It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Considers Cashless System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Yes, get rid of money and find some other currency, eg talents and capabilities.

We would not walk in and help ourselves, oh, puhleese.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
If it works, then it will be a major step in the advancement of mankind.

Haven't you ever watched Star Trek?

Cashless system only worked in Star Trek because they had devices to convert raw matter into desirable objects.

Meanwhile, in the real world, a cashless system means that we would SERIOUSLY have to RESPONSIBLY manage our natural resources to make it work. Can we really trust the governments to do that? I think not.

For more information on cashless resource based society, check these guys out.

www.thevenusproject.com...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by James Random]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by James Random

Just to clarify something, this article is not about a cashless society, but rather a paperless/coinless society. All they are suggesting is to get rid of all paper money. Instead, everyone will use debit/credit cards, checks, and whatever else they might come up with to digitally transfer payments. I think one poster mentioned using cell phones to do it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well I can't see how that is going to work so well. The Nikkei isn't the strongest as it is. Converting pretend money into phantom money might repair the problem for a while but it's only a temporary one.

Ah well. I suppose my dream of resource based economy will have to wait

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You see, if there is a society in the world that could implement such a change with a minimum of fuss it is Japan ... this does not, however, make it a good thing.

if some hidden 'string puller' wanted to implement such a move in a stable place in order to help along the world wide change they could not have picked a better place than Japan. from there, once entrenched, the cashless thing could be spread and implemented elsewhere in stages while Japan remained the 'established' place for such a shift.

this might be even worse than it seems ...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by James Random

this might be even worse than it seems ...

My thoughts, exactly. This is just a demonstration to win people over to the idea of a paperless, one-world currency. They'll get it established in a quasi-stable place like Japan and then say "look how well it works! don't you want this in your country too?!" This is the beginning of the end of sovereign monetary systems.

Thank you all for the replies,

TA

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It could work but some problems will occur

*1 lets say I want to give my kids, a homeless person heck anyone money how do I do that.

*2 If it is cashless that would mean that it is either card based or rfid based what happens if there is a power outage, with cash you can still use your money. With cards when the system goes down to do a power problem the cards stop working.

*3 For this system to be created how will people pay for things will there be a new machines merchants will have to purchase?

*4 Will the government pay for them or is this a financial hit for everyone.

If it does not cost anything to the citizens I say go for it; if it does nope the citizens should not be forced to buy stuff for this idea.

Everybody does not have credit, debit cards so that can not be the way.

I remember some town in Quebec there were testing out a cashless system and everybody used a card based system. They gave everybody these cards and you could connect them to your bank accounts etc. when you went to a store you would swipe the card and type a pin the merchant would type the price in and it was deducted from your card this is the only way I could see this working.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc
It could work but some problems will occur

*1 lets say I want to give my kids, a homeless person heck anyone money how do I do that.

You wouldn't. The homeless have no place in an Elite Society.

*2 If it is cashless that would mean that it is either card based or rfid based what happens if there is a power outage, with cash you can still use your money. With cards when the system goes down to do a power problem the cards stop working.

Card based. Largely because it's already out there and it's easier to get people to accept it than being chipped like family pets. RFID is just a ruse to keep you looking at the wrong thing while they slip the ONE WORLD credit card gently into your wallet.

*3 For this system to be created how will people pay for things will there be a new machines merchants will have to purchase?

Probably provide the whole shebang for free. Don't forget, we don't NEED money. The Elite just want money because it is as much a dictator as they are. We have enough resources to look after the human race indefinitely if it was intelligently managed.

*4 Will the government pay for them or is this a financial hit for everyone.

Probably the taxpayers. Just like they pay for everything else. But like I say, the systems will probably be card based. I'll there's more shops out there with a card machine than there are without. All of the huge commercial businesses already have card systems. Your dusty old bookshop down 123st street has no place in an Elite Society. Only the huge superstores.

If it does not cost anything to the citizens I say go for it; if it does nope the citizens should not be forced to buy stuff for this idea.

It will cost you. It'll cost you your freedom. Cause if you don't do what THEY say - they only have to delete your account and your life is finished. No cash in hand jobs to fall back on, no way of conducting crime for cash. You'll have nothing.

Everybody does not have credit, debit cards so that can not be the way.

Not yet they don't, but the majority of people do. It'll cost more and look more suspicious to try and chip everyone than it would to send them a complimentary credit/debit card through the post because the 'new system' is coming. Just like the councils of England had to make provisions for people who couldn't afford to buy Digital TV when the Analogue Switchover came.

I remember some town in Quebec there were testing out a cashless system and everybody used a card based system. They gave everybody these cards and you could connect them to your bank accounts etc. when you went to a store you would swipe the card and type a pin the merchant would type the price in and it was deducted from your card this is the only way I could see this working.

True. In some places it is already working. Students in the UK are always paying for stuff rather than carrying around cash because drunk people oftentimes get mugged etc. Another pitch for pushing this horrific system forward. 'Nobody can ever mug you if you don't have any cash'.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by jatsc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join