It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distinguishing our distinctions..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Distinction: Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

The fundamental philosophical abstraction, involves the recognition of two or more things being distinct, i.e. different.

-----------

There are some who say that the human being, is nothing more than a meaning making machine, however complex.

To distinguish something, is to set it apart, to differentiate it from something else, or even everything else, to isolate it, and place it under observation. Every time we make an evaluation of something, and observe it, we could be said to distinguish it.

Even what we think of as "who we are" is a set of distinctions ie: my name is Rob, I live in Vancouver, I'm a recruiter, I'm a nice guy, I like ___ and ____, I am this I am that, etc. etc.

Moving up a notch, if we can observe ourselves observing ourselves, or watcch the "little voice in the head" do it's thing, making it's distinctions ad infinitim, it may be possible to distinguish our distinctions, to observe the meaning making machine in action..

IMO, this is a very important and vital distinction to make, that our true and authentic self, isn't who we THINK we are. In fact, whenever we THINK we really are who we are being we are not being who we authentically really are, and have fallen under the knife and the chopping block of the meaning machine machine, differentiated, one part from another, never whole.

It is only when we come to understand and realize that who and what we are being, is our own creation from moment to moment, that we are released from the program, to become our own "meta programmer", and this perspective, this transcendant ego this uber-self if you will, the one who can distinguish the very act of distinguishing, is powerful - for what is power, if not the power to choose who we are being and becoming through the unfolding present moment, relative to an as yet unborn realm of infinite possibility?

We are not our mind. Another vital distinction! Our mind, the meaning making machine, is a complex recording device. It knows everything that went BEFORE, and therefore it lives only relative to the past. Oh we may THINK we are thinking about the future, but in all truth we are doing nothing but continually projecting from the past, that is if we are being used by the distinction generator, by the program, running along on automatic pilot, allowing our inner voice thoughts, evalations, meanings, distinctions to DELUDE us into thinking that that is who we really are.

Who am I? we may then ask. The answer is we cannot know. It is a mystery. We are not the program, not our memories, not our distinctions, our traits, our name, our job, our friends, our physical appearance, no who we REALLY are, is a mystery. It could be said that we are creators of ways of being and thinking, but the "I am" who creates, is not subject to a distinction, he/she just is.

This is the final distinction we must use, and be used by, because it dissolves all others, and brings them all under the lightcone of conscious awareness, but fight on they will try, presuming wrongly, as past driven programs, that their dissolution in the light of conscious awareness spells their DEATH, and to a degree that may be true. However, they need to be persuaded by the transcendant ego, by the meta-programmer who is the real you, that the ONLY way they will get to live on, is to die to the false sense of self they've constructed and relentlessly propogate, to be, at last, distinguished, differentiated, and finally reintegrated, in wholeness.

Their only hope for continuity, resides in their surrender to the higher will of the "I am" part of you, which is who you really are. They are still a part of, and are not alien, to be judged or shunned, but they cannot be permitted to rule the roost or define the self. If they want to be authentically part of who we really are, the lie must end, and we must become authentic, by recognizing our inauthenticity. In other words, only when I know that who I am being is MY own creation can I be authentically who I really am, but, when I THINK who I am being is who I REALLY am, then I am inauthentic, and the ego kicks into high gear to shore up it's absolute dominion over the self, as the machine, thinking that IT is the self. We'll call that IT-self. It's not a person, just a machine, at least until it surrenders, and then and only then can it get to participate as a valuable addition in proper relation to and congruent alignment with the whole.

And that, is a war that we absolutely must win, and one which can only be won via love and self forgiveness. The judgement must come to an end, and some of the harsher distinctions, actively and relentlessly forgiven, from past to future, allowing the true self to at last emerge, reborn from within the eternally unfolding present moment of now.

All these voices, the controller, the "me me me", the comparison freak, the "i'm not worthy", all of them, they must be distinguished, and therein silenced, leaving only the still small voice, who is, and who is to be.

Your thoughts?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
My thoughts, lol ?

I think people often confuse mystery with miracle.

