enforce the law to the max against businesses that use illegal labor...that is code for put the creeps in prison if they continue to hire illegals after all that.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

Here in the NE the bids are the same but the profit margin by using illegals is what drives the hiring. If your a union carpenter, you have no chance of finding work. If your a mason it's the same story. They pay south Americans one third they would pay citizens and still bid like they where hiring union members! They end up with substandard work and eventually have to spend more money fixing the problems caused by unskilled or uncertified labor! I have to have a special license that I must renew and be tested every 2 years along with insurance and drug testing. None of that is required of the illegals!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

I like it!!! Pay to play!! Illegals are a millstone around the neck of our health care system,and our school systems .
Border crossing may be a misdemeanor,identity thieft is a felony!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Fantastic evidence that this entire debate is framed poorly, aimed at creating problems, and has no interest in the problem (only the effects).

So, a few points that has nothing to do with this discussion, but everything to do with the problem:

What is the prime difference between 50-100 years ago?

(pick the best 2)

a) immigration
b) illegal immigration
c) documentation of all
d) government aid

The answer is C and D. If a state provides no handouts then there is no cause for the level of documentation needed and one's citizenship would generally be irrelevant.

Income tax, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, State Education, food programs, housing aid, etc, etc, etc.

Remove that and illegal immigration ceases to be an issue and we might actually have a measure of peace in this stupid debate rather than continuing to see a problem and apply additional governmental band-aids and government force to solve what it created in the first place.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Jethro, thats not a solution. Its pie in the sky wishing, Its never going to be that way and No country will ever be that way. If you think you know a way to change human nature than maybe, (and thats very doubtful) you might, could, change the situation! If you enjoy paying for this folly, be my guest, but I do not wish too any longer!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bad2bone

As I did say, some illegal aliens make decent money....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

As a former illegal alien I can assure you that we were not eligible for any benefits such as Food Stamps, WIC, Section 8, ect;

They are here on the left coast, If you are illegal and have kids they will break down your door to make sure you get benefits. I have friends who are illegal, I work with illegals. If anyone tells you illegal aliens don't get benefits they either don't know or they are lying...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by lpowell0627

YES, YOU ARE HATED EVERYWHERE...lol

I wear the badge with honor.

What do you mean our flawed system? Not having enough border guards to keep them out? Do not blame Americans because we did not break the law, the illegal immigrants did. Just because our system is not perfect, illegals get to stay? Gimme a break.

Our system is flawed namely because we have more than a million illegals in this country. That alone should tell you it's flawed. And no, I don't want them to stay personally. BUT I do want them "flushed" out. And there seems no way to do this without "bait".

Companies employ illegal aliens because here in CA no one stops them from doing so, and they work cheaper.

And you asked me how/why the system was flawed? Here's a question: WHY DON'T YOU TURN THEM IN? TURN IN THE COMPANIES. TURN IN THE PEOPLE.

We've tried "immigrant amnesty" and it doesn't work.

So noted.

How many countries can you enter illegally and be treated as a citizen? One, the good ole USA.

Yes, and it's one of the things that makes us "special"

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

So you are saying that all Americans should no longer be receiving the benefits of these programs? We should be punished for the wrongs of others....again.

And if you meant remove them from illegals, then I don't think your post makes sense. They don't receive those things now. They can't get a legitimate ss# w/o following through with citizenship.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Very interesting. To be honest didn't read the whole thing as I'm in a hurry. The only thing I have an issue with is, I doubt Joe Illegal is making 15.00 an hour. When I worked doing construction for a contractor during college the illegals we picked up worked for $50 a day for 8 hours and a sandwich for lunch. I will admit, that was in 94-95 so they might be making much more now.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by really]

Here they won't work for less than $10 an hour plus lunch, transportation and beer after work.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker

Originally posted by really
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Very interesting. To be honest didn't read the whole thing as I'm in a hurry. The only thing I have an issue with is, I doubt Joe Illegal is making 15.00 an hour. When I worked doing construction for a contractor during college the illegals we picked up worked for $50 a day for 8 hours and a sandwich for lunch. I will admit, that was in 94-95 so they might be making much more now.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by really]

Here they won't work for less than $10 an hour plus lunch, transportation and beer after work.

illegal immigrant (most of them) work for minimum wage , no benefits, no medic care, but they still have to pay taxes...
also, don't get confused, those illegal immigrants that work in construction (yeah, those who stand in the corner of home depot) are a minority, about 10 percent of all immigrants work like that, the rest go to job agencies and work for minimum wages)and no benefits) something you Americans won't do in a million years

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join