It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA has Distributed 400 Million Dollars Inside Iran to Evoke a Revolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Former Pakistani Army General Mirza Aslam Beig claims the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has distributed 400 million dollars inside Iran to evoke a revolution.

In a phone interview with the Pashto Radio on Monday, General Beig said that there is undisputed intelligence proving the US interference in Iran.

“The documents prove that the CIA spent 400 million dollars inside Iran to prop up a colorful-hollow revolution following the election,” he added.

Link to source

The news comes from a wordpress blog, so I am not sure how accurate or trustworthy the source is.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
but it couldn't be far from the truth
considering a looooong history
of CIA involvement in that region

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My heart weeps.

Iran has been distributing fake US notes for 20 years now.

Talk about reaping the whirlwind.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
First it was French intelligence messing up the middle east.. then it was British intelligence messing up the middle east.. For the past 40 years, its been US intelligence!!

An yet, we still believe that they are the destabilizing force in the world!?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Is this not the guy who had some part to play in 9-11? if so, I don't think he has ANY basis to talk about such things. If not, it was nice knowing ya', remember to write your will BEFORE you get on that flight good sir.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
And here they Go again looking after there own interests again.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Iran distributing fake US notes? Kudos.

Come on, ALL governments fake one another's bills to prop up their spending. It's FREE MONEY anyway.

That's why every Earthling must do likewise.
Print and be merry!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
One of my first thoughts when these recent events started in Iran, it´s CIA in the works again! They have done it before in the region (and in other countries as well, for example Ukrania). Good post OP!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Beware of spooks bearing gifts! The CIA has a long history of subversive shenanigans. As fast as they're fomenting Middle-East dystopia and unrest they are also compounding the negative opinions that many in power over there hold about the US. It's par for the course in foreign policy and the intelligence communities of world powers. Divide and conquer combined with Rumsfeld's (iirc) full spectrum dominance policies...is it just me or does it seem to escalate disorder and disputes?

A few years ago, following the war in Iraq, the CIA was alleged to be involved in a similar venture in Afghanistan. Essentially, they used money to destabilise the already screwed economy and score points for the 'war on drugs.' A front man was tasked with offering substantial bank checks to Afghani opium crop farmers for destroying their crops. Contrary to received wisdom the farmers aren't sinister heroin dealers intent on condemning American society to addiction. They grow crops that will sell to live. Taliban and warlords buy these crops from them. Many took up the offer and burnt their crops. This didn't go down well with the Taliban and many lost their lives as examples. Local warlords were similarly unimpressed that their profits from the drug trade were up in smoke.

The kicker was that most of the checks written by the frontman bounced and were refused. The check scheme had been a 'loss leader' whereby a few early checks were honored and set the ball rolling. As soon as the crops began burning, the account was closed. An investigative journalist wrote an extensive story in the UK's Sunday Observer magazine pointing the finger at the CIA.

The CIA play a different game by different rules and it's hard or impossible to work out who's keeping score and how

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Don't doubt it one bit. It would be to their advantage to support an uprising and destabilize the country.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zanoni

First thing I thought as well

Maybe we've been on ATS too long. Or maybe we're just the only people who pay attention to contemporary history.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"CIA has Distributed 400 Million Dollars Inside Iran to Evoke a Revolution"

Yep, this is one of those very real conspiracies folks. I always find it ironic how contrary the CIA are to the norm of true American values. For example, just recently they released some memos about torture. What most dont seem to understand is that this is just yet another bone they throw out for the public and particularly the Politicians and Journalists to jump and feast on, thinking its a steak.

I'm glad that the U.S is becoming more open, more transparent. But lets put it this way; the public havent seen 10% of what the CIA and similar agencies really know and are hiding. And if any of you think that this "torture" issue is that much worth focusing on and diverting from your time, then start getting prepared for the bigger and bigger disclosures in the future years to come.

Best regards,

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This just goes to show that Obama is continuning "Bush/Chinney" politics. Come on guys Barrack is not stupid, we all know this and he knows where the money is and how to get it...at the same time keeps the pay-role going for his Army, AirForce, Navy and marines!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hi everybody,

The 400 million dollars quote is not yet proven as fact, and the source, General Beig, could be seen to be suspect, it will be interesting to see if this is in fact true. It certainly fits in with the small amount of research I have done (I have read a few books, that makes me an expert lol). I wish the documents would be released proving the claim because I think people on this site are quite keen on accurate sources.