They can sometimes be greater mystery to themselves then to others

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ah but no one can take another person's "inventory" nor fathom the depths of the mystery of who they really are, and yet, paradoxically, the only path to self discovery, is by leaving self bahind to explore the other while attempting to see one's self through the eyes of another. That's a very interesting paradox.

We are mutual mysteries exploring the depths of each other, but do not dare to presume you really know who someone else is, which brings the joy of the game to an abrupt end in a collapse of judgement.

Listening then, without judgement, may be the highest act of love.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Lol.

When I said:

They can sometimes be greater mystery to themselves then to others

I actually meant they sometimes have superficial "feeling" that they are greater mystery then everything else

When it comes to mystery, we cannot do anything else but observe it without understanding

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
We can empathize though, in terms of our common denominators, and be supportive and contribute to one another, without judging the right or wrong of another, while respecting their path and their journey. And a mutual appreciation for the mystery, of people and life, that can lead to greater knowing and understanding. Just because something is mysterious doesn't mean that it cannot be entered into, or experienced..

-------

Regarding this notion of distinction..

Here's a distinction worth chewing on, imho.

Consider that the human being (as a meaning making machine) is dominated by a set of concerns, which may be distilled down to:

The concern for:

1) Looking good and not looking bad
2) Being right and not being wrong
3) Survival (will I survive this?)

Distinguishing this, and seeing it clearly, without judging (after all this is what we human beings do all the time), if we are really honest (of course some will insist they are not largely driven by these things - to look good and be right, or unique), and take a good hard look at the results these predominant concerns have produced in our lives, we may come to see how constraining they have been for us, and by first making the distinction, and then becoming authentic about our inauthenticity (doing it while pretending it is not the case), they are..distinguished, and no longer operate as a constraint or a severe limitation. Such a distinction then would open up new realms of increased power, freedom and self expression.

An example - my creation of this thread and everything I've written, has been driven largely by my strong desire to look good and be right.

Now that I've admitted that, and it's not abnormal in any way, because it's what we do as people - how does that alter your view, of me, or what I've written in this thread? Could there remain any value to you in what's being communicated now that we've gotten that little admission out of the way..? Can you forgive me?

Also, if we're communicating honestly, I think you may have been trying to take a bit of a poke at me there 5thElement, and are suggesting that I'm full of myself, and you may be right?!

But I'm not going to allow that to inhibit in any way my own self expression nor my desire to share something with others that I think could be of value. These are the risks we just have to take sometimes, the risk of being judged, or made wrong. I'm present to that, and will continue anyway!

And if I misinterpreted what you were communicating, I'm sorry. There's always a gap in communication, and this medium has no social cues, so sometimes it's hard to tell and we can't always read between the lines.

Best Regards,

OP

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

Moving up a notch, if we can observe ourselves observing ourselves, or watcch the "little voice in the head" do it's thing, making it's distinctions ad infinitim, it may be possible to distinguish our distinctions, to observe the meaning making machine in action..

What you describe is actually a very intense meditation technic: To observe oneslf's consciousness from the outside.

I did it many times in the meditative state and for me the successes were mind boggling (haha). It is true, you can observe the distinction-machine in action and learn how funny and futile all these everyday thoughts are from a higher perspective.

The trick is, that you work more and more with the perception outside the logical machine, up to the point, where you can rely on your meditative perception, without the help of the habitual thought processes.

Try it all day, no matter where or with whom you are, make it your habit to always be aware of your own thought processes and do not become evolved emotionally - i guarantee you, after a couple of days or weeks things will change dramatically.

It is funny: We in the west discover some of the core beliefs of spiritual systems so naiv, en passant. Most times we do not even realize what powerful tools we have in hands. In a south-indian Ashram i was, only this little technic you discovered is considered to be the ultimate way to reach Satchidananda, enlightenment, the superhuman and the solution for all personal, ecological, political etc. problems. And these people are not some poor, unexperienced villagers, but professor, people from the economy, rich, intelligent, well-educated men and women

Don't listen to words from people, trust your own experiences

peace

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Here's another distinction.

