It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be taking notes from Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Look at what the Iranian people are doing! They are very brave for standing up for their rights. They are risking death by marching in the streets, going against the people that have kept them down. I hear so many people here and in real life say how unhappy they are with the government, how their rights and privelages (sp check?) are being taken away but they don't do anything about it. Which, I know I am one to talk, sitting here ranting about action on a website instead of going out and doing something
but I don't know the first thing about what I should do either
. We have had demonstrations, protests, tea parties etc. but NOTHING like what is going on in Iran. What will it take to get us all to seize the day and march in the streets? I'm not promoting violence, far from it, but promoting action!

Much love,
HarlieQuinn

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlieQuinn
Look at what the Iranian people are doing! They are very brave for standing up for their rights.

I respect your opinion on this and Im glad the Iranians are standing up for what they believe in.. hopefully they get somewhere!

Im just pointing out something kind of funny..

When the French were protesting recently against their governments, they were ridiculed by the US media for being pompous..

When the Iranian people begin to protest against their government, they are deemed hero's and the US is more than likely behind closed doors considering some kind of forceful action against Iran, subversive or whatever... while information is being leaked by the Pakistani's that the CIA has been funding much of the revolt.

Completely off topic now..
Its weird the way there is no Oil in France isn't it? And the French happen to be rich, well armed, have heavyweight allies and care about their citizens. Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The main reason it's going down in Iran is that the people are saying to the Mullah's.."What! You think were stupid!!"

The Iran people are very smart and advanced in all areas. This election was the straw that broke the camels back.

The Iran students and working class folks, finally saw a chance for change.. (especially for women in government chairs and voice etc..) and the damned Mullah's blantantly said "NO!!" and took all hope of change away.

The folks are pissed!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Forgive me, but I've just stopped my news boycott lately (MSM has ticked me off lately) and I didn't know about the protests in France. I will now look it up. Anyone protesting for their beliefs should be applauded, not just one nation. Thanks for informing me!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There is still no "hard" evidence that accounts for such a dramatic victory for Ahmadinejad being fraudelent...so while i think the mainly young people should be allowed to protest i think ahmadinejad won the election fair and square from voters that dont live in the big cities imo.Anyway as for why people in alot of western countries dont protest en mass? can't be bothered really...thats all it comes down to,they may piss and moan about how their government are running things,domestic and foreign policy.But in the end they just cant be bothered taking hard action against it because most still have food and entertainment ie bread and circus.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HarlieQuinn

It was to do with the financial crises.. not as big a deal obviously but along the same lines.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Its handy that protesters in london at g20, where terorists, and iran people are people marching for freedom..

Only thing you can learn is the hypocrisy in the western media over this issue.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
There is still no "hard" evidence that accounts for such a dramatic victory for Ahmadinejad being fraudelent...so while i think the mainly young people should be allowed to protest i think ahmadinejad won the election fair and square from voters that dont live in the big cities imo.Anyway as for why people in alot of western countries dont protest en mass? can't be bothered really...thats all it comes down to,they may piss and moan about how their government are running things,domestic and foreign policy.But in the end they just cant be bothered taking hard action against it because most still have food and entertainment ie bread and circus.

Sorry, that is the b/s that the MSM is shoveling. Protests are going on over most of the country. Tehran is just the flashpoint.

2/3rd of the population is under 30. The young vote IS the majority, plain and simple.

If Ahmadinejad won, then hell froze over and pigs can fly.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Its handy that protesters in london at g20, where terorists, and iran people are people marching for freedom..

Very true. MSM just jumps on the popular bandwagon. They push what the elite want.

Why do you think it took them four days to begin reporting on it? They were waiting for there orders from on high.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

They dont all live in the large cities though which is where most opposition votes were made,if anyone is being lured by MSM BS its most definetly not me.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Erm.... why were we terrorists? I didn't see any papers mentioning this...

Can you elaborate and possibly provide a link?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

The Sheites (spell check) run the country. They obviously rigged the election. Ahmadinejad speaks what the Sheites want to hear, that's why is reelected.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

While the clerics and religious leaders control most of the country...i will agree with that.You are still not showing me how the election was rigged to account for such a huge win for ahmadinejad.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

One man's Freedom Fighter, is another man's Terrorist. Same goes for the Somalian Pirates, they don't want to do it, but they have to in order to survive. The rest of the world used the country as a dumping ground of garbage and toxic waste. Allways look as both sides of the coin.

CX

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I wonder if the US public started protesting like the Iranians are doing, congress would pass a bill supporting our protesters too?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX.

top topics

join