It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Anti-missile defense system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Does the tax-paying public know and support the spending of $10,000,000,000.00 per year for the forseeable future on a strategic missile defense system? A system that only works 5 in 8 times under strictly controled testing circumstances. www.nytimes.com...

Is this just the way to bolster flagging defense contractors?(Raytheon, Bechtel, and Boeing)

Is this just another example of the President flailing to hold on to he past, to support the failed doctrines of his daddy and the Gipper?

Should we be spending on a system with questionable need in the post cold-war world?

Will spending $10B a year lower gas prices?

Does anyone care?

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by scottsquared]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
no i dont care because this is stupid. we need this defense because we are NUMBER ONE! we are number one! we are number one!

we dont want no rushins bombing us and those eyeraki terorists so we need this defense. I saw, spend a gajillion more bucks on it! who cares? more beer!

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We don't have the technology to shoot down nuclear missiles mid-flight, and we probably won't for a long time.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
We don't have the technology to shoot down nuclear missiles mid-flight, and we probably won't for a long time.

I agree. We are still spending $10B/yr and deploying a useless system.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well... its kinda tough to develop technology without spending any damn money.

The system now can shoot down missles that fly nice and straight, and sometimes it can even pick out the real ones from the decoys.

But hey, without that $10B, they sure as # arent coming any closer to getting something real into place. After a couple more years, i betcha that $10B will start providing some nice results.

You damned liberal geeks always cutting long term programs cuz they dont fit nicely into 4 year politics...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You damned liberal geeks always cutting long term programs cuz they dont fit nicely into 4 year politics...

Wow, what an inteligent well thought-out argument, I'll surely vote for Bush now !

I'm not against spending money on well conceived weapons systems. This however is a sci-fi pipe dream. This makes us no safer and only imparts a false scense of security at a vastly inflated price. Never mind weapons systems, the ultimate system is that of well trained, well payed , well equipped, troops supported by thier government and the American people. More money for pay and training. Human resourses are the key to security. The only ones more secure for the deployment of the ABMs are the principles and shareholders of Raytheon, Bechtel, et. al.

Blindly following your arrogant leader is inexcusable. It is every American's responsibility to question the actions and motivations of the elected(and non-elected) leadership. All the time, even when we agree with them.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
no i dont care because this is stupid. we need this defense because we are NUMBER ONE! we are number one! we are number one!

we dont want no rushins bombing us and those eyeraki terorists so we need this defense. I saw, spend a gajillion more bucks on it! who cares? more beer!

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

lol, nice gimmick

top topics

join