Whenever we attempt to generate a breakthrough in some area of our life, our "IT-self" freaks out, because it's afraid of novelty, and drives us directly into a breakDOWN, relative to the breakthrough, by attempting to force us to access the familiar ie: what went before. However, if we violate this programming, and act IN SPITE OF this powerful tendency to reach for the familiar, and the comfortable, while reaching out in communication to others for support and encouragement, we can overcome in that area, and, in doing so, for ANY major breakthrough, come to realize that these things are nothing more than tendencies and pre-programmed responses. Once again, by distinguishing them, and getting fully present to them in every way, they are disolved in the light of awareness.

Are we going to allow fear of the unknown and the unfamiliar to become a prison cell from which there is no escape, just because the novel and unfamiliar feels "scary"? Think about it, distinguish it, and get to the presence of the utter absurdity of it, and the degree to which we have previously been completely unable to clearly distinguish what our "It-self machine" has been trying to do, and how unhelpful it has been in serving us, the whole person - and then forgive yourself (It-self). It's only human after all, and it's all in the past.

Even how we are experiencing the discomfort in the present, in relation to this breakthrough we are wanting to have, is just "what's so". Sit with it, but remain present the realm of possibility you are creating, and let it disolve.. then take action in relation to what you are creating, however big or small and put THAT in the past instead..

My authenticity admission - I cannot quit smoking, and would like to. Therefore, I have yet to fully appropriate this learning or I simply don't want the breakthough badly enough..

Question: What could such a simple distinction now help realize in terms of life performance?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
interesting post. S&F.

i agree with what you say. when we can take a step outside our daily bubble, hourly bubble, even our bubble of "right now", we can start to see the processes taking place, ranging from complex to the most simplistic.

i wonder, are we all the same machine, the same programme, the same system?

are we all unique?

are we all collectively feeding the brain of a higher being that we are unaware of?

G

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Thanks. Btw, I can perhaps hear a little of It-self defending itself in your comment, for it immediately assumes that everything is "eat or be eaten", thus engaging a fight or flight response to the final distinguishing... to keep itself alive, to keep the program running, now born of a possible fear of God or cosmic brain feeding machine.. it's saying "be careful here" I could die, be eaten by the cosmic brain, lose our individuality, our uniqueness..ah! Must, keep, thinking...

At the end of this thread, my hope is we'll finally get some uproariously hilarious cosmic joke, but I'm not sure what it is, yet.. it's lurking though, and it might eat you if you're not careful..! And no I'm not trying to make you wrong there, or laughing at you. I suffer from the same irrational fear myself.

I think there are aspects of our experience that are unique, and I'm glad there's variety. If everything was just one, and there was no differentiataion, then well, there'd be no one to play with, and thus, no game, no fun, and no comedy. I think "God" is a comedian, that's my increasingly strong suspicion in all of this..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Here is one more very very important distinction imo.

Time Bound Ego Consciousness

IT-self, is terrified of the present moment, because deep down it knows that the present is eternal and thus a realm within and through which, could spell IT-self's death.. (oh no!)

The distinction involves It-self in it's relation to past, present and future.

As indicated in the OP, IT-self, the meaning making machine of the mind, lives only relative to the past, never the future, because it's an elaborate recording machine, which assumes that all information, and all judgements that have arisen in the past and in memory, are the real self, and in the process, has deluded you into thinking that this is who you really are.

And so it's locked up in the past, imprisoning you in the process, condemning you to operate only in relation to past and future, where future is nothing but a continual projection from the past, to keep the program alive with continuity, again, born of a fear of IT-self's death, but it doesn't know any better, because all it knows is the past, and, because it cannot help but think of itself as you - after all, it runs the program, it IS the program, and it also forms all your stream of consciousness thoughts moment by moment, day after day, so neither can you be blamed for mistaking yourself for the IT-self voice in your head!

But here's the thing - there is no such thing as past and future. Not only that, but we, our real self, lives only in the present moment, and can only live there, because it is there and no where else that we really are. Most frightening of all perhaps, at least to IT-self, is that we are in fact locked up within the eternally unfolding present moment, from which THERE IS NO ESCAPE. This is IT. The present moment is all there is, and everything that ever was, is and will be, will always occur in the now, now and forever, and it's now everywhere and always! Perhaps most frightening of all, would be the conception of the end of time, where time is an illusion, and thus, not only is there no escaping now now, but now is FOREVER! And that just doesn't compute! That precipites a program overload, and we say, automatically, no, that can't be, it can't be forever now.