I once read an interesting book called 'All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror' by Stephen Kinzer. It gives great detail of the 1953 CIA sponsored bloody coup, sadly with a great dollop of British help. If the OP story is true, then it would be seen to be a continuation of this terrible policy of intervention in Iran.

The US government and alphabet agencies appear to be run by intelligent men who lack in wisdom, a truly shocking combination (IMHO).

Power and Equality,

Oh yeah, the 2000 US election was free and fair too, not.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by yyyyyyyyyy]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
To Majorion,

Is it accurate to use the phrase 'tip of the iceburg' for what you are describing. Or is it more like the idea of propaganda when 90 per cent of what you say (not you personally) it true, and this allows the other 10 per cent to be full of whooping lies? Or have I misunderstood? It would be nice to have disclosure, but for me, secrets should not have been kept in the first place.

Power and equality

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It is crazy and it really pisses me off that our local newspapers are lemmings and cover the front page with stories and lies spread by the main stream media. Does any paper in this country practice investigative journalism? Are they not allowed to actually research any of these stories? WTF isn't that considered spreading lies and rumours? Is that all our media is good for? What a shame that we internet peoples actually research stories to find the truth. Some public personnas should follow our lead. This is exactly why I can't stand reading newspapers or watching the news on the tube.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Does this have anything to do with the Italians finding those two Chinese men carrying US BONDS?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

could be a lie, but i believe it..

scince this whole uprising in iran started ive been sucpicious that its maybe not all linked to the election, alot of people are caught up cheering them on, but i have decided not to (even though its probably for the best).

i just cant help think about the fact that america have tried this stunt before in iran and other countries.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

awww, the poor heroin manufacturers. I mean it's sad, cause we all know that the poor ignorant Afghanistanis have no idea what they do. How could they, they're.....from the middle east, which means....what?

I don't for one second believe these guys don't know what heroin does. The taliban would kill these guys for not selling to them? Sounds like the cia should be ashamed!! How dare they cut heroin production AND cut into the taliban's finances!!!

The day they can grow heroin to feed their families is the day we can steal or sell drugs to feed ours. It's the same morally....the thing about dirt is it doesn't care what plants are grown on it, yet somehow it HAS to be heroin and it's not their fault? right.

as for the document, I'm not sure I hate the cia propping up (definition please?..giving money/electronics/advice to?) a government that doesn't blame all it's problems on outside forces. In order for 4000000 to be effective, there must be people in place willing to spend the money for a cause they believe in. Sounds to me that it IS POSSIBLE that the cia has allowed some Iranians to do what they already wanted to, but couldn't.
.....as long as the will was already there, it'sn not a bad thing, imo.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
Is it accurate to use the phrase 'tip of the iceburg' for what you are describing. Or is it more like the idea of propaganda when 90 per cent of what you say (not you personally) it true, and this allows the other 10 per cent to be full of whooping lies? Or have I misunderstood?

Hello yyyyyyyyyy,

I have no doubt that the 'torture' issue for example is something very real, but if you weigh its true significance compared to the much bigger stuff, you end up with something very in-significant. I'm not American, I'm not right or left or even center, the CIA knew that the media and a lot of the public in the U.S would bite this one just easily as they bit every other piece of insignificant rubbish, and for a while, perhaps even till now, some people are still focusing on that little charade, most often in the form of political-fuel, which IMHO only serves and continues to keep that dividing force alive. Some people know that they are being divided, but they fail to understand why. Its not to destroy, its to control, and control is the cornerstone of every Government, Government after all is to; Govern.

would be nice to have disclosure, but for me, secrets should not have been kept in the first place.

It firstly depends on what kind of disclosure youre referring to. Second, I dont agree that all secrets should be revealed, there is some information that should never be revealed, and rightfully so, something that may compromise the security and defense of a nation. Though, there is also information that has been kept for too long that should finally be out in the public domain, and I think that in the next few decades; we will get increments and small doses of that really neat stuff we all want know about and be part of.

Kind regards,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join