It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tool to tell how much pesticide is on your food!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What's in my food? «LINK»
I have always known that a large amount of pesticides & various chemicals were in your food, but for the first time you can know for yourself. Rest assured washing your fruits and veggies is NOT enough! This will blow your mind!!!
Please star & flag everyone needs to know this info for their and their childrens sake!

Outside of ATS most of what we know about pesticide residue comes from the federal government, which sets limits on how much residue can remain on foods, and which tests foods periodically to gauge compliance. Now, the Pesticide Action Network has used that data to create a pioneering consumer-friendly database it just launched at whatsonmyfood.org. Now the knowledge is at your finger tips, so check it out you will be much surprised.

The interface is simple. You choose the food you like to eat, and it tells you how many and which kinds of pesticides have been detected on each item.

Best Regards
The Tick!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

Many of us now that anyway and numerical values are not as important.
The bad stuff is there and will be increasingly.
S&F on your thread because people must be reminded where we stand at...
Its not going to be better in the future...
Add modified food and the picture gets even worse.
Its hard to get the real stuff anymore...

My resolution is to grow most of the required stuff as soon as possible.

Thanks and take care!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I agree GEORGETHEGREEK, I mostly eat organic, but often I do not but I'm changing that. I am growing a large garden this year to help change that. The garden is not doing so well tho, It is much colder then normal this year in northern Arizona.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey there, Tick. Great post! I gave it an S&F, but I also thought I’d add some more info…

It isn’t necessary to buy ALL your produce organic. For example, bananas and avocados are fine since you don’t eat the outside. Follow the link for more info. but the following have consistantly shown low levels of pesticides.

• Asparagus
• Avocados
• Bananas
• Broccoli
• Cauliflower
• Corn (sweet)
• Kiwi
• Mangos
• Onions
• Papaya
• Pineapples
• Peas (sweet)

ALSO, just because it says ORGANIC, doesn’t exactly mean that your getting or “organic.”

Here is a list of the 38 farm products that could, under a USDA proposal, be used in foods that bear the USDA certified “organic” label, even though these ingredients are not produced organically. For more on this story, click here.
• Natural sausage casings (processed intestines)
• Celery powder
• Chia

Colors derived from these 19 extracts, juices and spices: Annatto extract, beet juice, beta-carotene derived from carrots, black currant juice, black/Purple carrot juice, blueberry juice, carrot juice, cherry juice, chokecherry-aronia juice, elderberry juice, grape juice, grape skin extract, paprika, pumpkin juice, purple potato juice, red cabbage extract, red radish extract, saffron extract and turmeric extract.

• Dillweed oil
• Fish oil
• Fructooligosaccharides
• Frozen Galangal
• Gelatin
• Hops
• Inulin enriched with oligofructose
• Konjac flour
• Frozen lemongrass
• Unbleached orange shellac
• Chipotle Chili Peppers
• Rice Starch
• Sweet Potato Starch
• Turkish bay leaves
• Wakame seaweed
• Whey protein concentrate

[edit on 24-6-2009 by apaulo]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the link and the info that I so didn't need to know. Makes my head spin with all the crap the government gets away with.

Star an flag, spread the love.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've heard that because organic food has to deal with insects and pests, the plants often produce more of their natural toxins, which can be even more harmful to us then pesticides.

what are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Brilliant or not brilliant should I say - have distributed this around to a few people....

Thanks S&F....

top topics

join