Getting fully present to this possibility, and recognizing how truly stuck we really are within the present, by fully realizing the folly of believing in the past and the future as real, is to bring IT-self into the presence of nothing, to the end of it's programming, and it's somewhere on the other side of that terrifying possibility, which resides the cosmic joke that IT-self won't let me get, yet..

So for me, what I am listening for in this thread and watching for, is the uncovering of that joke, I must know what it is, because I am convinced that it is the one joke which will never cease to be funny, ever. It's a joke which can only eminate from earth, and one which only the human being can tell, but one which will also have the angels rolling in the isles..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It is said that it would be unreasonable to presume that there is a universally funny joke, so I could be wrong, but my instinct tells me otherwise.

However, just in case one could still reside as yet, undiscovered, within the realm of infinite possibility, the following two jokes may serve as primers, in preparation.

The World's Funniest Joke

The world's funniest joke is a term used by Richard Wiseman of the University of Hertfordshire in 2002 to summarize one of the results of his research. For his experiment, named LaughLab, he created a website where people could rate and submit jokes.[1] Purposes of the research included discovering the joke that had the widest appeal and understanding among different cultures, demographics and countries.

The study
The study documented regional differences in humour, as well as variations between the sexes. According to its results, men preferred more aggressive jokes, as well as sexual innuendo, while women preferred word play. Wiseman points out that the first joke below is the one that the most people found reasonably funny, and that it would be unreasonable to expect any joke to be universally judged superior to all others.

The aim of the research was to shed some light on how the brain works.

The experiment was conducted in Britain, where researchers solicited people around the world to contribute jokes as well as judge them. At the conclusion of the experiment, the scientists had evaluated over 40,000 submitted jokes and tallied nearly 2 million votes.

The winning joke, which was later found to be based on a 1951 Goon show sketch by Spike Milligan,[2] was submitted by Gurpal Gosall of Manchester:

A couple of Missouri hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

The second place finisher and early leader was this joke, submitted by Geoff Anandappa of Blackpool:

“Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson were going camping. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said: "Watson, look up at the stars and tell me, what do you see?"

Watson replied: "I see millions and millions of stars."

Holmes said: "And what do you deduce from that?"

Watson replied: "Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like earth out there. And if there are some planets like earth out there, there might also be life, and if life, the possibility of sentient life and other civilizations."

And then Holmes exclaimed: "Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent!"

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
To better appreciate and gain a higher degree of insight, or a "grokking" of the extremely challenging concept being put forward in this thread (I can write about it, but haven't yet grokked it myself either) - I would encourage you to familiarize yourself with the teachings of Eckhart Tolle, who lives not far down the road from me here in Vancouver, and can be seen sometimes meditating on a stump out at Spanish Banks Park.

www.youtube.com...

An intersting factoid about this curious little man from Van, is that before having his "ah ha" realization, he was on the verge of committing suicide.

In the depths of his suffering, largely due I'm sure to the incessant ramblings of his IT-self run-on meaning making machine - he suddenly came to see that there still existed a part of himself which was AWARE of his suffering self, and so, with nothing to lose, he tried switching his identity to the observer, and away from the suffering self, and over time, his suffering came to an end, and he found lasting peace and equanimity and then went on to make millions from his book about the still, nothingness of the now, called "The Power of Now."

Edited (twice, but deleted the 2nd edit tag) - to fix any errors, and make the tiniest of changes in order to maximize looking good and avoid looking bad.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think the final distinction, in regards to the self, is that any and all distinctions made, are not and cannot be the true self, which is indivisible, and therefore is the one thing which cannot be distinguished or set apart, but only experienced as the observing observer. Therefore, the only way we can authentically be whoever we are being, is to know that who we are being is a product of our own creation, whereby our true self is nothing more or less than the uncreated ground of being itself. Everything else is just a distinction, a label, a division or a construct of some kind, and these things are entirely changable, and are at best, add ons or projections.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

The funniest joke in the world, is death. I just haven't figured out the punchline yet. We'll get there..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What happened is just what happened, or maybe not..?

