It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is a beautiful country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
We have all heard John Mcains take on the song and Rudy Giuliani's contemplation for a first-strike nuclear attack, which would no undoubtedly kill an large number of Iranians. So now we get criticism on how President Obama is handling the situation.

Bomb Bomb Iran

Guilliani first strike

These advocates of bombing Iran are now concerned for the Iranians welfare.?

Makes you wonder where we might be if the election went the other way.

I want to leave you with a video of Iran.

Thanks for listening to my incoherent ramblings.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Tartarspoon]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Iran is a very beautiful country. We must not follow the directives to war any longer. The time is critical for this world, and its time to wake up, get real, and become a united humantiy. This means sidestepping or ignoring the bad leadership we all have been living under. Question all authority. Now is the time. This war, must not happen, and the others must end. Its time to get real. This planet is in shambles already. We need to caretake it, and replenish the oceans, and try to caretake it. We need unity, not economic slavery or war.

The War is Over, Sarah Brightman and Kazim Al Sahir

What you never know, Sarah Brightman

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Its very easy to get ready for war, without even knowing the people, the faces, the dignity, the beauty in the land and people. Peace, not war.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

Thank you so much for posting this!!

I know people from so many different countries around the world that all say their homeland is beautiful. I hear about an Israel that is lush and green (no tanks rolling through), a Kenya with beach resort towns, Bosnia with laughing, wonderful people.

I wish every person could see other countries for what they truly are; not for how American media portrays them.

Thanks!

Anyone got a video like this for North Korea??
; )

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've seen some great photographs of Iranians in National Geographic Magazine in the past. There are people there in the pics that seem very westernized. And I remember a pic of women sitting on a hill overlooking a city while wearing burqas. It's a very compliacted society. I don't want to interfere with this country. It's their country. Why should we try to deny this country the ability to create energy from nuclear plants? Oh, they have lots of oil and so they don't NEED nuclear power now. WTF? This country has far-sighted individuals whp see that they have a fuel that countries will go to war for. Save that outdated fuel source for the dummies that rely upon it. Meanwhile, let's move forward. Ya know, more people have died in a car that Ted Kennedy was driving than in a "nuclear accident" in the U.S.
I just had to say that. It's true and and also a bit funny. Did you know that in Ohio an energy company has just about secured rights to build a nuclear powered generating plant:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I recently viewed a PBS show, Rick Steves in Iran. He visited Iran, talked to the people, and I'm left with the impression that its a wonderful place with some great people that are NOT anti-American unlike the government.

If you can catch it please do!

Rick Steves Iran

delius

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

You're Welcome.. and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

It's easy to demonize a country and its people based on what you hear on t.v. All in all, they are people just like you and I.

edited for typos

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Tartarspoon]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the videos! Iran is a very pretty country. I dont think we should do anything over there. It's their fight not ours! Thanks again for the videos to the OP and everyone else

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hey, lets give this our focus. There are probably many peace groups, lets not just be apathetic. Lets swell the numbers with our agreement. And our positive thoughts, be they prayers, meditations, visualizations, each day, lets give 10, 20, 30 or more minutes to picture peace and understanding to grow. Lets wake up! Iran, is beautiful. We're all beautiful. Lets put aside what we've become.

edit to add: oops, wrong video

[edit on 21-6-2009 by mystiq]

new topics

top topics

join