It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Stayed Silent on Kidnapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Media Stayed Silent on Kidnapping

www.washingtonpost.com

Keller decided against it, and he was aided by silence from at least 40 major news organizations -- including, after a personal appeal, al-Jazeera -- that continued until yesterday, when the Times confirmed that Rohde and an assistant had escaped their Taliban captors in Pakistan. Keller consulted not only government experts but also other news organizations that had been through similar experiences, and there was "a pretty firm consensus," he said, "that you really amp up the danger when you go public. . . . It makes us cringe to sit on a news story," but in a life-or-death situation, "t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So now major news organizations - including - Al Jazeera - are working together to supress news?
I can not imagine how they can save a kidnapped journalist by doing so? It is just to "win" to propaganda war in my opinion. I dont think not having made a frontpage matters for the fanatical taliban, they loyalty is their faith not whats on the media.
Anyways the journalist apparently escaped? Yeah right, more like a ransom was paid.

Damn how I hate the mainstream media.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Its always best for the media to keep their mouth's shut while people behind the scenes try and negotiate.Slapping it across the news and papers is a bad idea and can make the kidnappers panic and simply think its not worth it anymore ie kill the hostage and dump their body.A good example imo of this was the UK Madeline Mccann case.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Funny how they don't hesitate to run stories that ruin and contribute violence to lives of evryone else on the planet (including war as it's happening).

There's absolutely No Sympathy from me, because first of all if you're in a country in the middle of some form of war and you get caught, then you get whatever is coming and deserve it.

[edit on 21/6/2009 by Revealation]

new topics

top topics

join