Looking back on my life, I can now recognize that my mind as a recording device has driven me to continually project the past into the future, based on nothing more than my interpretations of "what happened". So there're all these filters in my head, which have been constructed of all the beliefs and values inculcated in me, by every manner of interpretation and evaluation, and so, to a large degree, my "life" is little more than a tightly bound and highly constrained configuration (without any ropes) born of past events, taken in and processed via self reinforcing 'reality filters', which of themselves may not even be congruent with realty or what REALLY happened, and let's face it, what happened is just what happened, if it even occured the way I remembered it and interpreted it - but I'm still alive, and it didn't kill me, so the question that arises is - what does it matter?!!! Who cares, who gives a shiit! The past is the past, and all this 'content' is nothing more than a whole bunch of interpretations and evaluations and judgements, of either what happened or what I think happened, and all of that is now GONE. It doesn't exist. Not in reality it doesn't, not anymore.

If anything is alive, aside from the present moment, it's the future, because the future is something I can control, based on my ongoing experience and actions, from within the present moment, and this future realm of possibility, as a type of light cone eminating from the present, is a clean slate! There is nothing there, yet.

Only by freeing myself from the past however, can I start getting creative in relation to the future, born of my own imagination, and present moment action, and THAT, as a created way of being and doing, is infinitely more congruent with who and what I really am, than is a bunch of memories and interpretations of past events, which is nothing more than a bunch of shiit that happened, and a bunch of interpretations, most of which are out of alignment with the reality anyway, since they were derived from a bunch of highly subjective, self-reinforcing (ie: possibly deluded?) reality filters.

The human being is a latent potentia, a type of quantum mechanical realm of infinite possibility, if only we can learn how to leave the past in the past, and get present to the present out of which the as yet unborn realm of infinite possibility that is the future, arises, at each moment of now.

NOW therefore, is the creative wellspring of human being.

My mind can only serve me as a learning, of what not to do and how not to be, and a gift repository of strong suits and certain skills and abilities, but it's by no means of much help to me in getting a new map with which to begin navigating as yet uncharted territory.

So I think it's best to be nothing in relation to the nothing that is everything, and allow creative inspiration to motivate, born of my deepest hearts desire, which is to love and be loved, and to create, have fun, experience and enjoy, and where needed, willingly suffer for the sake of what is right.

Getting free from the past, by fully distinguishing it, within a wholly rational frame of reference (from present to future), is I think the most important and vital distinction of them all.

Otherwise, we're just running around on autopilot, unconscious, automatically projecting nothing into the future, but a continuation of the past, and that's utterly absurd, and insane!

The mind as a recording device, is therefore, insane - where the definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

It's ok to have an insane mind however, no use disowning it, but to be fully and properly harnessed (our own mind), we must recognize that it is in fact, quite insane. There is a fatal flaw in it's program, because it thinks and continually attempts to take over control of our rational faculty and our creative inspiration, based on nothing more than who we WERE, not who we really are. So it's best that it give up the ghost and get with the new program, which the meta-programmer is creating as he goes. Then and only then, can we begin to gain control over the past, through the future wake we leave through the unfolding present moment, of right thinking, being, and doing.

"Right view" (Buddha), isn't the rear view, and "he who looks back isn't fit to plow the field." (JC)

Best Regards,

OmegaPoint

[edit on 9-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Shoshin "Beginner's Mind"

Shoshin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Shoshin (初心, also pronounced nyuanshin) is a concept in Zen Buddhism meaning Beginner's Mind. It refers to having an attitude of openness, eagerness, and lack of preconceptions when studying a subject, even when studying at an advanced level, just as a beginner in that subject would. The term is especially used in the study of Zen Buddhism and Japanese martial arts.

The phrase was also used as the title of Zen teacher Shunryu Suzuki's book: Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, which reflects a saying of his regarding the way to approach Zen practice: In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few.

Shoshin also means "Correct Truth" and is used to denote a correct or perfect signature on art works Shoshin Mei. This is opposed to fake signature, "Gimei" (bad Mei). The term can be used for any thing or person who is perfectly genuine.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lecture on Beginners Mind (Must Read)

www.intrex.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Btw, aside from the few posters who've chimed in, has any of this been of any interest, or value, to anyone..?

