It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else is Persian on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I was curious with everything going on who else on ATS is Persian.

Particularly I wanted to find out what peoples thoughts where about what the US stance should be or what people think if this is a revolution or just a protest.

I personally think that the US should stay out of it even verbally stay out of it. Until the Islamic dictatorship starts killing large numbers of its people. But even then the last thing I want is for the US to be the police of the world since that is how we have many of the problems we do and its also an unnecessary financial burden. Since I consider myself more american than persian, my allegiance is to whats in the best interest for america. But in my dreams the US would bomb to hell the Islamic dictatorships compounds and facilities.

As for the Revultion, protest question. I would hope that if it is a revolution that the people realize blood will be spilled and start killing and attacking the basiji militia members who are nothing more than uneducated thugs that have this islamic theocracies blessing to act like gang members. But if its just a protest I feel like its all for nothing.
heres to it being a revolution.

I know that persians in iran have a desire to be western more than many western people do.

Well I hope there are other persians on ats so that we can share our information, also I am interested to see what they think about things.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You think they want to be western so badly because they got a taste of it under the shah and it has been beaten out of them so badly? The more you waive a forbidden fruit under a starving man's nose the harder he will fight to eat it, all the ayatollahs did was completely undermine their own power by enforcing such backward laws and mores.

Hope all works out for your family.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm not Persian. But my opinion is that many Persian women are HOT! I wish they would show their bodies more. Dayum! Get all this religious and politcal crap out of the way. Let me enjoy them and let them enjoy their ownselves. Meanwhile, let Persia sort out its own mess.

Meanwhile, I think these protestors in Iran do know what they are or could be sacrifiing their lives for.

new topics

join