It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Consciousness (Stuart Hameroff)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
An interesting discussion of consciousness. We may suspect that quantum mechanics and consciousness are related, but the details are not at all clear. How the mind and brain might fit together intimately while still maintaining distinct identities? The connection is based on the correspondence of similar functions in both the mind and the quantum-mechanical brain.

An interview with Dr. Hameroff regarding the aspects of quantum physics and consciousness.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
STAR and FLAG, but, I wish I could give you a thousand stars and a thousand flags.

I have been religiously studying the subject for the past two weeks and most of my research is what he starts to talk about after the video cuts off.

I'm preparing my own paper to explain this connection and am about 9 pages in, just going over required basic elements of quantum mechanics.

For those of you interested, I'll list the topics required and a good starting point to understand the quantum mechanics/conciousness connection:

-Metaphysics & singular conciousness. (no scientific basis - all theory mostly)
-Quantum superposition.
-Quantum entanglement (eg: non-locality).
-Schrödinger's cat thought expiriment.
-Quantum thermodynamics (eg: the heat bath model).
-Subatomic particles (eg: "relic" neutrinos).

This is a subject that the whole scientific community should be focusing on as once conciousness is explainable it could become the answer to life, the universe, and everything, literally.

cheers

ps: i'll be checking back for further discussion if this topic lift's off, like he said in the video this topic is extremely difficult to wrap your head around, the only reason I understand it is because I have a IQ of 170 in matrix reasoning which makes me good at physics, and I have ADHD which makes me crazy

join