"The meaning of communication, is the response you get."
~ NLP presupposition

--------------------

For those who's IT-self mind, or meaning machine machine, has stopped serving you, and is no longer your supportive friend, giving you negative feedback a lot of the time, I have another distinction you may want to consider.

I'll start by posing it in the form of a question.

From the perspective of your mind, how is a "WIN" or a "LOSS" defined or distinguished?

I believe that I can demonstrate precisely why and how your insane mind, is not only insane, but in many ways, has become your enemy, labelling you (us) as a "Loser" (with a capital L) and is tearing you, your true self, literally to pieces, in the most cunning and subtle ways..

[edit on 10-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm just going to carry on anyway, as "OmegaPoint", as "seeking mind", speaking into the nothing that is everything that is you..

Taking it all the way

Star of Illumination

Buddha is reported, in the final stages before his realization, when he'd just given up (and had stopped his fasting), to have suddenly felt and experienced, a profound shift, beginging to take place in him, so he went back to sitting, determined not to stop under any circumstances, until enlightement was achieved, and staying up all night, early in the morning, the morning star on the horizon, bang, AWAKENING!

Star over Bethlehem

IMO, allegorically, this is the same star of Jesus Christ's birth - but WAIT, here's the spin on it - The "three wise men from the Orient (from the East), are none other, than Lau Tzu, Confucius and Buddha (who were contemporary to one another and actually lived at around the same time, approx 2500 years ago), and their gifts, the three "flavours" of those three Eastern oral traditions, rendered in the gospels, as Gold, Frankencense and Mirr - Christ's BIRTH itself then occuring, not neccessary at birth as "half God and half human", but instead at the precise moment, of appropriation or full "grokking" of those three aspects of the ancient Taoist tradition, here simply framed relative to both the Jewish tradition and to the suffering of man as a whole under the yoke of the dualitistic attached and separated mind, so as to clear the way, once again, for a return to innocence without fear.

This in my mind, the very apex of the triangle of BOTH the Eastern and the Western ancient and mystical traditions, represents a new way, and a novel way, to approach what the West would call the Eternal Now, as all that is, fundamentally, in the midst of flow and flux, the Tao - here rendered as in the case of Buddha, an enscape from suffering, and in Jesus Christ, an embrace of it, once and for all time - "let them be so one, that they will know that it was you oh Father who sent me."

Getting back on topic (although still talking to myself, anyone and noone), here is my thought on Jesus Christ, posted at another Thread.

I believe in the Solipsistic Quantum Cosmological Christ, and my "theory" if you will, about the true nature of man and his intended statute in the fullness of all things universal, is as follow from a post I made over in another thread.

The Logos

I think it has to do with an evolutionary process, where manifestation is tied to proclamation. It has to do with distinctions, and a continual process of differentiation and reintegration, something which can only be delimited via meaning. QM is beginning to grapple with the meaning aspect of creation. Meaning collapses the probability wave into an actuality, and it can also generate a new wave of possibility. This imho, is the Logos, or The Word. It ties into Consciousness and conscious awareness. In the Gospel of John, word made flesh simply denotes God-consciousness in human form, or a sphere within a sphere.

I also think Jesus was or became, through the same process, a walking pineal gland, the gateway, the true vine, etc. the way, the truth and the life, and in his word and world, the way of being that he had achieved was distinct and unique, so he could not help but to differentiate himself from everyone else, with his cross being an attempt to reintegrate with everyone, by taking on all the damage caused by their faulty thinking and separation. A rather ingenious attempt to resolve a fundamental paradox regarding human suffering imo.

By this definition, the Logos is like an arrow of civilized progression, and the Christ, a universal man of such progress embodied, made manifest in the physical universe, here on earth of all places! Yes, that is very solipsistic, but so too are the implications of modern quantum physics.

When looking at Jesus Christ as the Logos, it is also important to consider the mind/body connection and the human mind-universal mind connection.

In this way, a cosmos absolutely filled with life and intelligent civilizations, would do nothing to undermine the Christian faith, maybe only bolster it, revealing that the highest always serves the lowest, where the last shall be first and the first, last. It's an evolutionary proposition of non-locality (you saw it here first), where man, being last, is, at the most fundamental level, no matter how undeveloped from a socio-political-spiritual basis, the most evolved being in the universe, made, by intelligent design, to contain non other than the spirit of the living God, with Christ being the first among many to make manifest or to actualize, the promise made, with integrity.

I know that minds prejudiced with contempt prior to investigation will cry foul, and say that I just posted a bunch of pseudo-science woo woo to support an unfounded Christian faith, and for them, it will not compute. There are many others here reading this, however, who WILL "grok" it most fully, "all those with the ears to hear let them hear."

To better understand the revelation that I'm driving at here, for the Logos, or The Word, look to the Phi Ratio or the Golden Mean, relative to the sacred geometry of the Seed of Life, and then consider man as the most recent, and therefore the very highest expression of the creative principal, in the universe, due to what I call evolutionary non-locality ie: nothing in the universe evolves in isolation, with the whole universe being a non-local, instantaneously interconnected, holographic phenomenon, or in terms of order from chaos, an open system.

This places imo, the whole Biblical framework and human spirituality as an evolutionary phenomenon, in a whole new light (of course you can ignore some of the cultural baggage which got towed along in the process) as well as the political power aspects involved in trying to use "The Word" for the raw temporal power of domination and submission. One has to get around or over their bias against "Churchianity" to see the truth at the very heart of it all.

So you see, in a non-local, holographic universe, local matters, especially here of all places, where the rubber really hits the road in terms of the ongoing struggle in the midst of the paradox of good and evil and of civilized leadership and the neccessity to influence for the greatest possible good of one and all in the house.

And remember too, that the technology of any advanced civilization would be indistinguishable, from magic. Perhaps we live in a universe where there are many players, and unimaginable technologies, the very highest of which is imo, The Word itself, as a type of God-NLP for the creative spiritual evolution of the human being.

"And as my father hath sent me, even so send I you." so there again, it's organic and holographic and progressive, with continuity.

Or, maybe I'm just starting to take in too much '___' from all the meditating I've been doing lately!

So it IS all about YOU, and ME, and OUR relationship, to one another, and to God through Jesus Christ. In Christ and through Christ we are one, and there is no such thing as death, only forgiveness, and unconditional love.

So I'd just like to say therefore, that I love you all as I may be loved, if my deepest suspicions and philosophical speculations, are valid, and since every point of view is entirely valid, then so it is.

Love and Light,

OmeaPoint

Namaste..

Namaste indeed!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
/ end program

peace..

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
A problem I encountered when trying to stay aware all the time is that i couldn't really get rid of the IT-self.
I mean I made a "conscious" choice of not getting rid of IT. I thought killing it without understanding it would be a waste. "This judging program must have its purpose besides making my life a living hell" , I thought.

After doing some research I found a book "In the Belly of the Beast: Holding Your Own in Mass Culture" in which it explained what was the purpose of this program. This program developed out of the need for an automatic pilot during long flights. Biologically speaking, our recent ancestors seem to be a bit weak;

Imagine you trying to feed your family from what the forest has to offer you, including lethal mushrooms. It would of required your complete awareness, and your complete immersion in the now, just to stay alive on day by day basis. This way of life at that era in human evolution would have made life very whats the word im looking for "tedious". Once enough knowledge was gathered about the different threats facing us in the forest. Then the program evolved out of the need to spread this knowledge to all sentient beings intuitively.

Now, however, we live in another era were information (at least in western culture) is being accessed freely and constantly, (the internet). Plus our basic necessities are "almost" being taken care of by sustainable industrialized processes. Therefore the need for the IT-self program is being less and less obvious.

WE are at a point IMHO were a peace must be forged between those who have the know-how Scientists, Engineers, Lawyers, the experts in structures and patterns and the ones who have the know-when the business leaders, Opportunist, Bankers, Gansters , the experts in possibilities and human potentiallity . This peace must be made not amongst each other, but amongst ourselves so that no one is made to serve another. And no structure or institution would be establish beyond serving the immediate (now) need of the constituents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join